• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Apology, And Some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipKnoT

Hi, it's been about 4 years since I logged into SPPF. I joined the site back in 2006, and remained active until mid-late 2011. In that time, while I made some great friends and had a good time, I fell into a trap. I was foolishly trying to be one of the cool kids. Unfortunately, those I perceived as 'cool' didn't get their prestige by being kind, helpful, or generous, but by being trolls. Picking on those they thought nothing off, those that didn't fit into their mold.

I was a miserable user. If any of the people I messed with are reading this now, I'm truly, sincerely sorry. I failed. And in doing so, in not treating a community and it's members with the appropriate respect, I only did harm. None of the temporary joy or laughter was worth it.

So, some advice from someone who spent a lot of time on this site; treat each other well. The people you see out in the real world, at school or work, they're the people you see on these sites. While it may seem like a simple Pokemon forum, not worthy of the same seriousness, it's a massive gathering of like-minded people with (hopefully) good intentions. Everyone here has something in common. Everyone here matters just as much as everyone out there. It doesn't matter if you don't know someone's real name, or what they look like, everyone matters.

If somebody doesn't know how to navigate the site, understand any written/un-written rules, or practice proper grammar and spelling, try helping them out. Even if they don't seem to get it, it's always better to react with kindness than scorn.

Treating others the way you'd like to be treated is a wonderful rule, one that shouldn't go out the window just because you're online. If someone falls, try to pick them back up. You'll both feel better for it.

P.S. I don't know if this belongs here, or anywhere really, but it's something I had to get off my chest. Feel free to do with it what you will.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I'm sure the people affected appreciate your apology and your advice is solid but there really isn't a place for topics like these :(

Status
Not open for further replies.