• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Epic Defense Force! (743)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh lord, MGM will sue! :p

What I didn't understand at all was the scene with the evolving Golett. The last scene with Zorua changing into Golett and back implies that she was playing Golett, but that couldn't be the case considering we saw two Iris' in that shot.

So we have
- Luke's Golett that's evolving
- Iris
- Zorua as Iris
- Golett next to Luke when they're doing their soundbites

How the heck could this have happened???

I'll tell you! Luke's Golett evolved! And nobody noticed it!

Here's the clue:
- First we see them shooting the movie.
- We see Golett evolve into Golurk. This can't be Zorua, as Zorua is transformed as Iris in the same shot.
- However, we see Golett returning onscreen in the movie after Golurk' petrified itself again. The clue is that this is shot before the action sequence.

You might be thinking: But Golett was scene next to Luke in the audiorecording-room!!

Think again, Zorua transforming into Iris and Golurk at the end is the dead giveaway, eventhough Golurk was probably just an error and was meant to be Golett:
- The Golett we saw in the audiorecording-room is Zorua transformed as Golett. Zorua is always onscreen in groupshots, yet it's absent during the audiorecording.

So logically, and hereby proven: Luke's Golett did evolve.

Deny it if you want to believe that some random Golett just happened to be there and just happened to be okay evolving for no apparent reason for some stranger.

And for anybody willing to counterargument that the Golurk wasn't an error and that Zorua did portray the role of Golurk:
- There's a shot where there are two Iris' (meaning Iris and Zorua) in the same shot as Golurk.

The Golurk was just probably a green screen effect.

gliscor&yanmega

Oh lord, MGM will sue! :p

What I didn't understand at all was the scene with the evolving Golett. The last scene with Zorua changing into Golett and back implies that she was playing Golett, but that couldn't be the case considering we saw two Iris' in that shot.

So we have
- Luke's Golett that's evolving
- Iris
- Zorua as Iris
- Golett next to Luke when they're doing their soundbites

How the heck could this have happened???

I'll tell you! Luke's Golett evolved! And nobody noticed it!

Here's the clue:
- First we see them shooting the movie.
- We see Golett evolve into Golurk. This can't be Zorua, as Zorua is transformed as Iris in the same shot.
- However, we see Golett returning onscreen in the movie after Golurk' petrified itself again. The clue is that this is shot before the action sequence.

You might be thinking: But Golett was scene next to Luke in the audiorecording-room!!

Think again, Zorua transforming into Iris and Golurk at the end is the dead giveaway, eventhough Golurk was probably just an error and was meant to be Golett:
- The Golett we saw in the audiorecording-room is Zorua transformed as Golett. Zorua is always onscreen in groupshots, yet it's absent during the audiorecording.

So logically, and hereby proven: Luke's Golett did evolve.

Deny it if you want to believe that some random Golett just happened to be there and just happened to be okay evolving for no apparent reason for some stranger.

And for anybody willing to counterargument that the Golurk wasn't an error and that Zorua did portray the role of Golurk:
- There's a shot where there are two Iris' (meaning Iris and Zorua) in the same shot as Golurk.

I'm 100% certain there was some movie magic involved in all of this.

I'm pretty sure Iris was playing both Iris' as well, only one was mirrored, and edited on, although Zorua might have played her in a scene or two too. But I'm pretty certain the scene of both Iris crying was of just Iris, among a few other scenes.

Things were simply cut and paste from all over the place to have things flow nicely. It's just like when an actor plays two characters in one scene, the scene is filmed twice with both characters and the scenes are then edited to include both characters. If anyone who watched Austin Powers, Mike Myers plays both Mike Myers and Dr. Evil(Among some others), there are numerous scenes with both character in the same scene, of course Mike can't be playing both at the same time, and no it's not a stunt double, simply Mike acted out his roles for both characters of those scenes and editors put it together.

There is a ton of movie magic that gets put into movies, the actual making of most movies have a lot more confusion in them if you don't really know much about them.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm 100% certain there was some movie magic involved in all of this.

I'm pretty sure Iris was playing both Iris' as well, only one was mirrored, and edited on, although Zorua might have played her in a scene or two too. But I'm pretty certain the scene of both Iris crying was of just Iris, among a few other scenes.

Things were simply cut and paste from all over the place to have things flow nicely. It's just like when an actor plays two characters in one scene, the scene is filmed twice with both characters and the scenes are then edited to include both characters. If anyone who watched Austin Powers, Mike Myers plays both Mike Myers and Dr. Evil(Among some others), there are numerous scenes with both character in the same scene, of course Mike can't be playing both at the same time, and no it's not a stunt double, simply Mike acted out his roles for both characters of those scenes and editors put it together.

There is a ton of movie magic that gets put into movies, the actual making of most movies have a lot more confusion in them if you don't really know much about them.

I know all of this... -.- I'm in my third year studying media.. I was just putting down a framework from which I think the pokemon animé would work... I doubt they would go into movieproduction too heavily. If they wanted to imply that Iris role was a double effort, then why did they have Zorua transform in the first place?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Ahahahahaha I loved this episode. xDDD It was just one of those that kept my interest when I found it boring when I first watched it. XD I just loved how they had Dento do whatever with the Robo Tyranitar. Makes me wonder how much of it they had to work around. xD

Oh oh! And "LET'S PLAY WHICH ONE IS IRIS GAME?" What's up with twin/triplets and vacant stares? It's beginning to creep me out. o.o;

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
So this episode is about to air in the states, yes. And Meloetta hasn't been revealed to the west officially. If they let this episode air and don't say anything, that's a joke.

SmartD

It was a good episode. There were some movie references in the episode like Gone with the Wind and Dirty Harry. And Meloetta appears in this episode. Next episode will have Roxie in it, I'll be looking foward to it.

It was a good episode. There were some movie references in the episode like Gone with the Wind and Dirty Harry. And Meloetta appears in this episode. Next episode will have Roxie in it, I'll be looking foward to it.

Did Meloetta have her japanese voice or was it english?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I had really liked this ep. Especially since I'm going to school for filming myself, this was a learning experience for those who are actually looking for a career in the industry even though I alread know mostly everything they were discussing.

-great to see luke and zorua again.
-the movie references (ex. Dirty harry, dirty herdier) nice.
-I liked how during the montage, they were showing how to edit the movie on the computer and adding special effects.
-the appearance of melotta and team rocket surprised me. I thought she wasn't going to appear til next week.
-also liked how the second half of the show they focused on the actual movies that the teams had made. It was like watchin a mini-ep inside an episode.

10/10. I definitely love the pokemon anime this time around and the 5th gen. Looking forward to the pokemon black and white 2 games tomorrow.

PokeRhymeBeat

Luke makes a better movie then Micheal Bay and M Night Shalamasamadamanama...kun!

I enjoyed the episode it was fun. Though the rival seem really unneeded.

The fact we saw the full movie was awesome.

cg19293

Luke makes a better movie then Micheal Bay and M Night Shalamasamadamanama...kun!

Agree with this, particularly about the rival being unneeded

I normally don't care for most BW fillers but this one was great.

matt0044

All that matters to me is.. did my Meloetta keep her Japanese voice, or is the dub voice at least enjoyable?!

To the former question: yes they did.

halloweenghost

Great episode.. makes me excited to try pokestar studios soon with black 2!

Meloetta makes her debute! poor thing.

oh and the discussion I'm sure the golurk was done with zorua and green screen effects, since it showed zorua use an illusionto become golurk to show she played them both..

LizardonX

Banned

I liked the naruto abridged ref :)

I liked how Ash referenced dirty harry(dirty herdier) even though he was 10!

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
All that matters to me is.. did my Meloetta keep her Japanese voice, or is the dub voice at least enjoyable?!

Meloetta did keep her japanese voice.

Anyways
Really really loved this episode, a big improvement from the efforts of last week, and i nearly cried when ash said he watched dirty herdier.. just so gross ahahahah :) ohh and that va at the end sounded like diamond and pearl james..
9.2/10

Enjoyed the dub more the original IMO

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I initially thought that this episode was gonna turn out horrible, but the whole movie making bit and seeing the finished product completely changed my mind. I thought this was a really cool episode.