• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Egg Scramble (611)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ok, I watched it again in English, and I don't mean to complain, but it wasn't what I had expected. Lyra's voice was fine, it suited her, but the fact that she kept calling Dawn by another name bugged me. Not sure if it happened in the Japanese version but it didn't make me laugh.

Corey (I am spelling it like this idc) had a older voice, and that didn't go too well with his small stature. The dad was voiced by Frank Frankson who voices Yusei from 5Ds, that was a surprise. The story went by so slowly for some reason, probably because the Team Rocket part was dragged out or added last minute. Overall, 6/10.

Kazuki Sendo

Eevee Breeder
Overall I liked the episode. Lyra's voice was good, surprisingly it fit her personality more. Her character design would have been better with a skirt then the hotpant suspender combo... what were they trying to do make a younger Fey?

The one thing that will always aggravates me about the series is Ash not remembering his own journeys in the region. I guess its easier to build up hype to the younger generations about Johto then to hit them with a wammy bat going "Ash was in Johto too..we didnt know..."

Yes it was a huge promo for HG/SS..... However, it did have a life feel in a way that other countries do air 'come visit to...' commercials to drum up business. In a sense I kinda believe thats what the writing team was going with. "come visit Johto we got different pokemon too..."

HoennMaster

What do closed captions say? I'd like some confirmation for Character Discussions.

It's Khoury.

But what was up with Lyra calling Dawn Dane?

In the Japanese version she always called her Hikarin. THey had to come up with something.

but the fact that she kept calling Dawn by another name bugged me. Not sure if it happened in the Japanese version but it didn't make me laugh.

Yes, it happens int he Japanese version too.

The one thing that will always aggravates me about the series is Ash not remembering his own journeys in the region.

"Wow, Johto....Great Memories".

From the moment Chikorita and Totodile appeared, it was pretty obvious Cyndaquil would show-up at some point.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Dawn, Dee-Dee, Dane. The girl needs to where a name tag or shirt that says 'Hello my name I Dawn. D-a-w-n.' But I enjoyed hearing Lyra call her Dane and she said it quite a few times.

Cobalt_Latios

Dawn, Dee-Dee, Dane. The girl needs to where a name tag or shirt that says 'Hello my name I Dawn. D-a-w-n.' But I enjoyed hearing Lyra call her Dane and she said it quite a few times.
Hell, Barry completely forgot about her, and Paul couldn't care less.

Also, who does Lyra's voice? It's clearly not someone from the current group.

C_L

CliveKoopa

This is quite a great episode and Lyra is quite an interesting character. I didn't realise that this was the same person as Kotone whose name I saw in other threads. Dawn got Cyndaquil and also a great debut for the PokeGear, which was never seen anywhere in the Johto saga.

cohenmarioman

All of the Yu-Gi-Oh, Bakugan, Duel Masters, etc. **** All are like an unholy fusion of Pokemon and Digimon.

Yugioh was started around the same time Pokemon was, 1996. In fact, the releases of the first Pokemon game and the first Yugioh manga are around the same time, one in February 1996, the other December 1996. ANd Digimon came way after, not being anywhere in the mix.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
I've watched episode fully and I have to say I was slightly disapointed. It wasn't anything I was expecting and I was getting tired of Lyra screwing up Dawn's name all the time. Ok, I may dislike Dawn but come on, Dane all the time as a "joke" filler? I hope the next few episodes are better. Also, when I heard Khoury's Dad voice, I thought for a moment I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. I truely hope the writers do more on improving Dawn's character, and raising/bonding her pokemon better. I don't want to see Cyndaquil fall to the way side (or turn into Mamoswine and completely disobey her for a few episodes) like the others!!

NES

Flip me to the side!
I love Kotone Lyra's voice in english, good choice. I was not annoyed by her saying Dane over and over again, after all the original VA she changes her name too (like Geodude said), i guess not everyone noticed it, so it may come as a surprise now. Thanks for explaining that!

Yeah poor Dawn, she is the character with the most name changes in the show.

Not big deal, out of that i like this episode as i said in the first pages of this thread!

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
A few people have been asking about Dane. Lyra calls Dawn that because Kotone called Hikari Hikarin.

I thought the thing was Kotone kept saying her name? Did she do that as well?

Corey (I am spelling it like this idc) had a older voice, and that didn't go too well with his small stature.

I thought his voice suited him fine. It sounded dorky enough.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought the thing was Kotone kept saying her name? Did she do that as well?

Kotone would often say "koto ne?" which means "right?" when ending a sentence or question. She wasn't saying her name per se, just something that sounds like it.

