• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Event Pokédex Entry Telling a Story

Lucariomen

Note: This was made when I was younger and I finally decided to share it even though it may be cringe. I was scripting some kind of fangame and I was proud of my big wall of text Pokédex Entry at the time, but not so sure right now. Feedback is appreciated!

#488+491-EVENT (Visit the Misty Ruins with Tapu Fini’s power at the Ruins of Hope, with Cresselia and Darkrai on your party.): Rai was a pure-hearted man that fell in love with Cresselia, even though she was a Pokémon and he was human. He studied Cresselia’s dream administration in a way he knew more than ever that dreams and nightmares were serious. At those times, Cresselia was known for giving dreams and nightmares, a very difficult task. An evil spirit created for the sake of one of her nightmares has escaped the dream and possessed Cresselia, which became a dark and powerful evil Pokémon depicted as “Nightmare Moon”. The creature infected the real world with nightmares and killed many people and Pokémon, making Tapu Fini temporarily guard Sinnoh rather than Alola’s Poni Island. Rai was sure Cresselia would have made such a thing, and Mew and Arceus used every last bit of its power (which would regenerate later) to create a gauntlet that would make Cresselia come to her senses. Rai fought Nightmare Moon and absorbed the evil spirit into the gauntlet, which involved Rai dying in the process. The gauntlet was given to Tapu Fini and is treasured on Misty Ruins, a place that once connected the spirit world to the real world; after a series of events, Misty Ruins has become a spirit-world only place. Rai’s last words were “I know you’re a Pokémon and I’m a human, but I have to confess, in all my life I admired your work, and made me fall in love with the moon princess. My dying breath is in your appreciation, as I know how hard is job alone, I know you can handle it all, but what if life wanted to throw you another bone? I spent all my seconds of life, trying to reach to you, because even though it’s weird, true, but a human myself and a creature like you, wouldn’t it be weird to say ‘I love you’? Tapu Fini itself recognizes work, and Arceus and Mew too, with the gauntlet they made. They wanted to save you, the dreamy princess, dreams and nightmares have a reason to be made. You make sure everyone grows up happily, patching personality errors: something that no man can’t make or have made. You control the yin-yang of night, I wish you luck, as the gauntlet drains my aura and I finish my serenade.” – He said as he faded away into Tapu Fini’s mist, which it started to generate when it saw Rai was going to die before confessing his love to Cresselia, “The Dream(y) Princess” according to young Rai. Tapu Fini itself, which as we know, is used to catastrophic deaths, cried tears that were somehow golden. Cresselia herself recognized the love he had for her, which eventually clicked to her as the Destiny Knot, making the dream princess herself fall in love with the deceased Rai. She delivers every last bit of her nightmare-controlling power on Rai’s body, Tapu Fini’s golden tears and the love both of them felt for each other, transforming Rai into a Pokémon that would later be acknowledged as the legendary Darkrai, the Pokémon responsible of controlling nightmares. Cresselia shined and transformed into the one we all know today, a pink-and-yellow night deity. Darkrai and Cresselia proceeded to do their work happily every single night, and both of them appear together every time it turns midnight on full-moon days, to remind them how their tragic love story that could endanger all of the Pokémon World ended with a “happily ever after”.