1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

An Elite Coverup! (638)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Apr 1, 2010.

1. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I liked how the kid prefered Pikachu over Piplup.

2. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode. Bertha obviously made it great. Her VA was a good choice and I loved it. I'm glad they kept the "eerie voice from behind the dust cloud" bit.

3. Dragotyner

Dragotyner Well-Known Member

bertha is a good tutor 4 that magby kid

4. Pesky Bug

Pesky Bug New Member

Was a good episode, even though the lesson is completely pointless. Ash not only knows how to observe his surroundings, he's put this to use in the past to great success.

5. Brumrha

Brumrha Banned

& here, we have another familiar face, but unfortunately, my motivation is practically shot, seeing as to how half of this episode is about TR.

So we've got an aspiring trainer around here in which TR takes advantage of by offering him to raise his Magby for him. Unfortunately for them, he's under the tutelage of "Big" Berta of the lEEt four.

Everything else is just our usual Hum Drum Melodrama, even her fight against Ash, in which it wasn't surprising that she won. What was surprising is that she's got a souped-up set of wheels!

Aside from that, there's not much going on here...

6. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

What ruined this episode for me was Meowth's gadgets that appear out of nowhere and (as usual) the dialogue for Ash, Dawn, Brock and TR.

I mean where and how the hell do they get the technology to invent these things? I'm sick of them showing ludicrous stuff like that and expecting me to buy it without exposition.

Explain, writers! EXPLAIN!

7. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

That's part of the ridiculousness of TR though. I love their random and utterly nonsensical mechs/gadgets.

Anyway, anyone know Bertha's VA? She was pretty good.

Edit: Actually just checked, turns out it's the same girl who does Officer Jenny. Impressive

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  8. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't. It makes no freaking sense!

9. Linkdarkside

Linkdarkside Well-Known Member

just saw the episode ,it was good i enjoyed the battle whit Hippodon and Torterra it had great animation.

10. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Its the first time in pokemon series that all the elite four of one region have appeared in episodes

11. So, now we have officially seen every E4 member (including the champion!) in their region of origin.

Kind of makes me hope we see Cynthia at least once more before SLV ends.

Hey! A Gliscor! Haven't seen one of those in a while!

I was hoping they'd show Hippowdons female coloring.

12. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was alright... It was great to see E4 Bertha for the 1st time. The Torterra vs Hippowdon battle was cool. As expected, Ash lost the battle. Hippowdon was really powerful. It was odd how Bertha didn't want Brock revealing that she was an E4 member. Another TR scheme involving tricking people into giving them their Pokemon for training/evolving etc. seems to be a lot of that lately... I wish Ash would've had Torterra do the swallow Energy Ball to power up thing again...

70/100

13. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Bertha is cool, and really strong...i kinda knew already that Ash would lose

14. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

Cool episode, Bertha was great. How Ash and co. took so long to decide what windmill TR were in is beyond me :p Bertha and Ash's battle was awesome - Torterra is awesome and for one moment I honestly thought he might have won! Sadly not, but it was still a fun episode.

15. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

This goes to show us that every Pokemon that evolves or is as big as a car doesn't mean squat unless it's superly trained.

16. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

These observations skills could've really been useful in every other episode where Team Rocket decides to go with a disguise. Bertha is officially the coolest Elite Four member in the anime with this episode. It's always good to see Ash get beaten down by an Elite Four member though. That certainly never gets old.

17. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Interesting to see Team Rocket pulling the same daycare scam that rivals Butch and Cassidy did in their first episode. I also like Bertha teaching the twerps to focus and find what they're looking for. I also liked Team Rocket's robot pokemon. :) Interesting episode.

6/10

18. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

For as much crap as Ash's torterra gets, he was honestly pretty impressive in this match.

I loved how we got to see all the e4 in DP, it all really felt like it was building up to something epic.

19. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Bertha was great here and of course Ash lost since he can never defeat an Elite 4 member. How sad that Torterra lost again. 6.5/10

20. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I liked how Team Rocket stole Magby with their scam and seeing Carnivine and Seviper wearing armor was so cool. Bertha was interesting, tho I did feel sad for Torterra when Hippowdon defeated him. ^^