• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Extremely Tricky Team

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
I had a good idea expanding off my original Trick Room team, so please be more helpful this time! This is a Video Game Championship RMT, by the way, so remember that only Unova Pokemon are allowed, this to be used in a Double Battle, and no duplicate items. The credit for these images goes to Arkies.

593.gif

Jellicent
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Quick Claw
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def., 4 Sp. Def.
IVs: 0 Speed, everything else as high as I can get it (Though Sp. Atk I can let slip).
Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Recover
Scald/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Psychic/Hydro Pump

The best Trick Roomer of Unova, because it can't be flinched by Fake Out! EVs are to maximize Defenses, Trick Room is the whole point of this team, Will-O-Wisp destroys many threats of Unova like Terrakion, Recover recovers, and Scald lets me survive if Taunted, but I've been wondering if I should swap it out in favor of different coverage.

560.gif

Scrafty
Nature: Careful/Brave
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk., 4 Def
IVs: 0 Speed.
Fake Out
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Crunch

Very integral to my team. Fake Out prevents would-be-Pranksters from Taunting Jellicent, Bulk Up raises offense and defense, Drain Punch heals me and Crunch is STAB.

621.gif

Druddigon
Nature: Brave
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk., 4 Def
Outrage
Rock Slide
Superpower
Crunch

Quite powerful, and certainly the only Dragon in Unova who'd work in a Trick Room team. Outrage is, well, outrageously strong with STAB and a Life Orb. That and Superpower give me perfect coverage, and Crunch kills Chandelure and others who are weak to it. Rock Slide gets two Pokemon for the price of one. Life Orb powers up my moves and doesn't get recoil when combined with Sheer Force and Crunch and Rock Slide!

591.gif

Amoongus
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
Ability: Effect Spore
Item: Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Speed
Spore
Synthesis
Clear Smog
Rage Powder

Amoongus sucks because of his Speed. But in a Trick Room team, that problem is an asset! He exists almost solely for Spore, so the rest is just healing and stuff others wouldn't be able to do as well.

625.gif

Bisharp
Nature: Brave
Ability: Defiant
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk., 4 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Speed
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge/Iron Head
Brick Break/Iron Head
X-Scissor/Iron Head

This guy is AWESOME. Perfect Chandelure counter, and Defiant actually makes me benefit from Intimidate. Sucker Punch kills everything foolish enough to attack, Stone Edge kills stuff like that $%#@&%@#$% Thundurus, Brick Break is much, much MUCH needed coverage. X-Scissor is helpful for the many Psychics and Darks, and I really want to fit Iron Head somewhere on here because it gets neutral damage on Steels.

609.gif

Chandelure
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Macho Bracer
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk., 4 Def.
Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic

Deadly as his type. Heat Wave kills everything that doesn't resist it, Shadow Ball gets opposing Chandelure, Energy Ball and Psychic are filler.

That's my team. What do you think? I could also use these guys:

Banded Ferrothorn: Slow and strong, but none too good coverage.

Whimsicott: Priority is unaffected by Trick Room, and I could use a Priority Taunter.

Eelektross: Special user with no weaknesses.

Escavalier: Stronger than Druddigon, but also has incredibly suckish coverage.

Reuniclus: Just plain useful for Priority Magic Guard and Calm Mind.

Emboar: As Reno so truly stated, everything in the universe outspeeds Emboar. But in a Trick Room Team, the tables would be turned.

Please rate! EDIT: Can someone please tell me how to make the images appear correctly? Thanks!

Last edited:

dodohead272

you need one more trick room user just in case your jellicent faints whimsicott works nicely for that role with priority trick room plus taunt

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
The images do appear correctly, however I know that you got these of of Arkeis. You must give credit to the site. It's part of the conditions of use

I think it's a pretty good team. It has very few counters and once you get Trick Room up, you will have the advantage straight away. However, Trick Room only lasts one turn and you only have one user of Trick Room; Jellicent. What are you going to do if Jellicent gets killed? Your Jellicent is also vulnerable to Taunt on the first turn from the likes of Thundurus (for now), Mienshao, Smeargle and Infernape. Without Trick Room, this team is going to be outsped by just about everything and you will be struggling to survive just as it is.

