• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Elite Meet & Greet! (503)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked the way that Lucian explained about the Elite 4 and Buizel being depressed was cute, although I agree that Ash and Dawn's swap should've happened here.

ZilverLox

Banned
Charming episode, but I find it very strange how the writers decided to give Dawn such a powerful Pokemon such as Buizel this early in the series, to the point that Dawn doesn't have the necessary experience needed to control it well. As for Lucian, when I compare this episode to the other Elite 4 episodes I've seen, I haven't seen such a satisfying portrayal of the Elite 4 since the Prima episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Charming episode, but I find it very strange how the writers decided to give Dawn such a powerful Pokemon such as Buizel this early in the series, to the point that Dawn doesn't have the necessary experience needed to control it well.

Tbh, Buizel failed against Lucian's Bronzong here. So I don't see how Buizel seemed powerful. Besides, Dawn ended up trading him later, anyway.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Lucian's voice was bad. He was so close to Roark that I could've sworn it was Craig Blair, these guys PUSA is hiring sound far too close to each other, not to mention Billy Regan can only do one good voice (Yung) and a bunch of bad variations on it (Kenzo, Nando).

Daizy

I call you honey
Lucian's voice wasn't what I thought it would be. For some reason, I kept picturing him as a pedophile or something with that voice.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was nice to see that Pochama still had a small rivalry with Buoysel, and seeing Goyou's Kirinriki's match against a Hassam on television was riveting. Dohtakun versus Buoysel was destined to end in Hikari's defeat, although I couldn't help but appreciate the loss, because it gave Buoysel a reality check. I also enjoyed it when Satoshi tried to cheer Buoysel up.

Daizy

I call you honey
The DP writers would be setting up the biggest disappointment of the season if Ash doesn't meet them all the E4 between now and the end of Sinnoh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I kind of wish that we had seen a bout between Satoshi and Goyou, not just a quick one either, but one where Satoshi could've shown his improved skills.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The episode was decent. I liked seeing Buizel having trouble getting used to having other Pokemon around, but his disobedience kind of irked me. At least he managed to take one attack from Bronzong, even if it was not very effective. I liked it how he got over his depression after being captured by the TRio.
7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
The episode was decent. I liked seeing Buizel having trouble getting used to having other Pokemon around, but his disobedience kind of irked me.

His disobedience getting resolved so fast when he lost was a good thing, at least. I was glad that it wasn't a prolonged subplot like with Lizardon.

Scorbunnie

Lucian was really tough even for an Elite 4 member. I thought he would have Alakazam as his main Pokemon but he had Bronzong instead which I think was a shock but it still managed to manhandled Buizel. Poor Dawn can't catch a break.

Love how Buizel loves Lucian. Imagine Lucian's face when Ash comes to challenge him in the E4 and he sees Buizel

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Love that they actually let Dawn battle Lucian, the only time a companion has battled an E4 member. God I love how DP let Dawn be so active and involved and actually battle very regularly, if this was any other series (except maybe BW) it’d just be Lucian training with Buizel the whole episode alone. The right way to do a co-protagonist btw

I love Buizel’s personality, it’s tenacious and strong and you can see that while it listens to Dawn, it’s still not the perfect fit for her.