• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Angry Combeenation! (500)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I didn't know that you were God.
You need to get out more then.

Now seriously, good and bad are the most subjetive concepts of all (as stated by philosophy and ethics).
Don't give me that rubbish. This may shcok and amaze you, but it's hardly a 'subjective concept' when the artwork is almost always off-model and the animation is horrendously choppy and stiff. Perhaps if Kinoshita was up to Iwane quality, there'd be room for opinions, but as it stands, he isn't. Maybe that kind of thing can be considered good in your happy world (the wonderous place that apparantly can't be debated against, ever!), but in the real world, that is bad.

Again the same thing, just because you think Kinoshita makes bad animation the whole world does not have to think like you.
I don't think he's bad. I know he's bad. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

No, I was specting separate Mitsuhoney or a formation of separate Mitsuhoney, not those strange groups that look anticlimatic because the Mitsuhoney inside the group can't fly and they are still in the air without falling.
Uh, I thought you said your major complaint were the expressions? Now you're going on about them being seperate and in different formations? Make up your mind.
Also
a.) We saw several 'seperate' Combee throughout the episode
b.) Last time I checked, the process of all the Combee joining together like that could be called a ....(dare I say it)....formation! :O

That's why I don't like when they use it, and they don't have the need to do so. The animation was good with traditionally animated characters and attacks.
Agreed. But once again, that doesn't mean the rest of the episode was bad, which is what you seem to be insinuating.

I'm not talking about the movement
Animation is movement. The backgrounds don't dance around and fire Hyper Beams.

I'm talking about how unreal and gleamy it looks. I loved those forest scenes of the early days, so well drawn and natural even if they didn't have the resources they have nowadays.
For someone who liked the Kanto season so much, you certainly don't have any idea of how awful the background art was. I mean, just look at this for example: The trees are essentially just a bunch of round blobs, the mountains look flatter than a pancake under a steamroller and there really isn't any real detail there at all. It's not different from the city scenery. Or the interiors of the buildings (hey look! It's those brightly colored tiles you love so much!). Or the amazingly realistic looking rocks(!).

Then you look at this; The trees actually look like they have leaves. The different types of trees have various color palletes. The rock formations actually have some level of detail.
FYI, those shots from older cartoons are taken from two of my most favourite episodes, both script and animation-wise. So before you go and say the bgs from the old days were superior, I suggest you take off those rose-tinted glasses and take a second look. Because they're nowhere near as good as you make them out to be.

But in any case; Is it really necessary to bring up your qualms with them in every single one of these threads? I doubt anyone out there is dying to hear you bring up how much you dislike the backgrounds every 7 days.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Having seen the pics, what I have to say is...
-Need. Vespiquen. Now. Curse the dark lords that made Combee predominantly male!
-Why did Cheryl need to go through all that trouble just to get some honey? Doesn't the Pokemon World have grocery stores?
-Croagunk dislikes honey. That fits, really.
-Hive-mind Pokemon always make for...different...experiences. See:Unown.
-*insert futile argument against MK here*

Also you can hardly judge the animation by STILL PICTURES. I've learnt that to fully judge animation you have to watch the episode.

So go watch before you completely judge it and after watching one of the Konshitia or whatever episodes (the fossil one) I can say honestly, he's crap, not saying that I can do any better BUT the way Rorak and Rampardos (forgot english name already D:!) was drawn was terrible.

So go watch, then come back, then complain.

Though honestly, Combee looks good drawn like that and I'm an avid Combee fan sooooo

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gravy, there's no point arguing with him, just forget it. I know it may bother you more than other people because of your artistic skill, but we know he says the same thing every week about every single episode so there's no point.

You're talking to deaf ears, don't bother with him.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Off topic: Well, I'm glad I don't need to explain more than Gravy did, MK. You whine about every single new episode of this series! You'd stop coming here to say the same thing every week and disagree with everyone. I mean, what's your point? Gee, I wonder if you need to catch everyone's attention to yourself. You should get help, I guess you must have some serious issues...

[Oh, sorry if I hurt your feelings. I just can't stand you anymore, and, from now on, banned or not, I'll never read what you post anymore. LITTLE F*G =D]

On topic: I don't know how in hell people still think this was episode 500. Next week's will be, and there will be a new 'capture'.
Maybe it's Serebii's fault, huh? Very, very mean guy this Serebii... :/
Well, but I gotta agree with him when he says this fanbase is made of donkeyness (yeah! =D) [what's weird when you remind yourself that he's working for all those jerks], because if THIS much of people can't understand most of an episode's purpose/meaning/happenings, then I must say YES, they're indeed azzholes. =D

Now, for the last friggin' time:

1) Those Combee didn't use Psybeam! It was Vespiquen's Attack Order! ¬¬

2) How in Mr. Peter Parker's house Vespiquen did nothing? She even used Power Gem, which was awesome! Plus, all her scenes with Cheryl were simply amazing. My, I swear, there's something more about this pokémon. :p

3) Oh noez, I can get banned 'cause I enraged lord Serebii n' I was gross... D:
Too bad for me, huh? :) [Like I really care]

Bye :)

- Nozomi

-Starly-

Brain Damage
I have come to a conclusion that MK is like the Zubats you encounter in every game.

