• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Epic Defense Force! (743)

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode. It encourages me to make movies in the upcoming Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 tomorrow or soon after. It's awesome to see Luke and Zorua again, though. Meloetta making an appearance was nice as well.

firerank9

Aura All-Star
Great episode. It encourages me to make movies in the upcoming Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 tomorrow or soon after. It's awesome to see Luke and Zorua again, though. Meloetta making an appearance was nice as well.
Me thinks that Meloetta will play a big part in a later episode.

LizardonX

Banned

CuriousHeartless

Well this episode was...interesting, but not great. Personally, while we saw way less, I preferred the rival's movie. He seemed to be an anti-hero, which in the black and white environment of Pokemon is refreshing to see, and had a cool tank (And I like Krookodile).

The twerps' movie was kinda good (Except the really terrible UFO scene, the strange lip lock when Zorua and Iris have their first scene as princesses, Ash having to point out stuff we see a few times, and the strange thing about friendship between the humans and Pokemon at the end), but not as good. And the prize seemed like a bit much. Seriously, you made a better short film than three others, so we are giving you free use of all of our resources and backing and letting you make a movie. Seems legit /sarcasm/.

Plus the movie thing at the beginning annoyed me. Seriously, do they not have a single movie with a human actor or without Pokemon in the title in all of the Pokemon universe? Really the only thing I like is Luke's return, his new rival who will probably never appear again, and the start of the Meloetta arc. 2.5/5 Stars.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
It was a great episode. I loved seeing the whole film making process including the special effects and voice acting. The finish product was also an enjoyable watch too, its like we got two episodes in one today. Furthermore, I liked seeing our first non unova pokemon other than Pikachu in a long time and the meloetta inclusion intrugues me. What are Team Rocket up to this time?

On to the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Luke's rival soooooo sounded like the previous Sonic the Hedgehog. Jason Griffith's pulling double duty here.

Well, he can do that on the show. :p When youre in the main cast for the show, the directors may give a main actor an extra role for a ensemble character. That way they won't have to go to the trouble of casting more people for minor roles such as Luke's rival.

This episode was pretty darn cool. Glad to see Luke and his Pokemon are alive. It's actually kind of cool to watch the gang help Luke make his movie. Just yesterday after the episode, I helped my boss film as an extra for his show. Boy does it take a lot of work and time to make something like that. So it's really cool to have an episode dedicated to film making and the process behind it.

Also, Meloetta~ So precious. I can't wait to see her soon on the show. I mean, it's a given, since they left us hanging at the end.

LizardonX

Banned
I liked the references, but Ash watching dirty herdier? Ahh the perils of no adult superivison.

[spoil]
1 more week til roxie
3 weeks til cynthia
4 weeks til Dawn
9 weeks til krookodile
15 weeks til the end of TR in Unova
[/spoil]

We are so far behind lol.

SlimeStack

I feel like the appearance of a Johto Pokémon, Team Rocket, Meloetta and the Pokéstar Studios overshadowed the return of Luke and Zorua. I barely noticed the latter two, but enjoyed the episode overall. Either way, this episode is screaming at us that B2W2 is here. :D Well, on Friday for us Europeland dwellers.

As for us being so far behind, has the shorter localisation time for Black 2/White 2 caused the anime to be a lot more up to speed than usual? Do you think it'll stay like this? Fall behind? Or... maybe one day Pokémon will become a simultaneous worldwide thing. Which it totally could in that they already know immediately that the product sells. Localisation is the only issue. Apparently localising something while it's being made/written is hectic.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Ya gotta love the intro to Luke's movie... That small MGM reference with Zorua? That was soooo cute!!!

firerank9

Aura All-Star
Ya gotta love the intro to Luke's movie... That small MGM reference with Zorua? That was soooo cute!!!

Well it is his favorite pokemon. But I'm curious as to why Zorua First Illusion was Ash when Zorua was establish as ONLY wanting to transform into Females(as it is a Female pokemon)?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Well it is his favorite pokemon. But I'm curious as to why Zorua First Illusion was Ash when Zorua was establish as ONLY wanting to transform into Females(as it is a Female pokemon)?

It has transformed into Ash's Pikachu and Iris' Axew. They are males.

It was mostly for the movie roles.

Battra

Amazing episode, loved all the references to the Godzilla franchise. The reveal of MechaTyrannitar very similar to the reveal of MechaGodzilla in the original MG film, of course the Maser tanks from War of the Gargantuas, Iris & Zorua as Mothra's twin Shobijin, Ultraman Tiga reference with the Golurk statue being destroyed & Golett evolving into Golurk & growing big. Also loved that the showed the behind the scenes work & the ADR. Only quibble I have are not seeing Cilan in the MechaTyrannitar suit.

Blessed

A fun filler episode, I liked how they had to star in a movie and do voice acting. The villian role really suits Cilan, however we didn't see enough of it which was bad writing. Funny seeing double Iris too, Its nice that Luke won and acheived his dream but he was rather bland, he should be more exciting.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Amazing episode, loved all the references to the Godzilla franchise. The reveal of MechaTyrannitar very similar to the reveal of MechaGodzilla in the original MG film, of course the Maser tanks from War of the Gargantuas, Iris & Zorua as Mothra's twin Shobijin, Ultraman Tiga reference with the Golurk statue being destroyed & Golett evolving into Golurk & growing big.

Additionally, Cilan calling himself a "Cilanatron" was a reference to the Metrons from the various Ultra series.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I liked this episode, at least it was a little different. I liked the first episode where Luke made a movie with the twerps, and this episode was good too.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. I loved the Godzilla theme in the movies. I laughed when they said Dirty Herdier, I'm surprised that part was dubbed.

NPT

Just a member
"An Epic Defense Force!"

This was a fun episode. It was good to see Luke and Zorua again, I thought they would never appear after the Don Battle tournament. Cilan being the "movie connoissure" was somewhat funny, I guess Pokéstar Studios is the main reason he wanted to visit Virbank City. It's nice to Ash and co. helping Luck with making the movie, I thought they did a pretty decent job with going through making a movie with more spacial effects.

I liked seeing all the Godzilla references. The scene where MechaTyrannitar revealed . . . was similar to the reveal of the MechaGodzilla in the original Godzlia movie. There's also some Ultra references here and there, I thought the best reference to the Ultra franchise was Cilanatron. He reminded me of the Metrons. The MGM reference with Zorua was good too.

Both Jules and Luke's movie were good, but I liked Jule's movie was slightly better. Ash was the main hero in Luck's movie . . . . yet his role in the movie was short. Other than the UFO scene, All he did was stand in the background and point out a few things. on the other hand the Golett/Golurk stole the spotlight. Geez, in the Movie 15(Kyurem an the Sword of Justice)the same thing happened to him. Keldeo stole the spotlight and Ash just stood in the background. Even though Luke's movie script was kinda cheesy, it had good action and everyone acted well in the movie.

Also, It was great to see Meloetta for the first time in the anime. Team Rocket was after her for some reason so she had hide in a warehouse. Later Ash comes to the warehouse to pick up a prop for Luke's movie, and there he meets Meloetta for the first time. I liked the the scene where Ash saves Meloetta from getting hurt by the plank of wood, it was cool. It's interesting how Meloetta started to follow Ash and co. at the end of the episode, I guess she started to like Ash after he saved her from getting hurt.