• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Elite Meet & Greet! (503)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
An Elite Meet & Greet!

On their way to Eterna City, Ash & co. meet up with Lucian, a member of the Elite Four in Sinnoh. Dawn is eager to test out her newly captures Buizel and challenges Lucian to a battle. Is Dawn biting off more than she can chew? Will Buizel be up to the challenge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

scizor08

Back here. >.<
well this is the first time some guy from the elite four talked about the elite four..
and Buizel looks amazed from Lucian..

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Maybe, and if Ash does win any tournament, maybe he could challenge the E4.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
[img139]http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/LatestAnime/src/118007182742.jpg[/img139]

Hah, I was wondering how the normally calm Croagunk would react with bad-*** Buizel. And look, we have a rivalry it seem. :p

{edit: I never noticed Buneary was heart-eyed)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Wow...Lucian makes a Girafarig look like it can do something in battle. That's saying something!

Speculation thread was already closed, so I apologize for posting this here. I really hope the humbling that Buizel faced doesn't change its bad-*** attitude.

Chaozaru

I hope that this Croagunk/Buizel rivalry is expanded on, because they're probably my favorite Pokemon on the main team right now.

Also the <_> face Lucian's Bronzong keeps making is awesome.

Crimsonmon

Boulder Trainer
The first part was Lucian's talk with the group was something like: "People who win the Sinnoh League, along with the Hoenn League and Johto League, are invited to join the Champion's League, where my partners and I are waiting".

God knows wether that means that each region's E4 govern their own Champion's League, or all region's winners take part in the same one. The lack of Kanto being mentioned was odd, maybe their version was ditched in favour of the Battle Frontier.

The whole thing reeked of foreshadowing, what with Lucian saying that he will face Ash in the Champion's League and all. (Maybe he's part Xatu)

On another note, I love Bronzong's hovering noise, as well as Meowth's fantasy this time.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
I was suprised by how Gyro Ball looked in the episode I thought it would be like a steel rollout but it looks like a spining Focus Punch.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
The first part was Lucian's talk with the group was something like: "People who win the Sinnoh League, along with the Hoenn League and Johto League, are invited to join the Champion's League, where my partners and I are waiting".

God knows wether that means that each region's E4 govern their own Champion's League, or all region's winners take part in the same one. The lack of Kanto being mentioned was odd, maybe their version was ditched in favour of the Battle Frontier.

The whole thing reeked of foreshadowing, what with Lucian saying that he will face Ash in the Champion's League and all. (Maybe he's part Xatu)

On another note, I love Bronzong's hovering noise, as well as Meowth's fantasy this time.

....heehee, partners. 8D *coughcoughAaroncough*

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Wow, this sounds fun! I can't believe they might actually foreshadowing a starring role for the Elite Four later on! DP could well be the saga from heaven if it continues not only continuing AG's strong points but also rectifying its few weak points. I could well have a new favourite saga if Ash does make it that far... it does raise questions about whether Tyson got to challenge the Hoenn Elite Four as well.
I wonder if Aaron, Flint, Cynthia and Bertha will also have appearances along the line. Flint seems to be friends with Volkner, and the 8th gym won't be long before this challenge takes place (if it does). We could even conclude the rumours that Agatha and Bertha are related... which could tie her into Professor Oak... and Cynthia can appear in her game cameo places.

Huzzah for the shopkeep!

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
CYNTHIA? OMG CYNTHIA! *fanboy scream*

When I saw that pic of the E4's on Korobooshi Kojiro's Mukkubird Blog, I jumped up and screamed the above, and then I fell off my chair.

You have to beat the Johto and Hoenn championships as well? Ash lost, though! And if he did go back and win them, it might mean seeing Will, Sidney, and Pheobe, I hope...

(Flint = Afro = Awesomeness.)

Too bad Steel's resistant to poison, Croagunk running in and jabbing his glowing claw up the *** Cannon would've been funny. But Brock didn't battle Lucian, right?

Can't wait for epi pics.

What did TR plan to do?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood some above sentences. Ash needs to beat all three leagues to challenge the Sinnoh E4, or Ash needs to beat each league to challenge that regions E4?

Last edited:

Snorkle

Oh no. An emo gecko.
Well, the episode was indeed quite enjoyable. Lots of little things that made it fun ^^

The Elite Four cameo made me happy. He even went on and named each of them, and acknowledged that Shirona was the Champion, too! Big step up from Hoenn and that makes me hopeful. Chances are we'll encounter at least some of them along the road. I'm crossing my fingers for Ooba and Shirona. Ryo maybe, but Kikuno seems kind of dull when you stick her next to a guy with a bright red afro, another guy with bright green hair, and a good-looking Champion ^^;

Buizel and Greggle interaction was funny. Who would have thought? Its rare to see Greggle get worked up about anything, but hey. He's got to have other stuff to do than drag Brock away from Joys.

Buizel kept using attacks other than those Dawn was commanding, and went all emo when it lost. Aww. Hope it doesn't lose its bad*** streak after this...

And Lucian commanding Buizel in the end? I really didn't get what that was about...was he showing Dawn how Buizel should battle or something?

Apparently, Lucien mentioned that someone has to win a tournament to battle the E4, or something...

Really? Niice. That shows that the writers are sticking more to the games than ever. But I'm glad for that. It would make things more interesting than the done-before Sinnoh League Championship where you work your way up as always to win that trophy....

Too bad Steel's resistant to poison, Croagunk running in and jabbing his glowing claw up the *** Cannon would've been funny. But Brock didn't battle Lucian, right?

How would that work out? Greggle would probably get stuck seeing that its completely hollow under there :3

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
And Lucian commanding Buizel in the end? I really didn't get what that was about...was he showing Dawn how Buizel should battle or something?
Lucien was showing Dawn how she had to be in-sync with Buizel, and both of them think-alike to better syncronize their Team Work, which they did at the final fight with Lucien.

Buizel sad...was friggen cute.

Aww. Hope it doesn't lose its bad*** streak after this...
Next episode shows it with it's arm crossed, so I seriously doubt it. It just learned to work with Dawn better, which was the plot of this episode.

Although, Team Rocket not wanting Bronzong because it didn't have any crazy use that Giovanni could make do with in his daily life was funny, cause...you know, it's a friggen E4 Pokemon with an *** Cannon.

But...Giovanni wearing it on his head was cool. In fact, they could make a whole Tv Series of that.

"Supaa Sentai Dootarangaa!!"

Oh, and the music that played when Buizel fought Bronzong the first time ROCKED! I don't remember it playing anytime before.

scissorX

So a rivalry between Buizel and Croagunk; thats awesome.

But what really topped this episode was, yes there was an E4 member, but also plotline basis for Ash to acxtually challenge them. I REALLY want to see this.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
Oh man, their making this better than what i thought. After no one getting a fire pokemon, i thought it would suck, but it doesnt.