• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Elite Meet & Greet! (503)

Rebeccag

good episode. I liked the way they explained about the elite 4 and buizei being depressed was cute although i agree the swap should happen now npw ive seen some other episodes. Crogaunk was funny too. overall good episode

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I liked the ep, the plot was great it and was interesting that they focused on Buizel. I thought it was good to have an ep that focused on Buizel. It was newly added to the team and they had to portrait him in an ep, wgich they did great.

About Buizels strength, well he did fought a Pokemon trained by an Elite Four, of course he would lose. The part were they explanined what had to be done in order to be über champion/Master was great. I think that foreshadowed the future of the shows plot.

Swampert_22

Surf this/////// :(
I love the way they show flash canon it looks awsom

sleepysnorlax

I'm A Magikarp
yay im happy cause in the episode to get into the champions league you gotta win at your home league so ash is going BACK to kanto =)

Piachu20

We all agree then that...... This EP was EPIC!!! WOOT!!!! :D
Oh and Ash get Buizel in Upcoming Episode

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
That's the funniest title I knew of, " An Elite Meet and Greet". That's because Hikari(Dawn) challenges Lucian and his Bronzong using her Buizel, traded by Ash after some episodes. Keep it going, Dawn! Your Buizel can do it(if it learned a powerful move)!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode made me think of the Jerk Charizard era, with the not-so-experienced Ash having the ultra-strong Charizard that wouldn't obey him. At least Buizel's uncooperative period is thankfully short, but I couldn't help feeling glad that he got his butt handed to him on a stick by Lucian in the first match. At least things improve by the end.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Oh my goodness. I hate Lucian's voice. With a fiery passion so agonizing that it hurts. D:

Aside from that flaming dislike, the episode itself was okay overall. Buizel's personality was really shown off well ^^ lol, the best line was Ash, "Oh man, when you get stared down by Croagunk and nothing happens, then it's really serious!" Truer words were never spoken ^^

kemal07

seeing Lucian the top elite four member being introduced early was great to see. although im not so sure about his characteristic. he jus seems normal and boring

Rommath

▲_▲
Apart from Lucian's voice, this episode was alright. Dawn challenging an Elite Four Member was surprising, but welcome nonetheless. Buizel's rather strong in this episode against Bronzong.

kemal07

Apart from Lucian's voice, this episode was alright. Dawn challenging an Elite Four Member was surprising, but welcome nonetheless. Buizel's rather strong in this episode against Bronzong.

yep i agree bronzong seemed as if it had stronger defense then in the games lol

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it surprised me that buizel was so strong in this episode, afterall it was against an E4 member.

oh well it was a nice episode for the rest.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I thought Buizel put up a good fight considering it was against an Elite 4 Pokemon.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
It only took eleven freakin' years, but we finally got our damn explanation about how the Elite 4 operates in the anime. Past Elite 4 members only really showed up for the sake of putting Satoshi in his place, only to never show up again. And while Goyou does the same to Buizel & Hikari here, we get actual insight into the E4 challenge and Champion that acts as potential but not definitive foreshadowing. I really do think it would be unfortunate if this build-up were all for nothing, but it was nice that after a decade of speculation, we finally learned how the quartet is challenged. And Goyou is a pretty cool guy, as was Dotakun quite literally pulling tricks out of its ***.

One thing that does disappoint me is that we see a potential rivalry between Greggle and Buizel here (you can see the hype regarding it in the earlier posts here), but it was never brought up again once. It's a shame as it could have proved quite interesting. It's also funny to see how people pegged Buizel as Hikari's version of disobedient Lizardon, when in reality, her version would come much later in the saga. My other minor complaint is that once TR enters the picture, the episode morphs into familiar E4 episode territory and ends fairly typically. But it's a pretty solid episode up until that point, and while the battle was basically a slaughter, it wasn't over in a flash or anything.

B+

Oh god, it took me forever to find this episode. >>

I liked it though. It was nice to see Lucian, though I did not like his voice. Like Wallace and Steven, his voice didn't match his character (or at least what I had expected); I think he (and the other two) should have had softer voices.

And I never realized until recently, but Buizel is adorable. ; 3;

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode. finaly someone else fight vs elite four. Buizel was upset, but finaly it ovecome it's problems.