• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Haunter ゴースト

Nice episode, i wasn't too interested but it was good.

Crazy how we're getting fillers yet they're actually entertaining and feel worthwhile. I'm surprised they pulled the "oh no my pokemon doesn't like me anymore" card. I think had they gave the saga more time it could have been much more emotional.

6/10.

Supersonicbro

Nice episode, i wasn't too interested but it was good.

Crazy how we're getting fillers yet they're actually entertaining and feel worthwhile. I'm surprised they pulled the "oh no my pokemon doesn't like me anymore" card. I think had they gave the saga more time it could have been much more emotional.

6/10.

Truthfully I think the fact that it's so early made it better. Clermont could have thought that chespin decided that it made a mistake joining him and left. Which would be way more believable seeing how short he had it.

diakyu

I thought this fit the bill for a non-filler?

NPT

Just a member
Just saw this episode... and I really liked it. Not only there's character development for Clemont, but some nice group interactions too, which was great. Unlike the dub, the BGM was very fitting for this episode. They even used some BW music and music from the movie 12. I really like the BW anime music, so it'd be nice if they use both BW and XY music in the future episodes.

I thought this fit the bill for a non-filler?

Froakie is revealed to know Pound and Chespin is revealed to have Overgrow Ability, so yes, this IS a non-filler episode.

Last edited:

RVD_fan

Lol Ash jumped from the Prism Tower, took on a Flame Wheel, etc. Clement is smarter but not braver, at least not as of now.
If I may quote Game of Thrones:

'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave.'

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I thought this episode was pretty solid. I liked the interactions between the characters and thought it had a good balance between humour and action. The lack of TRio also made this episode really refreshing, I was relived to see them not here.

I MUST give a special mention to Delphox. I loved this Pokémon before and this episode made me like it even more. This episode really did make it look great and did far more justice to it than the games ever did. I really want to see another one now (Which I think is almost certain because starter). I also noticed Serena was the one to scan it in the Pokedex. I didn't understand a word they were saying, did Serena react to it at all? Because I will be disappointed if she didn't, because this Pokémon is something her Fennekin could become and I would have loved to see a reaction.

I was disappointed that the pacing was a bit too quick for this episode. Everything happened so fast it was over before it begun. And I kinda wanted to see Fennekin battle Chespin as well as it has still barely done anything. Other than those, this was a fairly entertaining episode.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Let's hope here we can see another Delphox in the future. Did it even use Mystic Fire here?

No. The man damaged his back before Delphox could used Mystical Fire, leaving the battle open-ended.

I'm almost certain Delphox will appear again in the future given it's a starter. Plus, I'm certainly in favour of seeing it again after this episode.

Supersonicbro

I didn't understand a word they were saying, did Serena react to it at all? Because I will be disappointed if she didn't, because this Pokémon is something her Fennekin could become and I would have loved to see a reaction.

No, all she said was that basically it was a fire type and she was worried because chespin is a grass type.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
No, all she said was that basically it was a fire type and she was worried because chespin is a grass type.

I see. Well that's very disappointing. This could have been a perfect opportunity for Serena to acknowledge Delphox being an evolution of Fennekin because if I recall correctly, the Pokedex mentions that. Would have been nice to see her say something along the lines of "I hope my Fennekin becomes that" or "I really don't want my Fennekin to become that". Part of me is also disappointed than Fennekin was barely in this episode at all, because I would have loved to see it's reaction to seeing it's evolved form as well.

Can't have everything, I guess. Maybe next time......

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I see. Well that's very disappointing. This could have been a perfect opportunity for Serena to acknowledge Delphox being an evolution of Fennekin because if I recall correctly, the Pokedex mentions that. Would have been nice to see her say something along the lines of "I hope my Fennekin becomes that" or "I really don't want my Fennekin to become that". Part of me is also disappointed than Fennekin was barely in this episode at all, because I would have loved to see it's reaction to seeing it's evolved form as well.

Can't have everything, I guess. Maybe next time......

The thing is, she scanned Delphox when she and the others were worried about it attacking Chespin, so it would feel out of place if she acknowledge it like that. If anything, I'd understand if she at least said something like, "That's Fennekin's evolved form?" since it's a nice non-specific response to show that she's both surprised while still more focused about Chespin

I usually don't post my thoughts about an episode, but for this one I just had to. This episodes was truly magnificent, it was for me because Delphox was just amazing in animation and its aloof facial expressions. Delphox was on POINT. After seeing one, I'm hoping that Serena's Fokko does evolve all the way, the only Pokemon I'm looking forward to being on the main cast.

DoctorDark

"I want to be as brave as Ash" my butt. Clemont is far braver, not to mention smarter.

Hmm I would never question the smarter part but braver is definitely questionable. Though whether or not Ash's brave side is more due to stupidity or actually being brave is probably more questionable. The guy freaking jumped off a multi-story building to catch pikachu for peet's sake.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hmm I would never question the smarter part but braver is definitely questionable. Though whether or not Ash's brave side is more due to stupidity or actually being brave is probably more questionable. The guy freaking jumped off a multi-story building to catch pikachu for peet's sake.

And if we were to take out the random Pokemon saving them, what then?

Why, we would clearly think he'd rather die along with his best pal in the whole universe! He's a flawed version of being brave.

DoctorDark

Why, we would clearly think he'd rather die along with his best pal in the whole universe! He's a flawed version of being brave.

I mean even if he is stupid brave hes still brave. :X

NPT

Just a member

He risked himself to save other Pokémon too, not just Pikachu. Believe it or not, Ash is braver than Clemont.

Last edited: