• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Amazing Aerial Battle! (729)

phanpycross

God-king
This episode is the reason why I still love BW as a series, I really love how Ash just showcased which pokemon he was gonna use before the battle, just because he's that confident in his pokemon. Skyla was also just perfectly douchy, but not unlikable IMO.

As for the battle itself, I really dug that too, flying gyms are prolly my favorite gyms outisde maybe Ice, and the battles were nice and fast. the evolution was convienient, but given the anime usually show evolutions as being triggered by bursts of emotion, I kiinda buy it.

10/10.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In this episode, I found Skyla to be overconfident and it cost her the win. Ash's Tranquill was amazing and the evolution was amazing and even beating Swanna was amazing, too. Even though disappointed that Pikachu lost to Swanna despite having an obvious type advantage.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked the gym's layout especially the hoops and especially how Tranquill evolved and paved the way for Ash winning the Jet badge. Skyla was such a cool gym leader as well and I just wish Krokorok had done more.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So now we got the highly anticipated Satoshi and Fuuro Gym match. I thought that Fuuro's ego deserved to get squashed a bit, so I was rooting hard for Satoshi. I'll be honest and say that Waruvile losing to Kokoromori in five seconds flat felt like a bad omen, but Satoshi's Kenhallow made up for it.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The battle was okay. At least until Tranquill evolved. Unfezant vs. Swanna was the worst part of the match. Sure, Unfezant looked impressive but it was still a sucky battle in the end...

Alloutℯ

Banned
Aerial battles in the anime can really be a visual treat. Flying-types have so much more space to maneuver than non-fliers so the possibilities of the strategies used are far greater. I would've loved to see Swanna just try to use Aqua Ring as a shield against a fricking Volt Tackle.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Frankly, as exciting as Satoshi versus Fuuro turned out, I wish that we could've seen Satoshi sweep. Since he had Pikachu, you'd think that he would've won with no losses, yet Pikachu faltered against Swanna of all things.
Wouldn’t being swept by an Electric-type have only reinforced Skyla’s confidence in her “Air Battles?”

Leonhart

Imagineer
FlygontheRavager said:
Wouldn’t being swept by an Electric-type have only reinforced Skyla’s confidence in her “Air Battles?”

I guess it would've seemed hypocritical, but I just wanted to see her face humiliation for the way she ravaged Dent's Pokemon in the previous episode.

Scorbunnie

Skyla was such a cool gym leader and Ash did well in this gym. I was worried because I expected him to pull a Nimbasa gym move again by making an embarrassing mistake but he won fair and square with no bs moves.

Meh gym battle. Ranks at number 4 for me for now.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
One of my favorite Gym battle. First of all they made Skyla more interesting than the games. Having "air battles" to save time and instead spend time what she actually loves doing is interesting. It adds even more stakes since she believes she's right and that Ash's point is moot. The lasting battle proves that they can give good half battles and I think choreography plays a huge role because the last scene of Swanna and Unfezant chasing each other with Brave Bird and Ariel Ace was pretty great especially with an instrumental of "Rival Destines" playing in the background