• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Egg Scramble (611)

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
"That's hot..." Lol. Line of the century.

So Dawn has a Cyndaquil now. It's a cute little thing. He(or she maybe) looks powerful, so I'm anxious to see him/her battle.

And Cory (that's my in-game name!!!!) has some issues to work on. I'm just glad he and Lyra are staying for a while. I loved it when in the middle of the battle he pulls out his Pokedex for Carnivine's information.

But what was up with Lyra calling Dawn Dane?

Watching this episode further proves that I still don't know which starter I'm going to pick in Heartgold.

Thriller

Its almost time
Guess this proves Kazunari isn't gonna be the main rival in the Sinnoh League. And I thought "Nicholson" was the perfect name for me.

Corey (NOT Khoury) fits though.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a nice Johto based episode. It really was a nice look back to all the gyms and such. I remember Goldenrod City was my favorite place to be cause of all the stuff going on. Anyways, as for this episode, I'm glad Dawn got herself a Cyndaquil. Team Rocket was hilarious in this episode with the whole idea of thinking a legenday Johto pokemon will hatch from the egg as well as them getting chased by Ursaring.

Tf5174

Pretty good episode 7/10
Can't wait for next week.

I pretty much missed it. I stayed up too late, and I was sleeping. I woke up and heard Kotone (Lyra) speak though. Her voice sounded fine, and fit her ...even though I was half asleep. It might have been horrible but I thought it sounded cool. :X atm at least.

I'll see it. I have to see it. It has Kotone, wtf.
I saw the ending when the egg hatched, and Hikari got her hair all fro'ed-up. Cyndaquil. <33

STICKTOPIA

This was a great episode. Nice to see some Johto reference. Is Lyra gonna start calling Dawn Dane from now on? I don't really find it amusing. Ash should have said how he has all 3 of those pokemon. He's making it look like he forgot he has those pokemon.

Torpoleon

I saw the dub and I think Kazunari's new name (Khourey) is great.

Liked the other things, more than that nothing special 7/10
It's actually Khoury. That actually seems like a unique name for Kazunari. Usually the name would be spelled Cory or Corey but that was the first time I saw it as Khoury.

It was funny how Lyra called Dawn Dane a lot.

AstralEon

The one and only.
An excellent episode this is. Good ol' Johto. Ahh memories... Now for the points of interest.

Lyra and Cory, nice duo. Lyra fits her character but I'm not sure about Corys though. His a bit rough around the edges. But soon enough he will improve once he gets more screen time.

The battle between Dawn, or should I say Dane?, was great. I knew Dawn would win, seeing that she had much more experience in battling and Lyra having only 2 badges. Also the mistake Lyra did when she called out 2 'LightScreen' attacks.

Great to see Chikorita, although I didn't like the voice it has. I miss that old sweet call of hers...

Also, I was expecting to see another hopping, peppy, Totodile; just like Ashs Totodile, but this one fits my style. Funny how he just snucked past TR with the Egg.

I find it weird that only James and Meowth blasted off without Jessie this time.

Hooray to see a Cydaquil. And this one will stay with the group; even better. Nice first impression too with Dawn, ha.

There's a lot of stuff going in this episode that just made it perfect. Parts of Johto region being mention, Johto gym leaders, everything from the past was just flowing back to me. Makes me more eager to have HG/SS now.

Overall, Excellent episode. I give it a perfect 10/10.

And this is just the beginning.

cohenmarioman

Love the shout out to Yugioh 5Ds, not only once, but twice. First with Frank Frankson voicing one of the characters in his Yusei voice, and then again with Lyra saying "Kick it into Overdrive"

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I pretty much liked this episode.
At first, I thought that Lyra would be a childish Poke-girlie, but fortunately she turned out to be pretty mature and serious (Yeah, a win for the Pokemon-is-serious movement)
That voice Khoury was given was kind of...meh, but well, I'll put up with that.
Unfortunately, however, today's episode wasn't completely without logical mistakes: After using light screen you don't normally use it in the next round again, because it lasts for 5 rounds. (as one could plainly see in the 6on6 battle against Paul) Sorry Lyra, regardless of how likable you are, but come on: How silly was that? No surprise that you haven't got more than two badges. A good trainer wouldn't give away a whole round by ordering an unnecessary set-up move.

The chasing after Team Rocket scenes were pretty exciting and put into practice well

All in all, a good episode
6.5 out of 10 points

Vernikova

Champion
Voices are win. Khoury's voice was cool Lyra's voice was cool. Khoury's dad's voice was cool though that was obviously going to happen because he had Tristian's voice. Other than that . . . nothing else really. A generic plot at it's core.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Lyra's voice was nice and enjoy hearing her make it to the dub. Nice to see 'Dane' get her baby Cyndaquil and her first 'pure' Johto Pokemon. That fact that Cyndaquil inflicted pain on 'Dane' just proves it is one of her Pokemon as they've all hurt or injured her at some point in the series. This is one of those episodes I think we could have done without Team Rocket. Still Lyra was great to see. Khoury too. Is it Khoury or Cory?

Cobalt_Latios

V Faction

www.faction.com
CC says its Khoury.

And I, for the life of me, cannot stop thinking of Boy Meets World.

Also, Kirbopher dubbing. Lovin' it.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I liked this episode, though I admitt that I laughed when Lyra said "We go to all the different regions to promote Johto". It looks like Anime does imitate real life. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing the Johto Pokedex and the Pokegear, since aside from the 3rd movie I don't think we've seen a Pokegear in the anime.

Lyra and Khory are interesting characters. A female trainer and a beginning breeder. Now Brock will finally have someone to talk about all that stuff no one really cares about with.

Oh and now Dawn has a Cyndaquil, which is good since her team was getting kind of boring.

Edit: Its kind of funny that Lyra can't get Dawn's name right.

Last edited:

cohenmarioman

Voices are win. Khoury's voice was cool Lyra's voice was cool. Khoury's dad's voice was cool though that was obviously going to happen because he had Tristian's voice. Other than that . . . nothing else really. A generic plot at it's core.

Funny, I thought the guy Frank voiced, Khoury's dad, didn't fit the structure of a voice like that. Someone built like this does. In fact, any character that is tall and thin fits, but Khoury's dad doesn't seem. That is why I think it might have been a small shout out, if anything.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Funny how they don't even give Khoury's dad a proper name.

Seeing this Totodile just makes me want Ash's Totodile to appear even more.

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
this episode was alright i guess...just got tired of hearing that girl says Dawns name wrong...i mean it was funny at first but then she says Dane or Daine? anyways she says it like almost a whole minute....annoying!