• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I think your confusing Unfezant for Swanna...Pikachu didn't once use the rings to beat Unfezant. He just waited till Aerial Ace got close enough and used Iron Tail then Electro Ball to finish it up

Your right, Apologies.

It didn't matter if he came all that way. He chooses whether or not to participate in at that gym. If he doesn't like the way the Gym Leader handles their business then he can go elsewhere.

An air battle is a battle in Skyla's mind where she relies on the opponents current party to determine who has the advantage in battle. If the trainer has an advantage then she hands the person a badge.

It seems that you misunderstand what air battles are.

It seems we both have a different conceptions of an air battle so there is no point in debating that anymore but can I ask you this. If Skyla's Air battles are still right on a techinically that Ash's Team changed during the battle why would Skyla decide to stop doing air battles from now onwards. We know Skyla's personality has an arrogant flavour so if she still thought that her air battles were still valid because of the technicality, wouldn't skyla continue to use these Air battles to determine whether to award the Jet badge to a trainer or not?

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
It seems we both have a different conceptions of an air battle so there is no point in debating that anymore

Then we agree to disagree. I accept that but I will answer your question.

but can I ask you this. If Skyla's Air battles are still right on a techinically that Ash's Team changed during the battle why would Skyla decide to stop doing air battles from now onwards.

That's simply how the writers wrote it out. There was no way that she wasn't going to change her mind regardless if she won or lost due to how the writers operate and I think that is something we can all agree on. To be fair and give you an kayfabe answer: she had fun with the battle and changed her mind seeing how hard Ash fought.

pokefandt

The whole air battling thing is kinda going against everything a gym leader stands for, is how I feel. They are there to test the skills and bond of the up and coming trainers and their pokemon. Skyla is deciding if they win or lose just by looking at them, and not putting them to the test. Which would not help the trainers at all.

So much hacking going on in this stupid episode.

Krokorok (Ash's most interesting pokemon to date) get's a super effective stone edge deflected by gust, and proceeds to lose in one hit. Swanna (which sounds absolutely retarded) uses Aqua Ring to become immune to 2 electric attacks that are 4x effective vs it.

What is this ****?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Wow that was a bad gym battle. Krokorok should not have gone down in one hit, and Pikachu should've lost a bit more realistically. Bubbles aren't that effective, are they? And in the air battles Skyla didn't even consider Krokorok being part dark type and Swoobat being part psychic. I always get botheredon how small the gym badges are in Unova, even though they look like the biggest badges in the games.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow that was a bad gym battle. Krokorok should not have gone down in one hit, and Pikachu should've lost a bit more realistically. Bubbles aren't that effective, are they? And in the air battles Skyla didn't even consider Krokorok being part dark type and Swoobat being part psychic. I always get botheredon how small the gym badges are in Unova, even though they look like the biggest badges in the games.

Technically it wasn't one hit.

Got hit with a Stone Edge rock, and then a fury of Air Cutters.
Also it was treated as a Dark Type as Ash went directly for Crunch.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Technically it wasn't one hit.

Got hit with a Stone Edge rock, and then a fury of Air Cutters.
Also it was treated as a Dark Type as Ash went directly for Crunch.
I think what they meant was that no one, not even Cilan or Iris, felt Krokorok had any advantage against Swoobat, all because they said he's a Ground type. Not once saying Dark is super effective against Swoobat's secondary typing Pyschic

TheEliteEmpoleon

I think what they meant was that no one, not even Cilan or Iris, felt Krokorok had any advantage against Swoobat, all because they said he's a Ground type. Not once saying Dark is super effective against Swoobat's secondary typing Pyschic

Thanks.
Another thing that bothered me was the way they pronounce Iccirus City. I always say "Ick-er-us" not "Ice-ear-us." I guess it makes sense with the cloud names though, and maybe because the ice gym leader is in that city.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked this episode because of Ash's victory over an annoying gym leader. Also glad Ash got a new pokemon in Unfeazant.

