• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An extremely special team, careful rating though

lucarioman64

Hello there, I'm lucarioman64 I've been a user here since last year I think and I've only posted teams a couple of times. Here is the thing, in a DS forum in Gamespot we're holding a pokemon tournament, we banned some pokes since on the last tournament we saw them too much and to add variety the creators decided to ban the following pokes
Here is the ban list

Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus, Zapados, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Celebi, Latios, Latias, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Jirachi, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Manaphy, Shaymin

Old overused ban list: Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Bronzong, Blissey, Wobbuffet, Wynaut, Ninjask, Togekiss, Dragonite, Snorlax, Lucario, Weavile,
New to the ban list: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Alakazam, Starmie, Scizor

Removal from the ban list: Aerodactyl (this pokemon can now be used)
That's the ban list I cannot use any of those pokes and since 4 pokes from my original team are banned my strategy is ruined, please DO NOT consider pokes from the ban list as threats when you rate the team since they won't be seen in the battles also DO NOT suggest replacing pokes for banned ones example: Replace X for DD salamence. I can't do that people they are banned

EDIT: There is another thing that limits the teams....Item clause so If you rate please don't suggest 2 leftovers.
Other than that here is the team:

Yanmega@Focus Sash
Modest
252sptak/252spd/6hp
Speed Boost
>Detect
>Hypnosis
>Air Slash
>Bug Buzz
Pretty standard yanmega, it's a fun lead to use. Detect is for protecting against stealth rocks on turn 1 and get a free speed boost. I need to use that carefully because if my oponent sees detect coming he'll just set up or freely switch. Hypnosis is there to sleep one opossing poke. I know hypnosis' accuracy fell from D/P to platinum but in wifi if the hosting user has Diamond Accuracy stays the same if the hosting user has platinum the accuracy drops, most of the times I'm the one that invites my oponnent to battle and in that way I can keep the accuracy not so many people know this so it's a slight advantage I have. Air Slash and Bug Buzz are there for STAB mainly

Gallade@Muscle Band
Adamant
252atk/252spd/6 hp
Steadfast
>Psycho Cut
>Night Slash/Ice punch
>Close Combat/Drain Punch
>Swords Dance

The strategy is simple, Swords Dance, expect to survive a hit and then proceed to sweep, sadly is harder to pull off since gallade doesn't have the best defenses nor speed, I gave it Muscle Band instead of life orb because I need him there at least for 2 turns and life orb hinders it's survivability. Psycho cut is there for STAB Close Combat too, I'm thinking on Drain punch because it's the closest thing to a recovery move it would help gallade in many ways and night slash for the critical hit rate and the ghosts. I was thinking on ice punch since gliscor is running rampant these days and I need something that can counter it.

Milotic@Leftovers
Modest
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Marvel Scale
>Surf
>Ice Beam
>Rest
>Sleep Talk

Ahh milotic you were epic in the last Gen and you still are here only that not too many people see that and I'm not the exception. I choose her because I need a good wall, and now that blissey and bronzong are gone I have to work with what I have left. Surf is there for stab and ice beam for staraptor who owned my team in the last battle. Rest is for recovery and marvel scale activation and we all know how sleep talk works.

Electivire@Expert Belt
36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Motordrive
>Thunderbolt
>Earthquake
>Ice punch
>Cross Chop/Brick Break
You know what I plan to do, milotic might be good but she won't resist fighting with a jolteon or any electric type poke. That's when this guy comes in I switch when I predict a thunderbolt and receive motordrive boost. Then proceed to earthquake the opposing poke or ice punching when they switch for gliscor, don't know about the last move Cross Chop offers good power and good damage against blissey but blissey is gone so brick break could be an option

Infernape@Life Orb
252atk/252spd/6hp
Blaze
>Flare Blitz
>Thunder Punch
>Close Combat
>Swords Dance

Infernape is a kamikaze here, he is fast and he easliy takes down most pokes with flareblitz and since he won't survive much I decided to give him life orb to boost the damage a little and when the hp drops enough blaze activates and an infernape+life orb+ blaze+ flare blitz 120BP it's no pushover. Thunderpunch for water types and close combat for stab. Swords dance is there In the really rare case i have the oportunity to set up although that doesn't come up very often. I could've chosen mixape but since dragons and gyarados and other water pokes are banned I didn't see the reason to use it

Staraptor@Choice scarf
Jolly 252atk/252spd/6hp
Intimidate
>Brave Bird
>Close Combat
>U turn
>Return

