1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY' started by Serebii, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Chespin VS Delphox! A Weight Loss Battle!?

While resting on their journey, Clemont's Chespin gorges itself on all the treats that Serena has made, and it starts to show as Chespin gets fatter. Clemont is intent to help Chespin get back into shape, but when it loses in two battles that were intended as exercise, Clemont decides to create a machine to help Chespin get into shape. However, once it's complete, Chespin is nowhere to be found. Will Clemont find Chespin and be able to help it get back into shape?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  2. playerking

playerking Not in the mood.

The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking during a sunset and Serena suddenly stops and sounds surprised by something Ash says.

They then stop to have some good and all of the Pokemon are with them.

Chespin is now sitting behind a rock, stuffing his face with Macaron's. Clemont notices and tries to stop Chespin from eating so much, because Chespin now has a big belly.

They then decided to have a battle, to burn off the extra weight.

Ash battles Clemont's Chespin with his Froakie.

Chespin then battles Bonnie and Dedenne and Chespin goes to use a move, but he trips over and the Dedenne zaps Chespin, making Bonnie the winner.

Bonnie is in her sleeping bag, acting like she's in a cocoon and Serena thinks that is cute, so she does it as well.

Clemont is outside with a resting Chespin. Clemont reveals another invention of his, in order for Chespin to lose his extra weight.

The others come out of their tents and Bonnie is in her Tyrantrum pajama's.

The group notices that Chespin has run off and they try to find him.

It is now morning and the group are still looking.

Chespin is now laying on the steps of a nearby cottage, as a woman inside cooks something.

The woman walks outside, notices Chespin and brings him in.

Ash and co. are still looking for Chespin and then Ash and Pikachu run off somewhere.

Chespin is now resting on the woman's couch, with a blanket over himself.

Clemont comes to the hut and looks at the old woman and Chespin on the front porch and sees how happy Chespin is.

The old lady has cooked some Macaron's for Chespin.

Clemont walks back.

Dare Da? Delphox.

An old man that is probably the old lady's husband comes to the house.

He brings out his Delphox, to help Chespin lose weight as well (I think).

Delphox uses Will-O-Wisp I think.

Ash and co. come to the house and then Ash uses his Pokedex on Delphox.

Delphox uses Flamethrower on Chespin, but Clemont blocks it with one of his inventions as he stands in front of Chespin.

Clemont battles the man's Delphox with his Chepsin.

During the battle, Chespin looks tired and then activates Overgrow, powering up his grass type moves.

Soon after, Delphox's owner forfeits after falling over backwards.

Ash and co. are then brought into their house for food.

Afterwards, Ash and co. say their goodbye's to the old couple.

As Ash and co. walk off during the sunset and a Weedle passes bye, the episode ends, with Serena turing around and smiling at the others.

To be continued.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  3. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

does the title card show clemont's?

4. The Sea Cucumber

The Sea Cucumber ...or am I?

Does Chespin also lose to Froakie?

5. SerenaForTheWin

delphox lose due to forfeiting the match, at least its better than losing big time.

6. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

Yes, even to Dedenne.

Serena and Bonnie playing games in the tent was cute. And the fact that Serena learned to love camping, if I get the context of Serena's actions at the end, was kinda charming. Also, Delphox looks good in anything other than the game.

7. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara PoKé TrEk

Is Serena gonna catch that Weedle?!

8. SerenaForTheWin

i don't think she is going to catch that since the weedle was said to be passing by after ash & co left.

9. CMDShift4

CMDShift4 Anonymous

[img139]http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18977/189773786f6023dac557d354e6b89805533dc5dd.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18977/18977376c24adc5b34ac5c4a4464f769e148810b.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18977/189773754d6885e001d483d1d470cd2b59b38d26.jpg[/img139]

10. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

Adding to the fact that the episode is already over.

11. SerenaForTheWin

that last pic seems to be a good one , do i think serena will play a role fore the next episode since the pic was showing to be continued with her as the last.

hurry also for this episode, no team rocket

12. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

No, that scene was just part of the episode subplot where Serena learned to enjoy camping outdoors. It's not setting up anything.

13. NPT

NPT Just a member

So Delphdox lost due to the old man forfetting? Well, I think this is a better outcome of the Chespin vs Delphdox battle. Also, It's different from the usual "pre-evolved Pokémon defeating a fully-evolved Pokémon" plot.

Is it me or Serena is breaking the fourth wall?

Edit:
    That's the meaning behind the scene? Wow, it seems like Serena got some character development in this episode.

14. PortugueseLynx

PortugueseLynx Well-Known Member

Compared with the many pitiful propagandas of the anime hating over fully evolved mons, that's an acceptable defeat. Otherwise it would roast chespin. Just too bad Delphox had such an old owner, preventing it to use it full potential. Reminds me Courage the Cowardly Dog for some reason, young dog stuck with old people.

15. CMDShift4

CMDShift4 Anonymous

It just caught my attention since it's been a while that she acted like that. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. The last time she did something similar was at the end of XY008 where she said something like "It's nice to have something you're engrossed in" then gets enthusiastic in the end. Thanks for confirming it!

16. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

So I'm guessing that before the battle with Delphox, Clemont was going to let Chespin stay at the cottage with the old lady because he felt that Chespin was happier there, right?

17. Royal_Qeca

Royal_Qeca Pokémon Blue

She is talking to the cast not to "us".

18. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I'm dissapointed chespin didn' t get a real win here after being humiliated by denden and froakie, but at least he got off on a technicality towards the end I guess. Still any episode with chespin is automatically better than any without.

19. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Did you really think chespin could beat a veteran Delphox?

20. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris What a pain to relax...

That's the way I saw it considering the old man's back suddenly acted up.

Eh, this episode was a little below decent in the second half, but the first half was at least cute and funny. Except...wow. Clemont used his machinery to block that Flamethrower.