• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the episode.

Was quite the entrance on Skyla's part...kind of over the top though but whatever.

Interesting, didn't know Krokorok actually got a hit in on Swoobat, well at less it did something in the battle. The battle was kind of fast. I wish they would reference the types better, there was no mentioning of Swoobat's Psychic type and Krokorok's Dark type. I still wish it would have lost due to it's sunglasses. Was nice seeing Ash use Krokorok in an official battle though.

Swoobat vs Tranquill was kind of a quick battle too. It was interesting though, I liked how Wing Attack was done, the little sound effect from it was nice, Tranquill's second Air Cutter was interesting too. Disappointed that Swoobat only had two moves.

Unfezant vs Tranquill was yet again quick, although it was due to substitution so not that big of a deal, although Tranquill seemed more exhausted then it should have been, it didn't have that hard a time against Swoobat.

Unfezant vs Pikachu...why are these battles so quick...Unfezant only had two moves too...I liked Pikachu's Electro Ball at the end, was nice.

Swanna vs Pikachu was a decent length at less. Poor Pikachu, couldn't really do anything against Swanna...oh well +1 win for Tranquill...or Unfezant I guess.

Swanna vs Tranquill was alright length wise considering Tranquill evolves. Gust vs Hurricane...hahaha...ha, I don't even know what to say about it other then it was an interesting collision of attacks with a not surprising outcome, I liked it. I liked the build up to Tranquill evolving, Iris thinks it's over then Cilan steps in and says it's not, then Tranquill evolves. The evolution looked a little odd to me, but was still nice.

Swanna vs Unfezant combined with Swanna vs Tranquill was a nice length battle, I suppose it's better for the final battle to be more length then the others but still the others felt a little to quick in my eyes. I liked how Aerial Ace was done, seemed like it's effect was more like the game this time around, Unfezant's eye locks on to Swanna and chases after it. Swanna was kind of in Brave Bird for a while wasn't it. I loved Unfezant's collision against Swanna.

Battle wise, the Swanna battles were nice enough length wise but the others felt too quick to me, but I don't have that much of an issue with it. I enjoyed the battles for the most part, especially Unfezant's.

Overall I enjoyed the episode.

G50

No longer posting
Unfezant vs Tranquill was yet again quick, although it was due to substitution so not that big of a deal, although Tranquill seemed more exhausted then it should have been, it didn't have that hard a time against Swoobat.

Tranquill was flying at high speeds trying to dodge and use attacks to defeat Swoobat (even took a hit) and trying to go after Unfezant. That's what exhausted her during the battle. With all of that dodging and high speed, it makes sense why she was exhausted.

gohan5

Irisboy
It's odd how Skyla said everything was going according to what the air battles said it would, but she was lying about that. She said that Ash would be down to only Pikachu, which wasn't the case since Ash switched out Hatoboh earlier on. She also said that Kenhallow would take down Hatooboh, but he didn't.

Well to be fair, she said that Pikachu would be Ash's main battler since Krokorok and Tranquill wouldn't be enough to win. Unfezant didn't take down Tranquill because Ash used a substitution. She predicted that Tranquill wouldn't be a match for Unfezant and she was right, thus why Ash switched out.

She was just making up excuses. Skyla was interpreted as such a cocky and arrogant character that it's almost unbelievable.

I wish they had done better job with her.

I don't think she was all that arrogant, at least no more than the average gym leader. The air battles is what makes everyone scream bloody murder around here. Hell, Dento was more arrogant than she was in their battle.

Tranquill was flying at high speeds trying to dodge and use attacks to defeat Swoobat (even took a hit) and trying to go after Unfezant. That's what exhausted her during the battle. With all of that dodging and high speed, it makes sense why she was exhausted.

Yes exactly, the fact that Tranquill had to use Quick Attack and still failed to match Unfezant in speed is why she was exhausted. It was more than just using attacks, both Pokemon were showcasing flying ability and Tranquill couldn't keep up.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
And so here is the real Gym Battle stuff. I have to say it was pretty enjoyable. I did enjoy Skyla's little thoughts on how she planned to win. As silly as they were as if she thought she was going to be the main character, oh Skyla you were doomed before you even existed in the anime. But I did enjoy Skyla's crazy cannon entrance. My goodness how long did it take for her to learn and do that right? I don't keep up with the anime so I didn't even know Ash caught that Krokorok. I was surprised to see him call it out which was a pleasant surprise. Of course Skyla had some way take down Pikachu, no surprise there but I did like the fact that Ash got a evolution during the middle of the battle and they didn't pull a "oh it just evolved and is not use to that form and lost" crap. So good job there. The episode didn't disappoint mainly because Skyla was in it again. Oh Skyla, I would say I wish you were on the main cast but then I'd be sick of you be the end of the region. So this is for the best.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm late, but...