What I suggest is removing Psychic from Chandelure and putting Trick Room on it instead. If you get to use Psychic on any Fighting Type with Chandelure then you are very lucky as you are playing a very stupid player. Having at least 2 Trick Roomers is beneficial as you can't always rely on just one. Also I recommend taking Power Bracer off Chandelure. This team is heavily relied on Trick Room, so you are not really prepared for the situation that Trick Room could be absent, so having a fast Chandelure as a backup is beneficial. Still make it somewhat slow as being a user of Trick Room itself it will likely be under Trick Room conditions.

Reuniclus would be great here. It just thrives in Trick Room, and it can set it up. I don't know who you could replace for it as your team is pretty well built type wise. Maybe Druddigon or Scrafty, I don't know.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^Trick Room lasts for 4 turns in a Double Battle (sorry about that, should've mentioned it before), which is ample time to destroy the opposition. Jellicent isn't vulnerable to Taunt by any non-ghost types because Scrafty's Fake Out out speeds Prankster priority, and flinches them.

It wasn't very responsible of me not to mention that, sorry...

dodohead272

not if they have a high speed stat

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think Whimsiscot would work better instead of Amoongus. IDK I just think it would give you a little more priority in there

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Give chandelure the macho brace if you really want to use him. The power items affect speed priority, not the pokemon's actual speed.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Comestarlight, consider the fact that Amoongus has a 100 Accuracy Sleep move and almost always goes first in Trick Room. And I edited to gave the Chandelure the Macho Bracer.

EDIT: According to Serebii's ItemDex and Bulbapedia, it cuts your speed in half. So I will be using the Power Items.

Last edited:

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
BUMP. I have now tested this team near to death, and they work together like a well-oiled Magneton, even defeating clearly skilled Japanese Trainers. But I have had a bit of a move issue with Jellicent and Bisharp. Jellicent has trouble when he's alone, especially against other Jellicent with Water Absorb (which will be quite a problem in the Championships, Jellicent is one of the most used). Bisharp has real trouble beating Fighting Types, so I want to fit Iron Head somewhere (as it gets neutral damage on them), but I'm having trouble narrowing something down. Reviews are appreciated!

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
On Bisharp, X-Scissor is probably the best move to get rid of. If you're worried about other Jellicents, give your Jellicent Hex, which pairs well with Will-O-Wisp anyway.

acetrainerbob

has written:
since there's a lot of jellicent, u can probably try to use an imprision move (im not sur if jellicent can use it though) to keep them from using their moves since they might have a similar move set. id take out scald and replace it with psychic (jellicent can use this) because the confusion status will replace the burn ailment and pyschic is super effective against ghost types

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
@3.14kachu: Hex would be good... If Chandelure and Conkeldurr didn't bother me so much. Swapping X-Scissor for Iron Head (thanks).

^As for you, Jellicent can't learn Imprison. Psychic doesn't confuse, nor is it super effective on ghosts... But it would be handy for its neutral coverage, Fighting Types, Amoongus, and opposing Jellicent.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Jellicent's 4th move should be Shadow Ball. Scald with help your survive taunts, but from what I've seen, most VGC teams have Chandelure. Also with other Jellicent's present with Water Absorb, Scald will murder you.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Another cool strategy for Bisharp would be Dark Gem in item slot. Run stone edge, brick break, and Iron head in the last slots.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
leavanny is better than most of them

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^lolwut? That is the most untrue statement I have ever heard. Leavany is horrible Outside of sun. Even there he isn't good. He has horrible typing and movepool. Every single one of his pokes at least twice as good as leavany.