Skyla was just like every other Gym Leader. The people who are attacking her because of the "air battle" thing are just pressed that she was allowed to run the Mistralton City Gym her way (notice that no one from the Pokemon Gym association told her to stop). God forbid should a female character have so much power. :rolleyes:

lisalynn

Commenting as I watch!

- I hate when they draw Ash from that weird directly-up-the-crotch angle. Also: why are Skyla's hands so large?

- I still think the animation for Pikachu's Iron Tail is so cute.

- I'll give it to Swanna because Pikachu didn't manage to get an electric hit. Still bs.

- I love Ash's gym evolutions. But dear god that Unfezant is ugly and creepy! Stop trilling! Cool win though.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Skyla was just like every other Gym Leader. The people who are attacking her because of the "air battle" thing are just pressed that she was allowed to run the Mistralton City Gym her way (notice that no one from the Pokemon Gym association told her to stop). God forbid should a female character have so much power. :rolleyes:

Why do you bring the PIA back? We've basically only seen it twice. Only in Kanto. Who knows if Unova has one.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why do you bring the PIA back? We've basically only seen it twice. Only in Kanto. Who knows if Unova has one.

There has to be someone regulating the Unova Gyms. People only doubt that Unova's Gyms are being monitored because they each have their own set of rules. But be that as it may, there has to be some control over Gyms, otherwise chaos would ensue. And no, I don't think Skyla's tactics qualify as chaos.

Battra

I wish I could muster some sort of energy over this episode, but it's was just so boring and predictable. Of course Ash wins when his Pokemon evoles even though Skyla clearly had the advantage when she could've just used Aqua Ring to heal Swanna and win the battle against Ash's Unfezent, but this is Pokemon and the writers are crap as apparent by the whole "Air Battles" controversy and we need to see Skyla prostrate herself on how wrong she was for having a different way of doing things.

Why does it seem that the pokemon that Ash uses the least evolve first. I mean, Unfezent is Ash's weakest pokemon, yet its now in it's final stage.

So much hacking going on in this stupid episode.

Krokorok (Ash's most interesting pokemon to date) get's a super effective stone edge deflected by gust, and proceeds to lose in one hit. Swanna (which sounds absolutely retarded) uses Aqua Ring to become immune to 2 electric attacks that are 4x effective vs it.

What is this ****?

exactly my thoughts, well the swanna using aqua ring KINDA makes sense since the electricity goes around the rings and doesn't hit swanna but the krokorok getting OHKO'd was stupid, unless of course its heavily untrained

Vipsoccermaster

Hmm, decent battle there. The battle with Swoobat and Krokorok wasn't too pleasing. However, the battles after that were better than the first. Pikachu and Unfezant both did well.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wow that was a bad gym battle. Krokorok should not have gone down in one hit, and Pikachu should've lost a bit more realistically. Bubbles aren't that effective, are they? And in the air battles Skyla didn't even consider Krokorok being part dark type and Swoobat being part psychic. I always get bothered on how small the gym badges are in Unova, even though they look like the biggest badges in the games.

Uhh.. It first got hit by the bubbles, but then immediately hit by Bravebird and Hurricane. I actually thought it was overkill.. I liked this gymbattle sheer for how badly Pikachu got trashed and that Tranquill got a win in both stages.

I also hated the fact that Unfeazants 'new move' was Ariel Ace.. I mean goddamn can the writers be any more boring and predictable? I was getting so excited I was like 'oh sh*t oh sh*t SKY ATTACK GO!!!'.. But now, it was goddamn Ariel Ace, a move that's been in the pool since Generation 3 (I think).

Krokorok has HUGE potential, its just a shame that the writers may never give it a proper a story. Look what they did to Gible back in D/P.. Terrible terrible writing.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Wow. This was one of the best gym battles. Why people are complaining, I will never know. However, I think that from now on, there will be an evolution until most of all Ash's Pokemon will evolve. I don't care unless the battle isn't crappy. And this battle wasn't.