I din't like the battles at all, except for pikachu vs Skyla's unfezant and Ash's unfezant vs swanna. Skyla was arrogant as the most part of unovian trainers (I find the most part of them, gym leaders or no, a bunch of posers). Ash's reactions were... the same as ever. Angry looks, gritting teeth, predictable comments... And, by the end, he didn't teach (verbally) something to Skyla and it's just random how she gets fired up from nowhere at the last fight and instantly learns how fun are real battles, but, she probably won't appear again, anyway. I have the feeling she digs her own defeat by making swanna use brave bird so many times.

At all, a decent episode. I give 6/10.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I did like the fact that Ash got a evolution during the middle of the battle and they didn't pull a "oh it just evolved and is not use to that form and lost" crap. So good job there.
That's how Ash has Swadloon and Boldore... they also evolved in a gym battle and won Ash the badge (actually Swadloon took out the two not star Pokemon...Pikachu defeated the star in that gym) So I can t you don't keep up that much XD

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
All in all, some of the blatant brutal displays of power made this episode for me.

- Krokorok vs. Swoobat: At the end there was just so much dust and wind and explosions that I went wtf on multiple occasions because of the sheer epicness.
- Tranquill vs. Swoobat: Can only remember the Air Cutter, other then that it was unmemorable.
- Tranquill vs. Unfezant: Completely boring.
- Pikachu vs. Unfezant: The combinations that Pikachu used in the end were of the sort that I like to see. Iron Tail to the neck, and then wrapping up with Electro Ball.
- Pikachu vs. Swanna: The hell has been brought down upon Pikachu! Bubblebeam+Hurricane+Bravebird back to back without Pikachu having even a short time to get up, I don't even remember the last time when Pikachu was so devastatingly knocked around. Pikachu getting up after all of that was stupid as there should just have been no way after those moves, and more specifically, without even having had the time to brace itself between the moves.
- Tranquill vs. Swanna: Gust vs. Hurricane was okay, as I knew where it would lead to.
- Unfezant vs. Swanna: Good run, good chase. A different set up then a regular battle if you would say, but done well.

Luthor

it was a good episode i enjoyed most of the battling between ash and skyla but i was dissapointed by the anime move error.Well hopefully there won't be any for a while.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
People wanted so bad to see Skyla but I guess that all changes if she's a know-it-all bimbo. As far as Unfrezant is concern, I think it did a good job. Screw Cilan if he lost and hopefully screw Iris too with Drayden.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That's how Ash has Swadloon and Boldore... they also evolved in a gym battle and won Ash the badge (actually Swadloon took out the two not star Pokemon...Pikachu defeated the star in that gym) So I can t you don't keep up that much XD

Yeah, did I mention I don't keep up anymore? I'd like to again someday when I can get more into it. For now I just jump from episode to episode with game characters I'd like to see and how they are portrayed. Skyla being a huge one for me of course.

G50

No longer posting
it was a good episode i enjoyed most of the battling between ash and skyla but i was dissapointed by the anime move error.Well hopefully there won't be any for a while.

Unfortunately there was also another error. She bragged about predicting Ash's moves, but she was wrong about Tranquill losing to Unfezant and didn't even think there would be a switch. Plus she said he'd rely on Pikachu in the end.

Who would've thought there'd be two different errors.

Haunter ゴースト

That's not really an error though, it simply showed that Skyla was wrong and couldn't predict Ash's moves, it was just another way of showing Ash doesn't stick to tactics and has his own strategy.

G50

No longer posting
That's not really an error though, it simply showed that Skyla was wrong and couldn't predict Ash's moves, it was just another way of showing Ash doesn't stick to tactics and has his own strategy.

For me personally, it's very weird though to have her lie and claim she's perfect in predictions right in the middle of the battle.... I don't get why the writers did it that way. That was a bit much.

She could have said or thought to herself, "this is odd... and somewhat unexpected..."

I overthink these things I think...

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

It's very weird though to have her lie and claim she's perfect in predictions right in the middle of the battle.... I don't get why the writers did it that way. That was a bit much.

She could have said or thought to herself, "this is odd... and somewhat unexpected..."

Eh maybe to you, i thought it was fine and found no problem.

She was always making out to be the best, know what she's on about, being right all the time etc.. it made sense for her to keep bragging as if she was going to win.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
What a decent gym battle! It's nice to see Tranquil/Unfrezant be one of the main focus for this gym. It's also nice to see how Skyla knows how to work again type advantages. Poor Pikachu.:)

The battle was cool. At least until Tranquill evolved. Unfezant vs Swanna was the worst part of the match. Sure, Unfezant looked impressive but it was still a crappy battle in the end. It looked like it was a pokemon show, and the challenge was "WHO CAN FLY HIGHER UNFEZANT OR SWANNA". That is not how a battle should be...

Pikachu loses against a Water/Flying pokemon. Oh well, at least he got to beat Unfezant. Poor Krokorok.

Also, Unfezant beats Swanna with one Aerial Ace but Stunfisk's electric attacks don't affect him at all? lol Bad writing...

DeLaw

I thought Unfezant was her main Pokemon! How stupid am I! I thought Tranquil would evolve while battling Unefezant because that is its final evolution.