• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An idea of four regions and four games.

grounder

*sneezes*
Okay, everyone who has new game ideas that are more or less just modified of the game system I've already posted, PM me the stuff instead! It's cluttering this thread already, and I'd rather have this thread for anything that pops into anyone's mind and have people rate it. I'll give credit for anyone that inspires me with an idea that I include.

I've been toying around with an idea I've had.

We all know that having all four pokemon regions on one GBA cartridge would cause the cartridge to explode (haha), but what if you could have all four regions (this includes the new Shinto region) included into four cartridges, then, as you complete the pokedex for the first game, you can upload your save game file to the other cartridge? It would involve the file being copied and traded, but that is similar to how trading occurs, though it would be more involved (I would choose it to be where the Professor's lab is, since he always has that weird machine in there that has been included in all the games, but somehow hasn't served a purpose yet).

Now, I know there would be a problem with levels and such, as the pokemon you already have would be too strong for the starting gyms in the other regions. The best way to get around this is to have all the party pokemon you have left at the region you're leaving, and you start out in the new region in the Professor's lab. This would include an introduction and all the other boring stuff you'd expect, including getting the starter pokemon, but it is needed anyway.

You can choose which region you could begin from, but you have to progress thru by the generation number (for example, if you started out with Johto, you would then go to Hoenn, then to D/P land, then to Kanto). Then, when you've gone through all the game, you could transport to any region you want via the Professor's lab mentioned above. You could also keep the party pokemon you have while doing this when you've completed the game.

There are also other problems, such as the rival trainers, and the introduction, but that can be changed according to the game you've uploaded from. There would also be a space in the trainer card showing you how many regions you've been into.

I know there would be problems with hackers and such trying to use the software in the carts to move save games to multiple carts and selling them at a higher price, but I'm sure that if Game Freak and Nintendo did this, and put enough effort into it, I would buy all four cartridges, even if they take around 4-9 years to complete it. It would truly be a master task, but if they put this plan into design, it will truly be a master game.

Oh yeah, and the traditional split of Red vs. Blue/Green will occur as well, but maybe the third one will be cut out.

Last edited:

esper109

HGSS FTW
it doesnt make sense lol. why do we need to play all 4 regions like that? its kinda the same as having a remake of gold/silver, fr/lg, d/p and ru/sa as we can already trade pokemon

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I can see what you're getting at... but alternatively, do wht G/S/C did and put two regions on one cartridge....
and what about the Collesium region(s?)... do they get no such love? XD

grounder

*sneezes*
I can see what you're getting at... but alternatively, do wht G/S/C did and put two regions on one cartridge....
and what about the Collesium region(s?)... do they get no such love? XD
The Kanto region on G/S/C was severly restricted, that's why I decided to include one region on one cartridge. That leaves more room for more story and more exploring.

About the Colosseum regions, I decided that since they aren't really part of the GBA storyline, if they would be released onto the GBA, they should be issued the same way, but seperately. I personally don't know much about the storyline, except for the purifying part. So no, they get no such love. :p

it doesnt make sense lol. why do we need to play all 4 regions like that? its kinda the same as having a remake of gold/silver, fr/lg, d/p and ru/sa as we can already trade pokemon
It makes the storyline more involved in the individual regions, instead of moving the story to another place. I don't like it when the storyline leechs the story in the main region to the next region. The way I described it makes the story flow better imo, and it makes a good continuation when you have nothing left to do after you've completed your pokedex. It also makes the release dates easier to go through, making the cartridges more like expansion packs in one way.

esper109

HGSS FTW
It makes the storyline more involved in the individual regions, instead of moving the story to another place. I don't like it when the storyline leechs the story in the main region to the next region. The way I described it makes the story flow better imo, and it makes a good continuation when you have nothing left to do after you've completed your pokedex. It also makes the release dates easier to go through, making the cartridges more like expansion packs in one way.
i think it is fine the way it is...i can't see the problem with it the way it is...If we wanted a good contiuation storyline we'd all go play Dragon Quest in Japan or something

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Complicated, but sounds awesome! I'd love it, but
1. it'd have to be for Nitendo DS, Sp is falling in popularity and beginning to get obsolete

2. it would ROCK if you could pick which person you'd want to be: Red, Green, Crystal, Gold, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond or Pearl! And your rival too!

3. we wouldn't want the same Kanto problem we had in GSC, Kanto stank like my old sneakers ._.;

But the purpose is good and clear: to continue where you left off. I would love to do that in Crystal, I had an awesome party, game, but it ended after defeating Red. I wanted to continue the saga on Stadium 2 but sadly I don't have it or a N64 :(

falconex

falcon trainer
yea that would be sweet but how bout that without all the confusing crap.
why cant you just have all 1 game like gold/silver/crystal when you finish johto you go to kanto well how bout its like that but with all four regions like you can just take a ship at any time you want to like hoenn or shinou or kanto or johto or anything.
so its alot more simple no hard trading stuff just travel to the other region and viola!!! there it is.
so yay thats my idea hope people listen to me and my awesomely insane ideas.

grounder

*sneezes*
yea that would be sweet but how bout that without all the confusing crap.
why cant you just have all 1 game like gold/silver/crystal when you finish johto you go to kanto well how bout its like that but with all four regions like you can just take a ship at any time you want to like hoenn or shinou or kanto or johto or anything.
so its alot more simple no hard trading stuff just travel to the other region and viola!!! there it is.
so yay thats my idea hope people listen to me and my awesomely insane ideas.
Viola? What do violas have to do with this?

