• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I was expecting to enjoy this episode and when I finally got to watch it, it was far better then I thought it would be. This episode was pure win for Platinum fan. I loved the bond between Clemont and Chespin. It's not very common that male sidekicks get to have onscreen strong bonds with their Pokemon. Maybe Cilan did, I wouldn't know. But Clemont and Chespin were truly great in this episode and I look forward to seeing the two of them kick butt in future episodes.

Bonnie and Dedenne got their first win in the most legendary Pokemon battle of all time! Bonnie schooled her brother in one simple electric attack. Clearly Bonnie will be the future Lumiose City Gym Leader. And what's this? Serena using her Pokedex to learn about Delphox? I guess she heard my jabs at her about the Pokedex and decided to shut me up. Mission successful, Serena. You have shut Platinum fan up. Serena was used pretty well in this episode. Her and Bonnie playing 'Who's that Pokemon' in their sleeping tent made the cuteness factor machine overflow. Plus their PJ's are so cute. Keep using her in stuff like this, and Serena can take all the time she wants with her goal. At least she'll entertain for episodes like this. Good job Bonnie and Serena.

And finally the old couple. These two were pretty humorous. I did not expect them to battle like they did. It was good. Delphox looked good animated and I loved how it pulled out it's twig wand from it's fur. Nice touch. I even enjoyed Ash here. I tend to actually like Ash when he's not the main focus of a episode. How strange. So no complaints. It was a good episode, one of my faves so far. Nice job writers. You made this morning for me.

Sephora

yes I'm back
This episode was very entertaining.
- Looks like Clemont is the one who can cook (HA! See? Baking and cooking is different so Serena isn't the "cook" of the group)
- Awww I loved it when Serena and Bonnie were playing in the tent and mimicking other pokemon.
- Chespin is so slow; it was funny how he lost against Dedenne LOL
- Haha when Chespin wandered off due to the smell
- I still can't get over Bonnie's pajamas XD
- The old woman's design is creepy and reminds me of the Hansel and Gretel story (she fattened Chespin up even more).
- Delphox's design looks so much better in the anime than in the games
- I liked the part when Clemont protects Chespin from the Flamethrower
- Thank god Chespin didn't make Delphox faint. I would have cried foul.
- Ugliest design for an old couple that I have ever seen in the anime
- Serena doesn't mind camping outside anymore yay

Supersonicbro

MAN I LOVED THIS EPISODE!

1. Clemont: Man he just had lots of focus this episode and it was the right kind. It was nothing out of character for him. Every single thing he did was something his character would do. Like making training gear not just for chespin but for himself, because he even knows that he's out of shape too. And my favorite part was him blocking the flamethrower, he's really gaining courage like he said he wanted to. And idk if this was on purpose but when he was telling chespin to get up, his voice cracked a bit, it added a lot to the fact he still doesn't have all the confidence he needs.

2. Serena: She came in second place with the whole focus of the episode and I'm actually surprised. The writers made sure to bring back up her fear of camping. And even resolved it in this episode causing some growth for her. I like that just because it was a clemont episode, they made sure to give serena focus where it would make more sense instead of giving her a random episode where she gets lost on her own. This seemed more natural. Serena is developing, she's just developing slowly...like a normal person. So don't worry, I'm sure serena will be fine.

3. Bonnie/Ash: Bonnie had a bit of focus for her first battle but she kinda didn't do anything and I'm fine with that, it wasn't a real battle but I'm glad she still has that want to battle. And ash actually took the back seat on this episode and I'm glad. He only talked when it was necessary for him to, and like i said before, interactions like that make this gang seem a lot more natural.

diakyu

Did I just see Clemont just BLOCK a fire attack with his aipom arm? Why is he so cool?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Looked like a good episode (Why is Clemont getting all the good ones?). Looks like the Stick idea did somewhat come into effect, couldn't really tell though cause I've only gotten to look at the pictures.

Just a side note, why did it take this long to reveal Froakie knew Pound?

Hikatoshi26

Looked like a good episode (Why is Clemont getting all the good ones?). Looks like the Stick idea did somewhat come into effect, couldn't really tell though cause I've only gotten to look at the pictures.