Anyways, I really liked this episode, even though it was Cheryl's last episode and the Wormadams and Chansey did ABSOLUTELY nothing yet again. Vespiquen did more than the ignorant people say. She used Power Gem, Attack Order, and Defend Order(when the Combees made a wall). No doubt that Croagunk wouldn't like the Sweet Honey, probably since it's a Poison type. I also loved the end, where Cheryl ditched the gang to chase a Beedrill. Kinda funny how Brock was easily rejected.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Let it be then, KK. =P
A character will be getting a new pokémon, and... NOZOMI WILL BE THERE *_* <3

But, hey, by japanese numbered, episode 500 is next week's according to my sources. I just know serebii's wrong. :)

EDIT:

I have come to a conclusion that MK is like the Zubats you encounter in every game.

LAWL! XD

Maestro Kinético

You need to get out more then.

Please don't be rude. I'm not being rude to you.

Don't give me that rubbish. This may shcok and amaze you, but it's hardly a 'subjective concept' when the artwork is almost always off-model and the animation is horrendously choppy and stiff. Perhaps if Kinoshita was up to Iwane quality, there'd be room for opinions, but as it stands, he isn't. Maybe that kind of thing can be considered good in your happy world (the wonderous place that apparantly can't be debated against, ever!), but in the real world, that is bad.

Again, you are the one who says what's the real world, what's good and what's bad. Pretty dictatorial stuff which impresses me but I will continue having an opinion, thank you.

I don't think he's bad. I know he's bad. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

And who are you to say that? Calling people that don't think like you blind is unfair. And of course I'll continue thinking the same.

Uh, I thought you said your major complaint were the expressions? Now you're going on about them being seperate and in different formations? Make up your mind.

No, I complain because instead of making those impossible groups they should have drawn them separately to avoid the expressions thing, which would have looked more natural.

Also
a.) We saw several 'seperate' Combee throughout the episode

I didn't say that there weren't separate Mitsuhoney, I was talking about that scene.

b.) Last time I checked, the process of all the Combee joining together like that could be called a ....(dare I say it)....formation! :O

So? Did you read my post? I wanted separate formations, they would have looked more natural IMO.

Agreed. But once again, that doesn't mean the rest of the episode was bad, which is what you seem to be insinuating.

I think this episode was bad because nothing really happened, the plot was weak and predictable.

Animation is movement. The backgrounds don't dance around and fire Hyper Beams.

No, but they also move (battle backgrounds, which have gotten very strange with CG)

For someone who liked the Kanto season so much, you certainly don't have any idea of how awful the background art was. I mean, just look at this for example: The trees are essentially just a bunch of round blobs, the mountains look flatter than a pancake under a steamroller and there really isn't any real detail there at all. It's not different from the city scenery. Or the interiors of the buildings (hey look! It's those brightly colored tiles you love so much!). Or the amazingly realistic looking rocks(!).

A very good strategy, posting bad quality images with smart blur in them to show me that the animation didn't have details. And those rocks do look real IMO.

Then you look at this; The trees actually look like they have leaves. The different types of trees have various color palletes. The rock formations actually have some level of detail.
FYI, those shots from older cartoons are taken from two of my most favourite episodes, both script and animation-wise. So before you go and say the bgs from the old days were superior, I suggest you take off those rose-tinted glasses and take a second look. Because they're nowhere near as good as you make them out to be.

They are much better in my opinion, why don't you let me have an opinion?

You telling me THIS is good animation?

You got confused, I did not say that Kinoshita makes good animation. Just because I said that I liked the animation of an epp Kinoshita drew (and I don't even remember what episode it was) Gravy uses that as an argument to tell me that I'm blind.

Now you're grabbing at straws. How does a wall of Combee look "anticlimatic" because of a simple flaw in physics? Besides, I'm sure the Combee are made to be strong enough to carry others of the same species, so it isn't that unrealistic, anyways.

In my opinion they look anticlimatic, if they were small groups I wouldn't have problems, but there are too many Mitsuhoneys that are not flying.

You whine about the color of the mountains and the bright colors all the time, and in an episode where they mix it up and give us some comparatively "dark" scenes you still whine.

Did you read my post? And you are right, they have showed us different places in this epp. But the animation was still bad for me (in the backgrounds and the Mitsuhoney), so I can complain.

So go watch before you completely judge it and after watching one of the Konshitia or whatever episodes (the fossil one) I can say honestly, he's crap, not saying that I can do any better BUT the way Rorak and Rampardos (forgot english name already D:!) was drawn was terrible.

