• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
This was a good looking battle. Really happy Tranquil/Unfezant got two wins. Shame Krokorok was the fall guy/girl but I am sure it time will come. Lots of impressive animation and lots of nice screentime for Swoobat and Swanna over the last two episodes. Plus a nice new paragraph to fill Tranquil/Unfezant's rather empty Bulbapedia page!

Disappointed that the writers made Tranquil use Wing Attack, come on writers don't you play/research the games before you write them? Unless like some have said Wing Attack becomes a legal move for the Pidove family in Black & White 2. That or it was meant to be Steel Wing but a mistake was made down the line somewhere? Either way lets see if its corrected and ever used again, hopefully not as there's better moves that can be used like U-Turn.

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Who was Skyla watching on the streaming battle on her computer? The context of that scene confused me a bit.

Fuuro was studying DVD's of her grandpa's battles, and taking notes on how to counter/neutralize electric attacks.

This was in reference to Swanna's Aqua Ring counter to Electric moves.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So I've seen the pictures, pretty happy to how the battle turned out even though I wanted Krokorok to get atleast a win but atleast Pikachu only got one and Tranquill got the two wins I wanted her to get.

The animation by the commentaries and by the pictures seems like it was really good and depending on taste this was probably the second best gym fight in Isshu(I say depending on taste because I think i will still like Clay's more).

Weird that they screwed up by giving Wing Attack to Tranquill when she can't learn it, maybe it learns it in BW2 :X, Aerial Ace is always cool atleast to me I do want her to get Sky Attack and Razor wind and I believe she will be upgradind some moves in the next battles she has.

Will probably post again after finding a good quality version of the episode to watch.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Can anybody tell me what attacks Unfezant used on Wanna?? But only Unfezant not Tranquil.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I've seen the pictures and this battle looks great, it's a shame Krokorok was a fall guy but like Kira's said, he hasn't had much training and I personally thought he was weak as shown in his previous episodes.
Krokorok was never weak in my eyes, just the circumstances he/she was put in made it so he couldn't win or his victory wasn't that big to be celebrated. I think Tails had the better idea about it losing it's glasses, thus casing it to lose (iirc, you also wanted that?) but this was kind of ridiculous seeing as it didn't take any hits that were super effective

Dax

Legend
Amazing gym battle. I don't know which one I love the most, Clay's or this one but both have been a step into the right direction after the previous gym battles were so disappointing.

Tranquill was such a cute bird and I dislike that it had to evolve into such an ugly thing. I thought Unfezant was going to look passable, but no, she's just plain ugly.

Unfezant is probably one of the fastest pokemon Ash has ever owned. Only two attacks out of the many that were thrown at her hit her. She dodged everything with incredible ease thanks to her speed. I hope they continue flaunting this trait. It may not make her unique since Swellow was also fast but at least she'll have an impressive trait Ash can think about when wanting to win a battle based on speed.

I'm still not convinced by Aqua Ring being able to stop electric attacks. It's a ring made out of water, to electricity should still be transported to it but whatever, I guess they needed something to make Pikachu lose which doesn't bother me at all.

I enjoyed Skyla's character and the focus Unfezant got. Hopefully she won't be forgotten but I'm sure her future is staying in a lab doing nothing. :(

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow, once again, nobody uploaded the episode. I haven't actually seen an episode since the Genie Two-Parter.

I don't think this battle could have gone any better, actually. Unfezant was the star and rightfully got two wins without being knocked out, and Krokorok was the fall guy. Ash not being on his last legs with Pikachu still in health was a change too. I want to see more Unfezant battles now.

What was that tornado move Swanna used? Twister?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I though they both looked cute lol, Unfezant looked pretty cute for an evolved pokemon and had "majestic" aura around her, dunno the bird just looked feminine, the animators did a good job.

Actually design wise Tranquill is my favourite middle stage regional bird.

Evolution sequence was awesome and here I was thinking Roggenrola evolution was awesome:)P they both were but I like this one more).

I agree with Dax on the speed focus, its cool that they showed that trait, specially since female Unfezants are knwon to be good flyiers, I loved how she wa dodging everything with easy and they nuked Swanna like a silent hitman(girlbird).

Detect could have gone well with that, that white aura could have been detect but apparently it was just her awesome speed so its cool anyway.

Pikachu battle was cool also, I don't hate the thing so I can enjoy is fights even though I would have prefered him to sit out till the last gym, the last combo had really cool animation, the rotating Electro ball was nice.

Krokoboy seems to be using dig like Clay Krokorok used which is cool, I really would have prefered that they continued his development by making him losing the glasses and that being the motiff of the loss but wtv, it was a fast battle but I still liked his effort.

Last edited:

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
Probably my favorite gym battle for this region. Expected Aerial Ace, did not expect Wing Attack, which I suspect will be changed for another move down the road. The writers know how to make Tranquill/Unfezant look good in battles, it's too bad they don't show her off more. I'm glad Krokorok was the fall guy, only because hopefully Chomper will knock it off with acting like Krokorok is the new Crustle.

If I may ask, what made people think Unfezant would get a status move?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Okay, watched the episode. I liked how dynamic the battle was, and the swooping camera really added to it. Unfezant vs Swanna was intense and now I really resent the show for not using her.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I'm glad Skyla changing her mind on things was downplayed, and that she was wrong wasn't rubbed in her face. I just don't think she deserved the negative reaction she got last episode, since it was just her own view on things and she wasn't that mean about it at all (if anything, Cilan was alot harsher with expressing HIS views).

Also, I loved Skyla's entrance to the battle. The girl is awesome, end of discussion.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I still think Clay's gym was better, but this was a good representation of a gym battle. I guess my negatively was how fast certain Pokemon went down till Swanna came out...

On a side note- Technically, this is the second gym battle where a Krokorok get's used and beaten by the first Pokemon on the opposite side, sad as it is for Ash's

It sucks that Krokorok lost. I don't think Tranquill/Unfezant should have beaten two pokemon. Oh well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Very good episode. The battle against Skyla was a lot more interesting than the one with Elesa. I do love how Tranquill/Unfeazant finally got some time to shine. Even if its last time shinning, at least it was worthy the waiting. Also, we can say Unfeazant had the chance to finish a gym at least, something it's likely Snivy won't do.

I also like how Krokorok's first gym battle was handled. After all, despite its strenght it just started to be trained by Ash, so it makes sense being defeated.

My minor complaint is Cilan appearently being all ok almost every time. I mean, he handled his defeat rather fine and during all the battle, he acted like it was just another one of Ash's battle. I was expecting he'd do... something different given its loss in the previous episode.

Great episode, anyway.