Just a side note, why did it take this long to reveal Froakie knew Pound?

i think he learned it off screen. because he always only used Bubble and Water Pulse.

Wow, this episode was actually good and unlike over 75% of episodes this saga so far that I feel have sucked badly, I feel this one actually deserves praise. Clemont was good in this one, Delphox was well animated, Bonnie and Serena had a nice sisterly bond thing going for them rather than Serena being inactive background fodder that crushes on Ash or Bonnie being cute for the sake of being an obvious marketing tool with no depth (something I fear is going to be a huge part of XY016 based on the preview)...I liked this one!

Really, the only problem I had was how shafted Ash was this episode: he didn't do much of anything, but in this case, the good outweighed the bad.

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
This episode surprised me! Very good. Clemont got so much screentime with his Chespin and Ash didn't take over. I wish I could understand what Serena was saying. How would you describe her reaction to Delphox? I wasn't expecting the anime to bring back the topic of her fear for camping. I'm surprised the group didn't have to camp yet until this point. How did they do that?

It was so cute watching Bonnie get excited for her little battle. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Chespin move around in the entire episode. His belly was so prominent. It reminded me of the episode where we first met Chespin when he took the macarons. Did Chespin's eating problem ever get resolved in the end? I hope Clemont's Super Trainer machine shows up again int he future (maybe with new improvements).

Scrimbird

Ace Trainer
If you look at Chespin evo, he's fat. Nous wonder why he eats like that. Forwaed to his évolution :)

Sprinter1988

Wow! Chespin lost weight fast! I bet there are some people out there who envy him that!

Nice to see Froakie using a new move with Pound, but its a shame Fennekin didn't get to battle as well!

nuzamaki90

I like the little touches of detail that have been added in this saga. Wheedle just straggling around and Grandpa's a Tournament Trophy were nice to see.

My bro Chespin got smacked around this episode but so far he's the only starter on the cast as of yet to actually garner a win, so I'm fine with that. Clemont was also awesome and it looked like we got a little bit of everything from his character, from his poor athleticism, showing off his great cooking skills, being sad about Chespin which showed off his low confidence that he said a while back he had, and his tough battling spirit because of his Gym Leader prowess.

Great episode, 8/10

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Never mind. If nearly everyone here seems to like the episode, I take what I said back.

Clemont is starting to shape into the Ensemble Darkhorse of Kalos. This better not mean his character will suffer greatly just like Cilan did in the second half.

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
I'm a little disappointed Chespin didn't get a real win, this episode felt like a character development for Chespin but actually Chespin didn't get character development I thought Chespin was gonna lose against Delphox after having a diet due to Delphox having a type advantage I liked Delphox being well animated, Serena's reaction to Delphox didn't bother me even though I don't understand what she has said in her reaction she never thought her Fennikin's final evolution would look like that, I hope Clemont's inventions will stop exploding more often because I was amazed Clemont invented a Pokemon Translating Machine I was hoping it doesn't give inaccurate translation it would be cool to see Clemont rebuilding Pokemon Translating Machine again to have accurate translation, It seems like has been a first time in a while since an elder Pokemon Trainer appeared in the anime also this was a okay episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was honestly more interested in Serena's little camping subplot than I was in Chespin's struggles to be honest. Seeing Bonnie and Serena interact in the tent was cute, especially Bonnie in her sleeping bag; she looked like a caterpillar lol. But back to the main plot, I was disappointed that Clemont's training invention was practically useless and the fact that the old man had to forfeit the match irks me; it's like the writers did that to stop Chespin from losing because even with the Overgrow power up, I doubt he could've beaten Delphox. Well whatever. This episode is pretty average for the most part.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Was that Mystical Firs Delphox was charging up before the old man threw his back? If it was Chespin would have been super screwed.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Delphox looked really good during the episode. I'm glad Froakie revealed to know Pound, at last! So Clemont seems to be the cook of the group, eh ? And Serena is more of a baker. Nice to see two of them cooking for once. :)