• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Elite Coverup! (638)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode marked Satoshi's Dodaitose's first official battle since evolving from Hayashigame, and it spelled the beginning of the end for him. Simply put, I wasn't pleased that Dodaitose lost to Kikuno's Kabarudon. Also, I wanted to find out if Kikuno was Kikuko's sibling.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Hippowdon vs Torterra was kinda tragic lol. Torterra managed to get one hit on Bertha's Hippowdon though, so Ash did better in this battle than he did against Flint.~

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Also, I wanted to find out if Kikuno was Kikuko's sibling.

I thought it was odd too and even kind of frustrating that the similarity between Agatha and Bertha's designs wasn't focused on heavily here. I wish Ash had mentioned meeting Agatha so that we'd know if Bertha was her relative, but o well. :[

Shayuin

Banned
Bertha gave excellent advice to Ash, however I think Ash needs to GET observational skills first before taking that advice. Team Rocket is obviously not the best when it comes to disguises, but Ash and friends fall for it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Rocket-dan trio's fake Pokemon Day Care scam in this episode was similar to the first two scams that Yamato and Kosaburou pulled off in OS, except that Nyasu's whole motivation for stealing Yooshichi's Bubii to light Sakaki's candles with was too ridiculous, even for him. I did appreciate the Rocket-dan's robotic Mukuhawk and Glion, however.

Alloutℯ

Banned
TRio having their Pokemon use armor was cool. The animation during Ash & Bertha's battle was great. Ash should've made Torterra use its Overgrow ability though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In retrospect, I'm no longer angry regarding how Satoshi lost to Kikuno in this episode since I realize now that even if Satoshi had used something other than his Dodaitose, he still would've lost since Kikuno was vastly stronger than him.

Daizy

I call you honey
Appearances like Bertha's in this episode was probably to simply showcase the Sinnoh E4 members. How disappointing to see that Bertha's Hippowdon wasn't the black/gray color.

Bertha was my least favorite E4 member in the Sinnoh games but here she was the most interesting one by far. I liked how humble she was since she didn't flaunt her E4 title and wanted to keep her identity a secret. I also liked that Torterra vs Hippowdon ended with Ash losing since I never thought that he was good enough to defeat an actual E4 member before not even in the Sinnoh saga.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
One of the things I liked a lot about the sinnoh saga is that Ash & his friends got to meet each member of the elite four, which sadly did not happen in every saga. In this episode we got the treat to see three of Bertha’s pokemon since usually this elite trainers only showcase one or two pokemon. I also liked the lesson about battling and observation, it was a nice detail that Bertha also included Dawn when she was giving the lesson to Ash. Despite Bertha being a vastly superior trainer, I’m glad the battle was not a complete curb stomp. I will also add that Bertha’s personality/characterization was very fleshed out throughout the episode. Her facial expressions were on point and we can gather that she pays attention to detail, dislikes the elite title, is a good teacher and likes to have a good drive (the googles & the car are awesome). Good episode.

Last edited: