• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Epic Defense Force! (743)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I felt he was gonna explode in the beginning of the episode, he sure has energy when it comes to things he likes :'D

PFFT IKR? That was hilarious. The irony is, in the movie he DID explode. XD I love it how he really can't control himself when it comes to these things.

Oh, but episode was pretty funny indeed, I especially loved the beginning when both Cilan and Luke fanboyed over movie stuffs!

Both Luke and Dento are just so adorkable. This picture was my favorite scene.

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/15-4.png[/IMG139]

X3333 It's like the first time someone joined with him fangasming. XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Actually I was stating I found Cilan's "over the topness" was a bit too much in this episode. I'd say it was even more played when compared to other episodes.

Yeah well I have a feeling that his over-the-topness will become even more pronounced in future episodes. I've been saying this for months now, but very few people take me seriously. Thankfully this episode gave us a glimpse of the future, and while I know that members like Dento Girl are in love with Cilan, I hope his other, more reasonable fans start to realize that he's too theatrical for his own good. I mean seriously, we shouldn't have to put up with him in a Luke-themed episode.

Janovy

Banned
Thankfully this episode gave us a glimpse of the future, and while I know that members like Dento Girl are in love with Cilan, I hope his other, more reasonable fans start to realize that he's too theatrical for his own good.
And who gave you the right to call out other members? It's a bit hypocritical, no, it's VERY hypocritical from you to call out other members for being "in love" with fictional characters when you yourself don't realize when that damn otter doesn't deserve his screentime. Your obsession is the worst and thus you don't deserve to call out other people for things you do yourself.

You're such an Oshawott stan. -.-

gliscor&yanmega

PFFT IKR? That was hilarious. The irony is, in the movie he DID explode. XD I love it how he really can't control himself when it comes to these things.

Both Luke and Dento are just so adorkable. This picture was my favorite scene.

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/15-4.png[/IMG139]

X3333 It's like the first time someone joined with him fangasming. XD

I did love that scene as well, also enjoyed the scene with Cilan and Luke sitting on a beach and Cilan was wiping his tears away or something.

This episode really showed exactly how Cilan and Luke would react to these kind of things, what with both being movie enthusiastic, it's obvious they were going to excited, anyone who thought other wise simply doesn't understand their character.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I mean seriously, we shouldn't have to put up with him in a Luke-themed episode.
Um, well, Dent is a Movie Sommelier after all. So what did you expect? Of course he would be getting that sort of role in this.

When something Dent loves is involved it should be common to think "welp, I gotta prepare myself for some Dent fanboying".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And who gave you the right to call out other members? It's a bit hypocritical, no, it's VERY hypocritical from you to call out other members for being "in love" with fictional characters when you yourself don't realize when that damn otter doesn't deserve his screentime. Your obsession is the worst and thus you don't deserve to call out other people for things you do yourself.

You're such an Oshawott stan. -.-

I wish I could clarify a few misconceptions, but that would be off-topic. I'll just say that there's a difference between having a favorite Pokemon and liking a fictional boy.

Um, well, Dent is a Movie Sommelier after all. So what did you expect? Of course he would be getting that sort of role in this.

When something Dent loves is involved it should be common to think "welp, I gotta prepare myself for some Dent fanboying".

But he's an Everything Sommelier. We get a fishing episode, and suddenly he's a fisherman. We get a dancing episode, and suddenly he's a dancer. We get a space episode, and suddenly he's an astronaut. It's super annoying how the writers find ways to shove him down our throats. I know he's not a real person and all that, but it's still unnatural for him to have this many hobbies. It's even more ridiculous when you look back to the stuff he's said/done while he's been with Ash and Iris in a forest or something, and you remember that all he's ever really mentioned is Pokemon and cooking. So I don't get how he has time for all these hobbies when half of the time he's stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Every time I witness Dent being all hammy I have to pause the video to take it in. It's just so much.... Although for me I mean that in a good way.

I liked the episode. The movie was cool, I enjoyed seeing Luke and Dent being in movie heaven and the roles the group are given in movies are the roles they should always play. However I found Jaws (Luke's film-making rival) to be rather forgettable. By the way, planet Dentron... Ha, love that.

I know he's not a real person and all that, but it's still unnatural for him to have this many hobbies.
And that's why in my head cannon I believe Cilan was a completely different person when he was younger. Like; maybe he didn't amount to much and then came out of his shell and wanted to try many different things? Yeah.... but let us not trail off on that area as this is all my head cannon.

Hm, I wonder if Cilan will ever reveal himself to be a Cooking or Food Connoisseur (I'd expect it to happen in an episode which focuses on them)...

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
However I found Jaws (Luke's film-making rival) to be rather forgettable.

His name won't be forgettable though. xDDD

And that's why in my head cannon I believe Cilan was a completely different person when he was younger. Like; maybe he didn't amount to much and then came out of his shell and wanted to try many different things? Yeah.... but let us not trail off on that area as this is all just in my head cannon.

Hm, I wonder if Cilan will ever reveal himself to be a Cooking or Food Connoisseur (I'd expect it to happen in an episode which focuses on them)....

I have a head canon similar to that, which is, when Dento was younger he was shy like his game self. He always liked the things, like fishing, science, etc. He did those things to just get away from things for a while. Like his own little world, where he didn't have to talk to anyone. As he got a bit older, he wanted to break out of that shell, and so he decided to become a Pokemon Sommelier. What better way to get over being shy than having a profession of stringing words together? Then after recieving some inspirational words, he took a 180 and isn't scared to be himself (though, I can imagine he might just be a LITTLE over-passionate. :p)

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Well, when you think about it, it is possible. I mean surely nobody can be born with that much optimism? They would have to build it up.

Look at Pokémon Ranger Ben; He's extremely optimistic, but he wasn't born like that. It was his grandfather's support which made him so.

Rohanator

Gotta say, I loved how Pignite was out watching the movie and was there as Luke got his price and all. I mean, it would've been nicer if ALL of the Pokes got to hang out like that, but I was afraid that Pignite would start getting treated like a battling machine after evolving, yet he's actually getting some nice screen time separate from Oshawott and Snivy for a change.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It was an okay episode. It wasn't as good as the first because they filmed an amateur film in the first appearance, so they were onset and did everything themselves. They we're just in a montage of Hollywood cgi and recordings. I understand that that's what the movie business is, but it doesn't make for good tv. Luke's film turned out well though, and I loved the MGM Lion as Zorua. Nice allusion.

Meloetta and Team Rocket reappearing were nice too. What were they saying?

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... better than the last movie episode. Pignite, Pikachu, and Ash looked great in their space outfits. The movie itself looked great, although I felt the rest of the episode was very slow. Krookodile was animated very well, although I wish it would've been shown battling in the episode for the movie Jaws made. Zorua looked cute as the opening Lion (not sure what that's called...). It was nice to see all of Ash's on-hand Pokemon participate in the movie. Cilan was funny when he and Luke went crazy about Pokewood and movies.

50/100

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I was hoping for a Clevon Shpielbunk cameo :/

I wasn't expecting Meloetta/TRio preview. Nice little teaser!

I kinda wish anyone else would have been used alongside Pikachu besides Pignite. He's just gotten a gym battle and is about to get another...

All in all, solid episode.

I kinda wish anyone else would have been used alongside Pikachu besides Pignite. He's just gotten a gym battle and is about to get another...

I actually like it that Pignite is getting a lot of screen time.

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the episode, and this has got to be one of my favorite episodes. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe all those movies they were talking about were all references to real movies, just Pokemoning them.

I still love this:
[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/5/55/MGM_parody.png/800px-MGM_parody.png[/IMG139]

And there was more movie themes and explanations then I thought.

This episode really did serve as some nice development for Luke, showing his growth as a movie director.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Finished watching the episode, and this has got to be one of my favorite episodes. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe all those movies they were talking about were all references to real movies, just Pokemoning them.

I still love this:
[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/5/55/MGM_parody.png/800px-MGM_parody.png[/IMG139]

And there was more movie themes and explanations then I thought.

This episode really did serve as some nice development for Luke, showing his growth as a movie director.

Oh lord, MGM will sue! :p

What I didn't understand at all was the scene with the evolving Golett. The last scene with Zorua changing into Golett and back implies that she was playing Golett, but that couldn't be the case considering we saw two Iris' in that shot.

So we have
- Luke's Golett that's evolving
- Iris
- Zorua as Iris
- Golett next to Luke when they're doing their soundbites

How the heck could this have happened???

I'll tell you! Luke's Golett evolved! And nobody noticed it!

Here's the clue:
- First we see them shooting the movie.
- We see Golett evolve into Golurk. This can't be Zorua, as Zorua is transformed as Iris in the same shot.
- However, we see Golett returning onscreen in the movie after Golurk' petrified itself again. The clue is that this is shot before the action sequence.

You might be thinking: But Golett was scene next to Luke in the audiorecording-room!!

Think again, Zorua transforming into Iris and Golurk at the end is the dead giveaway, eventhough Golurk was probably just an error and was meant to be Golett:
- The Golett we saw in the audiorecording-room is Zorua transformed as Golett. Zorua is always onscreen in groupshots, yet it's absent during the audiorecording.

So logically, and hereby proven: Luke's Golett did evolve.

Deny it if you want to believe that some random Golett just happened to be there and just happened to be okay evolving for no apparent reason for some stranger.

And for anybody willing to counterargument that the Golurk wasn't an error and that Zorua did portray the role of Golurk:
- There's a shot where there are two Iris' (meaning Iris and Zorua) in the same shot as Golurk.

Last edited: