• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Epic Defense Force! (743)

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures so far and I already love it.

I'm not much of a movie enthusiastic or expert such as Cilan and Luke, but I loved seeing all the movie effects used, and Zorua as the Lion from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Logo :3

I feel this was in some way a development episode for Luke, to some extent. His debut episode had him made a rather amateur film, probably low budget and whatnot, but here he's made it to the big screen, Holly-er-Pokewood itself, use of so many movie effects, larger audience, overall it showed Luke is capable of making some awesome movies, probably will go on to be a great famous director. As much as I would like to see Luke again, I wouldn't mind if this is how he leaves the show, nice ending for him in my opinion, still if he comes back I wont complain.

As I figured, this episode was confusing(At less when looking at pictures), that's what happens when you look at something that has a bunch of movie effects in it.

I'm certain I'll be enjoying this episode a ton when I watch it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Obviously Luke's obvious Leavanny is obvious.. as if people actually thought differently.

A pretty rubbish episode IMO. All its done is increased my dislike for Sammy Oak Luke.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Actually, Best Wishes ends with the Homika gym battle. ^^

Meh, as far as I'm concerned, we're already into Best Wishes Season 2, it just hasn't been officially named it.

Seriously: Tachiwaki City, Homika, Pokewood, Meloetta? All Black & White 2 stuff.

Janovy

Banned
Meh, as far as I'm concerned, we're already into Best Wishes Season 2, it just hasn't been officially named it.

Seriously: Tachiwaki City, Homika, Pokewood, Meloetta? All Black & White 2 stuff.
That's true.

But I guess they wanted to have all eight badges done before Eastern Unova arc.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Still boring.

Glad I never cared for this episode. Sure some parts were nice, but "best episode of BW Season 1"? Never.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have to agree with the people who thought this episode was boring. I personally felt that it was just like the first Luke episode, only a little more pretentious; in other words, it felt reductive. I kind of knew that this would be the case ever since I saw the original thread, and my suspicions were confirmed. Aside from the predictable plot and the usual bright colors, there was too much Cilan and not enough Iris. It's starting to become a real problem in my opinion. A few things did redeem the episode though. I liked seeing Ash, Pikachu and Pignite, and I absolutely loved Luke's Zorua. The dude with the Krookodile was interesting, and the Golurk and mecha Tyranitar scenes were cool. I was honestly surprised to see Meloetta; people were talking about it in the original thread, but I thought they were merely speculating. The last thing that was strange to me was the fact that this episode aired in June, when it would've made more sense for it to air in July, right before Movie 15 premieres in theaters.

I was let down. I expected something great but got something only decent. However, I loved the scene where Iris was imagining losing Axew. It shows how much she really loves her Axew. It was a great touch!

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
This wasn't the best episode, however it WAS a change of pace from the usual episodes.

Would have been nice if Luke's Gobitto had REALLY evolved, but then again, it's not necessary, as he rarely battles, he is a director after all.

dman_dustin

Obviously Luke's obvious Leavanny is obvious.. as if people actually thought differently.

You heard it's voice? (From the scene with all those Pokemon) And it was Misato Fukuen?

Because Luke's Leavanny already had a job, can't see how it would have time to play a minor role in the movie. I mean where was Larvesta in all this?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That was a great episode. I do like how the writers set everything for BW 2 while conducting the story nicely.

I do like how they tried to make look like the gang was doing all the work needed for a movie (from planning, to scenary, special effects and even ADR). Sure, things moved way too fast (it feels like the movie took one day to be done) but it was still handled well IMHO.

And to be honest, I kind of feel bad Luke isn't part of the main cast. For just a recurring friend, it has an appeal of its own and a cool personality.

As for the downside? Some of Cilan's manneirisms seemed to be a bit too much over the top. Sure, the part with him "acting" as the villain was funny, but the ones were he goes all fanboy over cinema and this stuff kind of get annoying at times.

Anyway, the episode is still great IMHO

RickHoenn

Banned
It was a nice episode. I think this was Luke's last appearance.

Can't wait for the last gym battle of Unova.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Seems like it was a fun episode from the pictures.

Will have to watch it later.

Going through the pics I was like wtf Gollet evolved, ahn nah special effects.

Poor Larvesta didn't get to do anything.

SuperSonic

So the contents of this episode is gonna be updated into the pokemon movies in the anime section, right? lol..

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Who's That Pokemon? being Tyranitar instead of Krookodile has to mean something, right?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As for the downside? Some of Cilan's manneirisms seemed to be a bit too much over the top. Sure, the part with him "acting" as the villain was funny, but the ones were he goes all fanboy over cinema and this stuff kind of get annoying at times.

He's always like that. I'm surprised you've just noticed.

I get the feeling that the episode could've been better if it hadn't been a long commercial for PokeWood and BW2. The first movie episode was great because it was full of anime-exclusive stuff, but this episode featured too many in-game things. I wasn't a fan.

XXD17

Draco rex
mGM zorua was adorable :3...also, does anyone know what move the golurk used? The blue force thing was psychic but what was the attack where it shot beams of light out of its eyes? or that punching attack? I know they are special effects but they are still real pokemon attacks...

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Nice episode!!!
I like the parody of MGM logo ^_^
And I like Ash's movie role!
Nice development for Luke as Movie Director

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Wow, nobody's yet complaining about Cilan?
I felt he was gonna explode in the beginning of the episode, he sure has energy when it comes to things he likes :'D
Oh, but episode was pretty funny indeed, I especially loved the beginning when both Cilan and Luke fanboyed over movie stuffs!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
He's always like that. I'm surprised you've just noticed.

Actually I was stating I found Cilan's "over the topness" was a bit too much in this episode. I'd say it was even more played when compared to other episodes.