Besides, I've already explained this already... Maybe I'll dumb it down for you, using sub-par vocabulary. Or, maybe I'll show you a quote the post just above you.
Krys said:
3. we wouldn't want the same Kanto problem we had in GSC, Kanto stank like my old sneakers ._.;
Actually, Kanto stank worse in GSC than Krys's old sneakers, seeing that most of the caves had collapsed, like Cerulean Cave, Mt. Moon and Pokemon Tower was a joke, and there was no way to find out where Giovanni had hidden. The only benefit from Kanto was Mt. Silver, and that was really in Johto anyway.

grounder

*sneezes*
I think that would be an awesome idea! but you can't trade over until you beat the second game so then you can trade over?

You beat any of the four games by completing the pokedex for the region you are in. The professor in that region takes up your pokedex and your pokemon to keep them safe and sends you onto the next region's lab with that machine that he always seems to have in his lab, but is never used.

When you beat all four of the games, you can then travel between every one of the four regions, while keeping your party pokemon that you have.

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
I have made up two games, Knockout & Blastdown. In there you start on a little island behind pallet town. You choose a starter of the kant starters and you also get a second pokemon. If your game is KO, you get a fighting pokemon from a generation i have made, and if you have BD you get a gun (new type) pokemon that is a counterpart to the fighting one. You go through kanto the same way as in FR/LG, and when you have found the ruby Oak gives you an offer. The offer is that you, when you feel ready, cant travel to johto and the last 4 sevii islands. You cant return to kanto, and you can only bring the fight/gun 2nd starter with you. There you will get a johto starter. After getting the sapphire elm will let you travel further, to hoenn. There you will find the emerald, and get to archipelago, a region i have made that is inhabited by the pokemon of the same generation as the fight/gun 2nd starter. In archipelago you will find diamond that takes you to the bonus region diamond town, from where you can travel between all the regions.

Kinda same idea, isn't it?
And, yeah, the rival is your big brother through the whole game, but you encounter the other trainers (may, brendan, whatever-the-names-is FR/LG trainers and G/S/C trainers) and their rivals.

grounder

*sneezes*
I have made up two games, Knockout & Blastdown. In there you start on a little island behind pallet town. You choose a starter of the kant starters and you also get a second pokemon. If your game is KO, you get a fighting pokemon from a generation i have made, and if you have BD you get a gun (new type) pokemon that is a counterpart to the fighting one. You go through kanto the same way as in FR/LG, and when you have found the ruby Oak gives you an offer. The offer is that you, when you feel ready, cant travel to johto and the last 4 sevii islands. You cant return to kanto, and you can only bring the fight/gun 2nd starter with you. There you will get a johto starter. After getting the sapphire elm will let you travel further, to hoenn. There you will find the emerald, and get to archipelago, a region i have made that is inhabited by the pokemon of the same generation as the fight/gun 2nd starter. In archipelago you will find diamond that takes you to the bonus region diamond town, from where you can travel between all the regions.

Kinda same idea, isn't it?
And, yeah, the rival is your big brother through the whole game, but you encounter the other trainers (may, brendan, whatever-the-names-is FR/LG trainers and G/S/C trainers) and their rivals.
The new type 'gun' might be a bit offensive to parents. But, I like the idea of Diamond Town, kinda like the Warp Zone in Mario, which I LOVED!!!

Arcanine Royale

I can't see a four region series be on the GBA, DS, or even the Wii. Though I could see it work as a MMORPG. Think about it. Then there wouldn't be any problems with transfering over pokemon and regions problems. Just start in one region and work through them.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
No. I prefer it the way it is. Your idea would have all of the regions watered down and such. They would never do this because of the loss in revenue. They make more money by selling them seperate.

~Ero Oyagi~

That would be good as long as it's not like Kanto on GSC, it was only there for a few specific things anyway. The Colosseum region (Orre) doesn't really count because as an RPG it was awful IMO. So no more Orre please. But yeah, good idea :)

grounder

*sneezes*
That would be good as long as it's not like Kanto on GSC, it was only there for a few specific things anyway. The Colosseum region (Orre) doesn't really count because as an RPG it was awful IMO. So no more Orre please. But yeah, good idea :)

That's the reason why I thought up of this, because even Battle Tower is more significant than the Kanto region in GSC. Or are you talking to someone else?

Elite 4

Pokemon is for nerds
Your not the only one who has said this.

It would be IMPOSSIBLE to fit all the data into one cartridge.

Plus, it would take forver.

Battra

I like that idea sounds good Nintendo and Game Freak should get on that right away.