• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Egg Scramble (611)

BM14murph

Master Collector
Sorry for showing up late to the party lol

I actually really liked dis episode there was so many johto references(as expected of course) it was great

Marill - Grrr to commonly shown give her a wooper or some ither water type pokemon it's not like they're hard to come by
Johto pokedex - I thought this would show up alright....i think it looks really good to be honest....the pink sucks though
Pokegear - Not the worst looking device either if you ask me lol
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KOTONE IS A TRAINER AND NOT A COORDINATOR THANK CHRIST!!!
That little clip show was quite good actually it brought back some good memories
That battle was very short but at least piplup won
Oh yes my and others theory of her getting cyndaquil finally proven
Wow team rocket staling the egg real original
Totodile seems like a rough one he's cool
Is totodile using water gun as well?
Hey Staraptor long time no see
The music in this episode was F***ing brilliant IMO
Carnivine battling again woo - They did it for us to remeber him so he'll be fresh when he battles mamoswine in the contest episode
The begining of this episode made it look like Pika and Pip were gonna battle but NOOO they just split the scream to attack TR waste of my time...LMAO
Cyndaquil dare i say it looks kind of cool and zomg CUTE
Nice mlittle ending with Dawn getting the face burnt off herself :D:D:D

Good Times!!! lol

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Dawn is gonna have an Cyndaqul
You have won this thread.

Anyway, Dawn's new Cyndaquil fits dawn rather perfectly and would make a great fire type, (although It might copy May's Torchic a little bit too much)

Blaziryu

I didn't like this episode. Not at all. To me, it was just one long a** commercial. I didn't like Commercial Girl (that's what I'm calling Kotone) @ all. And I'm mad they gave Dawn a fawkin Cyndaquil. In conclusion, the episode was awful.

STICKTOPIA

I didn't like this episode. Not at all. To me, it was just one long a** commercial. I didn't like Commercial Girl (that's what I'm calling Kotone) @ all. And I'm mad they gave Dawn a fawkin Cyndaquil. In conclusion, the episode was awful.
Wow u must really hate the episode... I didn't find it all that interesting but it was still ok though. Do u dislike Dawn?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So this episode is all about the writers attempting to pick off every last individual who has not yet been suckered into the HGSS craze. All three of us. I shall watch with skepticism, seeing if their brainwashing tricks work after HOLY COW IT'S PIKABLU! I'm convinced at last! I'm gonna grab a copy of Pokemon Red so I can talk to the old man who teaches you how to catch a Weedle then walk in the grass around Cerulean for three consecutive hours until I encounter I wild Pikablu! It didn't work 11 years ago, but who's to say it won't work now? Wait...that's not Johto.

Kotone is now showing me a screen with all the crappy Johto cities on it. Still not convinced. But hey, they gave Clair a cameo. That's a step. Now she's attempting to mesmerize her audience with some really lame starter Pokemon. Now we can see all of Chikorita's cool Johto attacks, most notably "Hide-in-a-CG-Box". And so Dawn gets an egg, which convinces me further, because eggs are delicious. But of course, Team Rocket steals the egg, thus making this episode exactly like every other episode before it involving an egg.

TR gives us a nice montage of Johto legendaries, which is totally not a pull to make you buy the games. No way. Never. Unthinkable. I'd say that Ursaring is another Johto plug, but Ursaring seems to be a big Hyper Beaming jerk no matter what region it's in. Of course, Jessie tripping over a rock is obviously a plug, seeing as how rocks contain hidden Pokemon and items in Johto. I'm just too smart for you writers. I've figured out all your tricks by this point.

And thus, the old man rents out the Johto kids to the gang as advertisement slaves for five episodes. What a great guy. And the egg hatches into a Cyndaquil. So totally didn't see that coming. In fact, I was eagerly awaiting the debates that would occur over whether the egg was a Cyndaquil or a Torkoal (see Eevee-Zigzagoon debates). I assume the afro thing will be a running gag, which is actually fine with me since it's basically what Pachirisu did before it went and become irrelevant.

I initially stated that Cyndaquil hatching early would spare us the inevitable plot of TR stealing the egg or egg Pokemon, but that was apparently speaking too soon. Likewise, we got an incredibly standard episode out of it. New AD duo ain't too shabby (a few awkward moments, but way better than the Pluto episode), and time will tell whether or not Cyndaquil becomes the new May's Squirtle with fans (for the sake of my sanity, I'm hoping not).

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Piplup annoyed me in these episodes. Maybe it's because I'm such a die-hard Cyndaquil (Quilava) fan, but Piplup's attention-mongering really grated my nerves. I hope Cyndaquil makes it to the second stage. I would have rather Ash's Cyndaquil make an eventual return, but since that's not gonna happen, a little limelight is better than none!

EDIT: New watergun animation is new.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Piplup annoyed me in these episodes. Maybe it's because I'm such a die-hard Cyndaquil (Quilava) fan, but Piplup's attention-mongering really grated my nerves. I hope Cyndaquil makes it to the second stage. I would have rather Ash's Cyndaquil make an eventual return, but since that's not gonna happen, a little limelight is better than none!

I doubt Dawn's Cynda will evolve, the writers seem content with keeping all her Pokemon small and unevolved except for Mamoswine. They even bumped off Ambipom which was her only other evolution.

STICKTOPIA

So this episode is all about the writers attempting to pick off every last individual who has not yet been suckered into the HGSS craze. All three of us. I shall watch with skepticism, seeing if their brainwashing tricks work after HOLY COW IT'S PIKABLU! I'm convinced at last! I'm gonna grab a copy of Pokemon Red so I can talk to the old man who teaches you how to catch a Weedle then walk in the grass around Cerulean for three consecutive hours until I encounter I wild Pikablu! It didn't work 11 years ago, but who's to say it won't work now? Wait...that's not Johto.

Kotone is now showing me a screen with all the crappy Johto cities on it. Still not convinced. But hey, they gave Clair a cameo. That's a step. Now she's attempting to mesmerize her audience with some really lame starter Pokemon. Now we can see all of Chikorita's cool Johto attacks, most notably "Hide-in-a-CG-Box". And so Dawn gets an egg, which convinces me further, because eggs are delicious. But of course, Team Rocket steals the egg, thus making this episode exactly like every other episode before it involving an egg.

TR gives us a nice montage of Johto legendaries, which is totally not a pull to make you buy the games. No way. Never. Unthinkable. I'd say that Ursaring is another Johto plug, but Ursaring seems to be a big Hyper Beaming jerk no matter what region it's in. Of course, Jessie tripping over a rock is obviously a plug, seeing as how rocks contain hidden Pokemon and items in Johto. I'm just too smart for you writers. I've figured out all your tricks by this point.

And thus, the old man rents out the Johto kids to the gang as advertisement slaves for five episodes. What a great guy. And the egg hatches into a Cyndaquil. So totally didn't see that coming. In fact, I was eagerly awaiting the debates that would occur over whether the egg was a Cyndaquil or a Torkoal (see Eevee-Zigzagoon debates). I assume the afro thing will be a running gag, which is actually fine with me since it's basically what Pachirisu did before it went and become irrelevant.

I initially stated that Cyndaquil hatching early would spare us the inevitable plot of TR stealing the egg or egg Pokemon, but that was apparently speaking too soon. Likewise, we got an incredibly standard episode out of it. New AD duo ain't too shabby (a few awkward moments, but way better than the Pluto episode), and time will tell whether or not Cyndaquil becomes the new May's Squirtle with fans (for the sake of my sanity, I'm hoping not).
So you're saying it's a trick...?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I can see Ash reuniteing with his cynda and Oakinbg Buizel. I also see Ash's cynda evolveing!

uber gon

Accept Change
Hopefully we'll get to see Eruption used offensively now.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
A good episode through and through for advertising. However, you cannot deny that Dawn's new Cynda is adorable.

New charcters Kotone and Kazunari (I finally get the name right) are ok I suppose. Although I'm no fan of Kotone's hat I can tell you, and her Pokemon.How does she have 2 badges already? I think I know. It might have gone like this:

"Chikorita - use Light Screen untill Falkner's Pidgey gives up!"
"Chikor!"
*Pidgey gives up*
"Yay!! I won a Zephyr Badge!"

I'm actually liking Kazunari's character - a rookie breeder. That really is something I didin't expect. Mainly I like him because of his awesome Totodile!

STICKTOPIA

I can see Ash reuniteing with his cynda and Oakinbg Buizel. I also see Ash's cynda evolveing!
You know that's not going to happen. I see cyndaquil evolving but I see that happening after Ash goes back to pallet after the sinnoh league.

Flash-Agent

***** please...
Dawn's cyndaquil looks like it's gonna pull a charizard habit

STICKTOPIA

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I bet that Dawn's Cyndaquil was quite different from Ash's Cyndaquil. Dawn's Cynda seems to be fiesty while Ash's Cynda is shy, and loyal. But we all know that Dawn's Cyndaquil already have a rival in the form of Piplup. I wonder what would happen if Dawn's Cyndaquil meet Ash's Cyndaquil. Do you think that these Cyndaquils would get along or start a fight?

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

I bet that Dawn's Cyndaquil was quite different from Ash's Cyndaquil. Dawn's Cynda seems to be fiesty while Ash's Cynda is shy, and loyal. But we all know that Dawn's Cyndaquil already have a rival in the form of Piplup. I wonder what would happen if Dawn's Cyndaquil meet Ash's Cyndaquil. Do you think that these Cyndaquils would get along or start a fight?
I think they would get along. Ash's Cyndaquil knows better.

Wild Jolteon

Have at you!!!
I doubt Dawn's Cynda will evolve, the writers seem content with keeping all her Pokemon small and unevolved except for Mamoswine. They even bumped off Ambipom which was her only other evolution.

I don't know since Ash's has a Not evolving for no reason Cyndaquil it wouldn't make much sense to have two of them.
Also it would be awesome to see it evolve and bully around piplup for being such a jerk to it as a baby If you ask me.

Can't wait for this episode to come out in about 18 weeks in the US