The thing is epic, not too many people expect and since it's scarfed it outruns almost everything except maybe a jolteon. With weavile, the dragons and other pokes gone this guy can truly shine now, I was swept by my last oponent using this guy as a lead and only using brave bird. By that time I had sceptile in the team and flygon too not even dragon claws could kill this guy and don't make me mention the damage taken by u turn, so I decided to give it a try close combat is for any rock type u turn for scouting and return for stab

I know this is not a good team it lacks some strategy besides switching to electivire and the ban list add variety to the pokes but it ruined my original team so I had to come up with this. I hope you guys can help me and think for a good strategy. Feel free to suggest other pokes as long as it helps the team overall but do not suggest ones from the banlist in the top of the post.
Remember this is NOT an UU team since I can use some OU pokemon still. I don't know if this would help but I was considering some pokes when creating the team here they are

Pokes I was considering: DD Feraligatr, Ambipom, Absol, Scarf Flygon, Swampert, Absol, Vaporeon and steelix as a physical wall.

Please help me out guys
Thanks a lot.

PD: Really looking for: a gliscor counter right now too many guys use the yache berry version. And a good physical and special wall blissey is gone guys let's face it.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Use swampert. THe next best poke to use in OU.

I'd use a lead that can set up stealth rock at least, so you can take focus sashfrom other teams out of the equasion.

all i can do.

King45King

Im Just a King.
I suggest you put a Good Bulky type of Zapdos instead of Staraptor And replace Electrive With Swampert...Also your lead..There is a reason why yanmega was put into the UU section...Just to many Metagross/Swampert/Jirachi Leads Out there...I Suggest you Switch this guy with Metagross.Hmm...Maby Switch Gallade With Machamp ;P And there you have it A Dynamic Team...I'll Post the movesets of the pokemon i suggest for you L8ter. And if you simply cant get these pokemon...Just tell me and i will recommend some more.

~King.

King45King

Im Just a King.
~King, is a duba**. Why can't people frickin' read?

BTW:rating the guy team instead of comming in here and telling me Rudely. That i cant read..Just say it in a normal way..No need for insults Just say "Hey King I think you overlooked that Guide Zapdos and jirachi is Banned" No need to Say i cant read...Once again Atleast im helping him and not giving insults.

~King

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
Swampert would do just fine in this team with a stealth rock.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
A bulky poke would benefit you, like a Swampert or Zapdos or even Steelix as you were considering...

lucarioman64

Indeed a bulky pokemon but should I ditch milotic for the swampert I decided to go for milotic in order to receive a motordrived thunderbolt, if I use swampert no one is going to shoot a thunderbolt at it and that makes electivire kinda usless and since I can't use zapdos I guess I'll just stay with electivire, other than swampert people I need something more to work with just saying you need a bulkier pokemon like swampert isn't enough I mean what about the others?
And king don't worry man everybody makes mistakes, happens to the best of us.
Anyway what about the other pokes? what about infernape or staraptor or yanmega are they good do they have synergy, should I replace infernape? is there a good gliscor counter with the pokemons that are left? still so many doubts. If you could rate a little further I would appreciate it.
Thanks for all your help I'll consider swampert.

lucarioman64

Bump anyone? I could use some more help here please, if you're wondering what kind of help then read my previous post
Thanks

Calm PokeMaster

Why don't you use Infernape as a Mixed Sweeper?You already have Gallade for dealing physical blows and with Infernape AND Staraptor as physical sweepers,it gets severely unbalanced.Here is a EV spread for a Mixed'Ape:

252 Spd 129 Atk 129 Spl Atk @Life Orb
Naive nature(+Spd,-Spl Def.)
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Shadow Claw/Thunder Punch
Grass Knot/Stone Edge

You can also have Jolteon instead of Electivire
252 Spd. 252 Spl atk 6 HP@Life Orb
Modest Nature(+Spl. Atk,-Atk.)
Thunder Bolt
Shadow Ball
Hyper Beam/Thunder Wave
Siganl Beam

With Yanmega and Staraptor,it gets even worse.Agreed Yanmega is a good Entry hazard,but a Stone Edgeing 'ape will make things difficult for it.Also,like King45king has said,there are many better leads than Yanmega.

Maybe remove Staraptor with a Bulky water like Vaporeon with Wish support.Good Gliscor counter.Or keep Swampert if you want.
252 Def 128 HP 128 Spl def. 6 Spl Atk@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Bold Nature(+Def,-Atk.)
Wish
Ice Beam
Surf
Toxic

Last edited: