1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

An Epic Defense Force! (743)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jun 7, 2012.

1. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

The Golurk was just probably a green screen effect.

2. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I'm 100% certain there was some movie magic involved in all of this.

I'm pretty sure Iris was playing both Iris' as well, only one was mirrored, and edited on, although Zorua might have played her in a scene or two too. But I'm pretty certain the scene of both Iris crying was of just Iris, among a few other scenes.

Things were simply cut and paste from all over the place to have things flow nicely. It's just like when an actor plays two characters in one scene, the scene is filmed twice with both characters and the scenes are then edited to include both characters. If anyone who watched Austin Powers, Mike Myers plays both Mike Myers and Dr. Evil(Among some others), there are numerous scenes with both character in the same scene, of course Mike can't be playing both at the same time, and no it's not a stunt double, simply Mike acted out his roles for both characters of those scenes and editors put it together.

There is a ton of movie magic that gets put into movies, the actual making of most movies have a lot more confusion in them if you don't really know much about them.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  3. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

I know all of this... -.- I'm in my third year studying media.. I was just putting down a framework from which I think the pokemon animé would work... I doubt they would go into movieproduction too heavily. If they wanted to imply that Iris role was a double effort, then why did they have Zorua transform in the first place?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  4. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

Ahahahahaha I loved this episode. xDDD It was just one of those that kept my interest when I found it boring when I first watched it. XD I just loved how they had Dento do whatever with the Robo Tyranitar. Makes me wonder how much of it they had to work around. xD

Oh oh! And "LET'S PLAY WHICH ONE IS IRIS GAME?" What's up with twin/triplets and vacant stares? It's beginning to creep me out. o.o;

Jerimiyah likes this.
  5. Cartoonami

Cartoonami To know the unkown

So this episode is about to air in the states, yes. And Meloetta hasn't been revealed to the west officially. If they let this episode air and don't say anything, that's a joke.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  6. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

It was a good episode. There were some movie references in the episode like Gone with the Wind and Dirty Harry. And Meloetta appears in this episode. Next episode will have Roxie in it, I'll be looking foward to it.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  7. Did Meloetta have her japanese voice or was it english?

Jerimiyah likes this.
  8. G4Pokefan

G4Pokefan THE AURA IS WITH ME

I had really liked this ep. Especially since I'm going to school for filming myself, this was a learning experience for those who are actually looking for a career in the industry even though I alread know mostly everything they were discussing.

-great to see luke and zorua again.
    -the movie references (ex. Dirty harry, dirty herdier) nice.
    -I liked how during the montage, they were showing how to edit the movie on the computer and adding special effects.
    -the appearance of melotta and team rocket surprised me. I thought she wasn't going to appear til next week.
    -also liked how the second half of the show they focused on the actual movies that the teams had made. It was like watchin a mini-ep inside an episode.

10/10. I definitely love the pokemon anime this time around and the 5th gen. Looking forward to the pokemon black and white 2 games tomorrow.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  9. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I think it was its Japanese voice, but I don't know.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  10. Little Goomba Bulbs Jr.

Little Goomba Bulbs Jr. Active Member

This was interesting... seening a pokemon from a previous region for a long time, and seeing luke's movie on screen. I'm looking forward to getting Pokemon black 2 tomorrow.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  11. PokeRhymeBeat

PokeRhymeBeat Well-Known Member

Luke makes a better movie then Micheal Bay and M Night Shalamasamadamanama...kun!

I enjoyed the episode it was fun. Though the rival seem really unneeded.

The fact we saw the full movie was awesome.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  12. cg19293

cg19293 Well-Known Member

Agree with this, particularly about the rival being unneeded

I normally don't care for most BW fillers but this one was great.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  13. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

All that matters to me is.. did my Meloetta keep her Japanese voice, or is the dub voice at least enjoyable?!

Jerimiyah likes this.
  14. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

To the former question: yes they did.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  15. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

Great episode.. makes me excited to try pokestar studios soon with black 2!

Meloetta makes her debute! poor thing.

oh and the discussion I'm sure the golurk was done with zorua and green screen effects, since it showed zorua use an illusionto become golurk to show she played them both..

16. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I liked the naruto abridged ref :)

I liked how Ash referenced dirty harry(dirty herdier) even though he was 10!

Jerimiyah likes this.
  17. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

Meloetta did keep her japanese voice.

Anyways
    Really really loved this episode, a big improvement from the efforts of last week, and i nearly cried when ash said he watched dirty herdier.. just so gross ahahahah :) ohh and that va at the end sounded like diamond and pearl james..
    9.2/10

Enjoyed the dub more the original IMO

18. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

I initially thought that this episode was gonna turn out horrible, but the whole movie making bit and seeing the finished product completely changed my mind. I thought this was a really cool episode.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  19. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

This was by far the best filler IMO. Now I really want to try out Pokewood studios.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  20. PokeRhymeBeat

PokeRhymeBeat Well-Known Member

Don't see how it was filler since they did a game event plus Mello appeared

Jerimiyah likes this.