• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Egg Scramble (611)

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Just saw the dub. What can I say except that I missed the way Kotone says her own name at the end of her sentences, and that after last week's high in keeping all of the score, TPCI and DuArt are totally inconsistant.

I also don't get why the anime team couldn't have been more subtle in their heralding of HG/SS. When FR/LG came out, they didn't get nearly this level of an episode. A Johto Festa? We know who these Pokemon are, guys. Anyone younger should just look it up, and the series should stick by it's 'Diamond and Pearl' name.

Torpoleon

I thought that this episode was ok. Spelling Kazunari's English name as Khoury does seem weird.

9/10
Over all good episode. Too bad we wont see Cyndaquil's moves until DP144.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I thought this was a great episode.Carnivine`s PokeDex entry in this episode was funny.It`s nice to see Johto stuff in this episode.

10/10

V Faction

www.faction.com
I hear there's some Johto in this episode. Just a rumor though.

I'll never get tired of hearing Totodile talk. Never.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I also don't get why the anime team couldn't have been more subtle in their heralding of HG/SS. When FR/LG came out, they didn't get nearly this level of an episode. A Johto Festa? We know who these Pokemon are, guys. Anyone younger should just look it up, and the series should stick by it's 'Diamond and Pearl' name.

Things have changed. The anime ties closer to the games than ever before. So it's not too weird that they're incorporated HG/SS in the anime. It probably makes for higher sales too :S

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I actually enjoyed it. But "going to each region to promote the Johto Legue." Could the creators be anymore subtle?

But seeing all the Johto-related areas and Pokemon did bring back some memories. Liked how Lyra and Khourey were using their Pokedex to check out Sinnoh Pokemon. Especially liked that Totodile and Cyndaquil still have their original voices.

Once again, TR annoyed the hell out of me.

10/10

Phantom champion Z

just saw the dub this morning dont see why ash didnt explain more about his johto days could have informed the younger veiwers it also seems like they were just outright throwing it out there with johto how do you promote your country

GalladeX

just saw the dub this morning dont see why ash didnt explain more about his johto days could have informed the younger veiwers it also seems like they were just outright throwing it out there with johto how do you promote your country

By using punctuation.

They probably wanted to mention Johto less so the younger kids can really experience a new world in HG/SS.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I saw the dub and I think Kazunari's new name (Khourey) is great.

Liked the other things, more than that nothing special 7/10

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Things have changed. The anime ties closer to the games than ever before. So it's not too weird that they're incorporated HG/SS in the anime. It probably makes for higher sales too :S

I like that the anime is faithful to the source material, moreso than many other shows based on video games. But, in my opinion, there is a line between re-creating a key plot point (Team Galactic, Darkrai vs Cresselia) and reallly spelling out the latest game release that isn't the first of its generation (how the 11'th movie tied into Platinum, 12'th with HG/SS)

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Oh. My. Fuking. God.

<33333333333333333333333

I loved this episode, just for the fact that Soul/Kotone/Lyra was in it, along with Cyndaquil <3333 I liked the plot, it didn't seem rushed, and I loved the part when Jesse almost gets killed by Ursaring.

100/10

Dattebayo

Banned
I am in great disappointment that Kotone's dub name isn't Maria (the color schemes for her outfits resembles Mario's for crying out loud), but it was funny that she couldn't say Dawn's name right. At least I can now use Meganium in my HG team now that she has a Chikorita in the anime. What's with Dawn getting pokemon that will soon evolve into not so cute evolved forms, it doesn't really suit her that much.

Last edited:

SmartD

It's a great episode. We're introduced to Lyra and Correy (sp?) and Dawn gets a Cyndaquil. It reminds me when May catches a Bulbasaur back in Hoenn. And we see stuff from Johto. It's funny when Cyndaquil messes up Dawn's hair style at the end of the episode.

Christopher Niosi did the voice of Khoury on today's (and for the next four episodes) episode of Pokemon! He's the guy from Newgrounds who does the flash animations.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Khoury

I was a little ticked off with the tv at first, but then I moved to the parent's television instead of the widescreen due to it being glitched with the CNw channel. Anyways, who voice Lyra, she sounds lovely every time I heard her voice. It was great to see the Johto Pokes again.

I wonder if I could ever voice for Pokemon?

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
Now, I just the US dubbed of this episode. I caught the tail end of it but I noticed one thing. It seemed like Lyra was mispronouncing Dawn's name. But it was cute seeing Cyndaquil being born. (I just wish it was going to a different trainer instead of Dawn. I'm sorry I'm anti-Dawn, sorry hate me). I liked the episode from what I saw. But I am getting annoyed by Team Rocket stealing other people's pokemon/eggs. I guess I'm getting tired of seeing them showing up in almost in every episode doing the same darn thing everytime.

JohnLee

It's "a dollar short and a day late", or is it "a day late and a dollar short"? I've always said "a day late and a dollar short" so it was weird to hear "a dollar short and a day late" from Team Rocket. Anyway...

This "Johto promotion episode" defintely worked for me! I want my soulsilver version now, please. I was surprised by Lyra's and Khoury's voices. I was expecting a nerdy voice for Khoury. I love the johto starters! I will never get tired of them. It was pretty funny when totodile appeared out of those bushes and stole the egg back. What a great way to start the first Saturday of February off! Johto centered episode, two new temporary traveling companions, brand new cyndaquil for Dane, haha, and the beautiful start to another arc.

Overall, there was nothing that I didn't like.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Just watched the episode, Lyra was so awesome. And her VA was great as well. <3

I loved seeing her call Dawn, Dane. x3 Im gonna love seeing her in the next couple of episodes.

Plus, it was pretty sweet seeing Clair from Lyra's television broadcast, and also seeing Clair in her HGSS clothes.

Also the egg Dawn wins was exciting to see, and glad she's got a Cyndaquil. ^^ (well like I didnt know that before. :p) Plus, it was pretty funny firing at Dawn's hair. x3

Im excited for next weeks episode. ^^

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Pretty good episode, I enjoyed it, it reminded me a lot of Johto, even though it was in Sinnoh, I remember Johto having a lot of forests for the gang to travel through, with Ursaring and Teddiursa's too. Brought back some good Johto memories. Also Lyra and Khourey's voices were actually very good, I quite like the duo, and I'm glad their sticking around for a few episodes. Plus Dawn's Cyndaquil's Debut!!!!!!!
Bring on next week
10/10

Phantom champion Z

By using punctuation.

They probably wanted to mention Johto less so the younger kids can really experience a new world in HG/SS.

sorry bout that its kind of hard to type on the dsi, but any way yeah that makes sense. the thing is they were kind of throwing in info taped to a brick at us come see clair at black thorn city it was like smack look new place! new place!
7/10

How come this episode is out already on youtube and Pokemon HG/SS isn't even out yet? The jap episode was out so as the jap game.

Anyway, Lyra is a great name for the HG/SS girl. Merina (Cant spell) is out of the line for this anime :p

Cant wait for the next episode! :D