• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Egg Scramble (611)

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I really wish this episode had just gone full-out with nostalgia, with flashbacks to Ash's specific ventures through Johto and his Johto team. It felt like some generic game-only region for most of the episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really wish this episode had just gone full-out with nostalgia, with flashbacks to Ash's specific ventures through Johto and his Johto team. It felt like some generic game-only region for most of the episode.

Why bother though? The Johto saga is almost notoriously known for being the anime's weakest saga.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Why bother though? The Johto saga is almost notoriously known for being the anime's weakest saga.

Yes, but any flashback is better than the characters acting like they didn't spend three seasons in a place. Unless you think Ash and co have also wiped it from their minds? It would certainly explain a lot hahahaha :D

I loved how Dawn just didn't care anymore after the third time being called 'Dane'. :)

*sarcasm*
The egg hatched in to a Cyndaquil. That was the last Pokemon I would have expected.
*sarcasm*

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So much HGSS promotion in this. A festival about Johto and Dawn hatching Cyndaquil from the egg she received. And even Clair appearing was nice, too and Jasmine.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lyra was kind of ditzy, but I liked her in general. The Johto pandering was kind of overwhelming here although Chikorita was as cute as ever plus Dawn winning a Cyndaquil egg in the festival was awesome. :D

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I like lyra and khoury so i was glad they traveled with Ash,Dawn,and Brock. Also i was happy Dawn got Cyndaquil.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh, I wanted Dawn to get Chikorita yet instead she got Overratedquil's egg. I liked the Johto references, though.

I'm a big fan of Chikorita myself, but I was cool with Dawn getting the Cyndaquil egg here instead cuz fire type moves seemed better for contest appeals any ways.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked this episode, though I admit that I laughed when Lyra said "we go to all the different regions to promote Johto". Anyway, I enjoyed seeing the Johto Pokedex and the PokeGear, since aside from the 3rd movie, I don't think we've seen a PokeGear in the anime.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This is that episode that's half obnoxious Johto ad, half generic Rocket plot, right? I recall this one getting a lot of praise when it first aired, but I couldn't for the life of me understand why.

ZilverLox

Banned
This was a pretty good episode. I really loved how Lyra isn't familiar with Contests at all. Nice the writers aren't completely stereotyping girls as I much prefer gym battles to Contests. It was also great how much Lyra orders Khorey around everywhere. The only fail was Team Rocket. A "Got Milk" reference? Really, TPCI? And I thought they were done with adding "Poke" to otherwise real words.

Shayuin

Banned
Lyra seemed so annoying with her ditziness and I was praying that Ash would make a bunch of old references to Johto, but he barely seemed to remember that saga.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Jouto Festa was fun even if it was so blatant as a method of promoting the Jouto remakes. I was slightly peeved when I saw Kotone use Chikoriita since I wanted Hikari to capture one herself, but the Hinoarashi egg was a nice compromise.

Daizy

I call you honey
Lyra just so happened to be a trainer that competes in the Johto Gyms, which made me wish Ash would revisit Johto with her. This episode gave us so much Johto stuff and I was amazed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As neat as Kazunari was as Kotone's friend, I can't help but mourn the fact that he wasn't Hibiki or some other in-game character from HG/SS, which would've made more sense.