• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An end to the Ash and Pikachu era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle.

Pokémon Professor
With the Pokémon anime running for over sixteen years will there ever be an end of the Ash and Pikachu era?
I had an idea that if Pokémon decide to start a new series of Pokémon episodes with a new lead character for new generation Pokémon fans to grow up to, like Ash was to us. I had thought about this before with Brock being a long running character in the anime not carrying on his journey with Ash anymore, something similar could happen with Ash and Pikachu.
What also made me suspect that there could be a new generation of Pokémon anime is that how different the trainers appearance looks in Pokémon X & Y trailers and pictures. Maybe this is a new era for Pokémon not just the video games but also the anime. I'm not saying that Ash and Pikachu will finish there journey before Gen 6 but maybe sometime down the line Ash may soon be gone from the anime.
I'm not trying to speculate anything this is just an idea I had thought of and would like to share it. I hope that Ash and Pikachu will remain in the anime for years to come.​

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
That be nice even though it wont happen since the writers are afraid of certain kinds of changes.

Squirtle.

Pokémon Professor
I know, just thought it was a cool idea, I enjoy the anime the way it is. :)

fitzy909

Just another guy
i like the idea. i think it is time to have a new era of pokemon. with many of the fans who have stuck by the series for a while getting older maybe the anime should take on a more mature look. that being said it is still anime and as such it will always be aimed at kids, but it would make a nice change.

cropod

Legend in the making
I wish the next generation anime could focus around the actual characters from the video game. Like the main character could still be Ash, but he would befriend the male trainer and female trainer and journey together.

Squirtle.

Pokémon Professor
That would be cool but I don't think that Nintendo would mix Ash with the characters from the game. I would like to see a spin off season with the new gen game characters as the main characters.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i would stop watching the show if either of them left. it wouldn't be the same anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.