• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

RVD_fan

These two episodes were two of my favourite in the original and I liked them just as much in the dub. They managed to take kind of a nothing Gym Leader and turn it into a high stakes battle. My favourite gym arc in a long time.

pokefandt

Its mostly KIRA and a few other complaining that Cilan having problems with how Skyla determines battles is some form of sexism.

dman_dustin

All I could do when Ash said "let's try that new move" was laugh XD What, he's seen Aerial Ace how many times now...100 at least?

I wish Gamefreak would create a better move than aerial ace, and not let anyone else (except non fliers) get aerial ace. I'm so sick of that move. It was very annoying seeing that Unfezant got aerial ace. Primarily because they choose NOW to give it to her. As if aerial ace is the coolest move ever. Sorry but I expected Sky attack, seeing as how someone else had a sky attack Tranquill. They choose to give a fully evolved Pokemon a weaker move? That's like giving a fully evolved fire Pokemon ember when it already had flamethrower.

My point is, Tranquill shouldn't have fully evolved to learn aerial ace, it should've already had it and learned Sky Attack instead.

I also hated the fact that Unfeazants 'new move' was Ariel Ace.. I mean goddamn can the writers be any more boring and predictable? I was getting so excited I was like 'oh sh*t oh sh*t SKY ATTACK GO!!!'.. But now, it was goddamn Ariel Ace, a move that's been in the pool since Generation 3 (I think).

Krokorok has HUGE potential, its just a shame that the writers may never give it a proper a story. Look what they did to Gible back in D/P.. Terrible terrible writing.

I agree with both, at least brave bird wouldve been cool, i was getting very hyped but then boom, it was arial ace, and i was like seriously?

The gible thing too, i thought ash would continue keeping it through unova, like with aipom, then have a garchomp to replace charizard as hi really strong pokemon but nooo

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I agree with both, at least brave bird wouldve been cool, i was getting very hyped but then boom, it was arial ace, and i was like seriously?

The gible thing too, i thought ash would continue keeping it through unova, like with aipom, then have a garchomp to replace charizard as hi really strong pokemon but nooo
Unfezant can't learn Brave Bird by any means...if you said Sky Attack though

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't get why they pulled out the Aqua Ring trash.

First it heals a burn and basically looks like a Recover. Then it conveniently stops electric moves but in the air battles, Skyla had no problem admitting that Swanna would have lost to a Zebstrika.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

First it heals a burn and basically looks like a Recover. Then it conveniently stops electric moves but in the air battles, Skyla had no problem admitting that Swanna would have lost to a Zebstrika.
Pikachu needed to conveniently lose so Tranquil could come in, dish a hit and take much more, then evolve out of no where and win. Simple as that :)

Unfezant can't learn Brave Bird by any means...if you said Sky Attack though

im pretty sure he got hold of a gameshark sometime, but yeah, sky attack is better; i think she'll learn it in another battle or ash will teach her, if ash knows what a sky attack is

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
im pretty sure he got hold of a gameshark sometime, but yeah, sky attack is better; i think she'll learn it in another battle or ash will teach her, if ash knows what a sky attack is

His Noctowl has it and Paul's Honchkrow spammed it like crazy.

dman_dustin

First it heals a burn and basically looks like a Recover. Then it conveniently stops electric moves

Ignoring how it was used in the battle against Cilan, I can see why it would be able to deflect electricity.

If we take the base idea that water conducts electricity, then it would make a lot of sense that in the Pokemon world using aqua ring would redirect electric attacks away from the Pokemon while it "loops" through the aqua ring preventing it from hitting the user.

but in the air battles, Skyla had no problem admitting that Swanna would have lost to a Zebstrika.

Zebstrika is stronger than Pikachu. In game Zebstrika is 197 base stat points higher. If that's not enough Zebstrika is also about 5x bigger than Pikachu.

Zebstrika should be a lot harder to take down than Pikachu.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Having A Swanna Beat Pikachu and Deflect Thunderbolt!? Not the best advertisment for a Water/Flying type. Especially since Aqua Ring only restores HP.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
did the dubbers actually fix the wing attack issue? Cause i didn't hear Ash call for it in the dub.

amazing when the dub does things correctly

did the dubbers actually fix the wing attack issue? Cause i didn't hear Ash call for it in the dub.

amazing when the dub does things correctly

What if Unfezant uses Wing Attack again.

Ash will have to keep yelling "Attack now!!" (what he yelled in this battle) Then the people watching the dub will think Ash keeps cheating.

I think it would have been better for them to leave it alone.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm glad Ash took that annoying Skyla down a peg or two and got her to back to battling. Man, she was annoying. >:| I'm also glad they had Tranquil evolve in something besides a competition like they did with Swellow and Staraptor with those Pokeringer games. It would have been neater if Krokorok could have done some damage with his bite attack against swoobat, since it would be super-effective against a part-psychic type.

4/10

Canada

Banned
Same old gym battle evolutions. I don't see why Unfezant couldn't have evolved somewhere else. At least the battle was good...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad Ash beat Skyla. It was a great opportunity for Tranquil to evolve. I was wondering why Ash scanned Unfezant again when he did that last episode but at least it said information about the female Unfezant.