I hated the animation in that episode and I posted it, I don't think Kinoshita is a good animator. But there was an episode of him that i liked. That's all.

I'm glad I don't need to explain more than Gravy did, MK. You whine about every single new episode of this series! You'd stop coming here to say the same thing every week and disagree with everyone. I mean, what's your point? Gee, I wonder if you need to catch everyone's attention to yourself. You should get help, I guess you must have some serious issues...

I have serious issues because I think different things? I thought that the time when people were considered sick because of their way of thinking had passed. I don't complain about every episode, I complain about what I don't like and I have the right to do it. There was only one episode of this season that I liked and I said it too, I don't have a problem with saying possitive things. I'll post my opinions about future episodes wether they are good or bad.

[Oh, sorry if I hurt your feelings. I just can't stand you anymore, and, from now on, banned or not, I'll never read what you post anymore. LITTLE F*G =D]

I have not been disrespectful to you so I don't know why you said that. I'm verry offended. Report.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
On topic: I don't know how in hell people still think this was episode 500. Next week's will be, and there will be a new 'capture'.
Maybe it's Serebii's fault, huh? Very, very mean guy this Serebii... :/
But if you're using the correct numbering system, it's actually DP032.
1) Those Combee didn't use Psybeam! It was Vespiquen's Attack Order! ¬¬
I feel dumb - What the heck is Attack Order? Seriously, I've never heard of it before this thread.
Anyways, I really liked this episode, even though it was Cheryl's last episode and the Wormadams and Chansey did ABSOLUTELY nothing yet again.
Wormadam seriously needs its own episode in the future in order to redeem itself. It's 2-second appearance in DP030 hardly even qualified as a debut.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Again, you are the one who says what's the real world, what's good and what's bad. Pretty dictatorial stuff which impresses me but I will continue having an opinion, thank you

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

You're the one who went on an on about how sucky the new DP Pokemon were, and how they were Digimon, and how they were bad, and how Spiritomb wasn't a Pokemon and all that crap, and now you're lecturing people on subjectiveness of art?

Maestro....people are dying in Guantamo Bay...and Kinoshita sucks. I have the right to complain about it. :x

Weav-vile

Totally!
But if you're using the correct numbering system, it's actually DP032.

Man, I swear my sources don't agree with you. =P

I feel dumb - What the heck is Attack Order? Seriously, I've never heard of it before this thread.

See, this fanbase is contagious. =)
Attack Order is a move Vespiquen learn. Her pokédex entry also refers to this move, saying that when Vespiquen must attack, she send her EMPLOYEES to do all the job, standing where she is. That's all she did in DP 32 ^^'
Also, thanks to Starly I remembered she also used Deffense Order! =D

S.Suikun

See, this fanbase is contagious. =)
Yeah, it's an unhealthy crowd to hang around.
Attack Order is a move Vespiquen learn. Her pokédex entry also refers to this move, saying that when Vespiquen must attack, she send her EMPLOYEES to do all the job, standing where she is. That's all she did in DP 32 ^^'
So I see. Vespiquen = Bill Lumbergh. Combee = Everyone else. Are the Combee part of a union, by any chance?

Weav-vile

Totally!
Yeah, it's an unhealthy crowd to hang around.

lawl >D

So I see. Vespiquen = Bill Lumbergh. Combee = Everyone else. Are the Combee part of a union, by any chance?

Maybe the creators of Vespiquen inspired her by the character... They must really like "Office Space"! Too bad Combee's design is not based on Peter Gibbons' face. :(

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Wait- NEXT week's episode is ep. 500? Well, that would explain any lack of evolutions or captures. And it's pretty much confirmed that Brock gets his Happiny egg next week... Personally I had hoped that the 500th episode capture would go to Jessie, as her team's been the same since Cascoon evolved.

And honestly- most, if not ALL of the posts I've seen in this thread have been fighting posts. About something as stupid as the animation. Some people have different standards about what they consider good or bad, and those who don't agree, deal with it! But that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

S.Suikun

Wait- NEXT week's episode is ep. 500? Well, that would explain any lack of evolutions or captures. And it's pretty much confirmed that Brock gets his Happiny egg next week... Personally I had hoped that the 500th episode capture would go to Jessie, as her team's been the same since Cascoon evolved.
For the last freraking time, there is NO pattern that exists with every 100 episodes! The 100th episode was "A Way Off Day Off", for crying out loud, the fillerest of all fillers! And episodes 200, 300, and 400 were mere coincidence, and that's only if you go by Serebii's screwy numbering system! (Which includes such trivial things as the clip show.) The REAL numbering system that the show producers go by reset at AG, and reset again at DP.

uber gon

Accept Change
Did Vespiques ever use Power Gem? I saw a pic of her gathering energy, so I'm just guessing.

Nice, now the anime's halfway to 1,000 episodes :D
I loved the way the castle looked. it's soo awesome. I also liked Vesipquen. she looks scarier than in the D/P art.