• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Illusionist's Dream (Into My Mind) - PG-13

Hooo boy this is an odd one. It is a Pokemon fic despite what you may garner from the Prologue (Hint, it's my muse Chikarma, he sucks at regular chess let alone the Destiny Board version :D) but you'd not suspect a thing from this first bit.

This of course is following one who decided and is what the fourth developement in the very ****ed up universe that is S&C and my personal trademark. A good old wander into the thoughts I have, the dreams and an awful lot of wishful thinking. I do have a wierd way of looking at things but I always found this as well as my scrawlings a good look into that all essential question.

Who the hell I really am and where exactly reality and the false really do dettach.

But sides from that, the Prologue is designed to give nothing away of the result of the choice but something purely to get you to think. What if you were given this chance? I'm curious...

Of the three fics I'm currently lobbying around this'll probably be updated far more sproadically being more personal but hey. A girl can dream can't she? An early warning but anywho, enjoy.

An Illusionist's Dream (Into My Mind)
Prologue​

‘Human, pawn, forward two spaces.’

‘Again? Fine, I’ll move my Priest.’

I have a question, a simple one really.

What would you do if one day, you were given the chance of a lifetime?

I’m not talking about your dream job, a child or maybe that holiday you’ve been saving up for years to blitz on one occasion. That’s far too… small thinking.

No, this chance would be a single life changing moment. A once time offer that no matter if you said yes or no, would infect the very time stream ahead and behind your existence forever. Anything you could possibly desire, it would be done.

What would your answer be? Be honest.

You see there are strange little… anomalies you could call them lurking about that the majority will never notice. People will be born, live and die never suspecting a thing as these guys don’t exactly present themselves to just anybody otherwise the world would probably have imploded thousands of times over by now fuelled by the those have a serious break down.

These beings, Fates, exist as a means of granting ever so lucky people this chance. They are gifted with amazing power that not long ago would be considered little short of Godhood hidden away in mere mortal bodies. It’s a perfect disguise really and far more fun for them.

The Fates can grant the greatest wish that a person might devote their entire life towards from any moment in time. If you pray hard enough, dream of nothing else but your desire and look to it with every fibre of your existence, only then might they come.

If they bother at all of course.

Understandably, a gift of such magnificence requires a donation of sorts after the words of desire are spoken as proof. There is always that risk a believer will turn unworthy of their wish if their cause is caused by unjust in their hearts and with such power could spread their corruption into more than fantasy.

For this chance, would you personally be willing to put your very beating heart on the line? Be able to throw yourself towards the gaping maw of the Deep Beyonder with unwavering faith? Cling to the thought so tightly that the whispers from your mind will catch you before your breath leaves and have narry a trace of fear?

At the edge of the world dear follower, would you throw everything away into one jump, to gain what you desire most of all?

Your answer would only need to be a yes, or a no, nothing more and nothing less. That is all that is all they need to begin the brand new chain and cast aside the former reality aside or grant you the ability to disappear from a life forever no memory of what you just tossed aside.

An impossibility to do such a thing you may answer. There is surely not a person alive who would throw everything they have ever known for a chance they may not even get! After all a wish may not even be granted making the entire fiasco worthless!

But there are those so sick of a mundane life that craves a difference. Those who would kill for the chance to give a final, I love you; to a sibling they blame themselves for causing their death. Those who wish not to die in humiliation that would move the very earth to ensure their dignity will be upheld. Could even the more selfish desire of every guy in school to love them.

To them, this is a chance to right every wrong that blights their life; to achieve what they feel is the ultimate goal for their own personal happiness or end that the fabric of reality denied them through bad luck or otherwise. They might not agree with it being too big a sacrifice.

‘Think your farmer just tried to hit it off with one of your pawns,’ precedes a snicker as indeed, the marble figure attempts to grope the disgusted female humanoid beside.

This received a simple sigh of, pervert, from their side owner as a finger goes to nudge them apart.

Ample time for another piece to be moved while he’s not looking, the left Dragon Rider Knight is cast forward to snap at the lower pieces.

‘Check.’

‘When the hell did that happen? Ugh, stupid farmer.’

One “whisperer”, those who get the attention of the Fates did not go through with the even the sacrifice in the end I recall. They claimed that to walk away from the original life is little more than an act of cowardice that you must be too weak to accept the beauty of what you already have. A month wait did nothing to change the decision leaving the fiasco as another fruitless hunt.

For that, they decided to place him in this game for the irritance of time-wasted what with being dragged out to help, just to be mocked for giving the offer. Course he has no idea this is happening of course in exact times but he’s just lucky he happens to be under the protection of a good defence. Still, his wife walking out on him probably came out the blue but mistakes do happen even with the best of players.

The Parson begins its walk forward on the nova half, a holy man also being played within this game, walking away from his beliefs and their former protection to leave a target open for abuse. Another mistake but of the other half rather than myself.

A long time ago now, I too was given the offer. I chose, I became, I stretched much further than I ever could have predicted. Even on an altered path, unpredictability will always be an element. I am no longer what I chose to be originally now I can actually remember, at least not completely yet could not be any happier than I am right now.

Another figure, this one of the silk origin steps forward, pike at the ready as they begin the finale charge against the other side.

I chose all that time ago when I was offered the chance.

‘Checkmate.’

‘Damnit, that’s the third time! Jeez, I want a rematch!’

And my answer was?

Yes.