Gliscor-X-Slash

I liked this episode however it felt quite rushed and also just like one big advertisment but still cyndaquil is sooo cute!! so ok episode all in all

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Evey Female playable character that has appeared in the anime has the same name in the game.On this fact,Kotone`s name in the game is 100% sure Lyra.This is one of the episodes that had reference to a game and was aired before the game was released here(Battonage special aired here in November instead of before the Dustox-mating episode).

Rebeccag

Enjoyed this episode I liked seeimg Lyra and Khoury plus I like Lyras voice as well. It was good seeing Totadile again and also Chikorita and Cyndaquil. I didnt like Lyra calling Dawn Dane though as that annoyed me but i supose ill get used to that. Plus it was good to see Khoury looking up to Brock as Brock hasnt really had anyone look up to him. Looking forward to the next few episodes

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
That was a good episode. Lyra who based on Heratgold and Silversoul finally appears in US. She gets Dawn's name wrong in that episode. The next one will be the more exiciting one.

Brumrha

Banned
Well... the last episode before this was basically like, "another day, another worthless filler" which is undeserving of a summary. This is a different story, however...

- Ash & his friends are in town (hell if I know the name of it...) & they all happen to be a bunch of hungry, hungry hippos.;450; That means that the first order of the day is to have some nom noms.
- Then, they come across a Marill, who is stuck inside a squeeze. They all try to pry it out, & with some hidden cussing later, they manage to do so.
- Then, Marill's trainer comes by to reclaim her lost Pokemon. Who the hell is she?? Well she would be Lyra, the girl from HG/SS, for those who aren't up to snuff in their Pokemon Lore.
- Lyra just so happens to be from Jhoto; New Bark Town, to be more precise. What I've also observed is that all the girls in Jhoto loves having a Marill on them. Go figure...
- Another thing is that Lyra is hosting a Jhoto festival in that same town that they're in. Isn't that something, hmm?
- Well, this festival is basically a show off what these people over at Sinnoh can find over there. I'm sure this brings back Ash's memories in Jhoto as well. Good times, man, good times.
- However, they've forgotten the one thing that they must do: get some nom noms! Thankfully, Lyra knows just where to go.
- While they're doing that, they also meet up with one of Lyra's friends, whose name is Cory, which I don't even know if it's spelled properly, whom also is having trouble getting his Totodile to eat his food.
- Leave it all to Brock to come up with a solution: grind up a Chesto Berry & sprinkle it on its food. That worked like a charm.
- Speaking of trouble, we find TR inside the premises as well, but their plans this time is to steal every little bit of food that is inside this festival & take it for themselves.
- Back at the center "pavilion" so to speak,, Lyra is going to give a demonstration of the Jhoto starters, & there is nothing better than to fight someone. & guess who that someone is? It's Dawn!!
- Chikorita VS Piplup (I'm already going to tell that this isn't going to end well...) FIGHT!!
- Unfortunately, it's not so much of a fight, as it went pretty much like this: Piplup uses Bubblebeam, then Chikorita uses Light Screen, which most likely isn't enough, seeing as how it still pushed it about. Piplup follows up with Peck, which breaks Chikorita's Light Screen (not so much breaks as it ignores it altogether, but whatever...) Chikorita tries to attack itself, but Piplup doesn't let up, & thus...
- ...Chikorita dies... Yeah, I'm guessing that it's a pansy if it can't fight someone that has a type-disadvantage against it...
- That aside, Dawn wins herself a Pokemon Egg, but Avast!! TR comes by & snags it away from her!
- As they try to get away, their balloon gets pricked from behind from a (fake) tree, & they get sent off into a cataclysmic ride into god knows where.
- They crash off into the wild blue yonder, but at least they've still got their ill-gotten food & Dawn's egg, they eat & eat & eat...
- ...Whilst Lyra comes up with a plan to split up, so that if one group finds them, they can signal the other so that they can surround them. Brilliant!!
- In the meantime, Jessie has turned into a Balalalala-Blubber-gut from wolfing down all that stolen food in such a short amount of time. However, a Teddiursa is also feasting on "their" food; Jessie yanks it away, which thus causes a nearby Ursaring to go Berzerker on her, & she thus runs for her life.
- Now separated from Jessie, James goes looking for her, with Dawn's egg in tow, but... Ash's group manages to find him.
- Worse for them still, Lyra's group manages to close the ring & surround him. Thus, they managed to get Dawn's egg back, & Ash is free to blow them away with his Pikachu.
- Afterward, the egg hatches into a Cyndaquil. Ooo!

Damn, I had a hard time remembering this from over a week ago. I need to speed things up a bit...