• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An NU stally team.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I have never ever played NU before but I love a ton of NU pokemon so I thought I'd give it a try.

;305; ;334;
I started off with a defensive core. Lairon has amazing defense and Altaria has great Special Defense. They have great type synergy as well.

;305; ;334; ;131;
I love Lapras and thought it would do well as a switch-in for ice and water moves that might threaten Lairon and Altaria.

;305; ;334; ;131; ;324;
Altaria and Lapras are both weak to Stealth Rocks so I brought in Torkoal as a spinner. He can also set up Rocks in case Lairon falls.

;305; ;334; ;131; ;324; ;275; ;127;
I had a good defensive team so far but no great offense, so I brought in Pinsir and Shiftry as great physical and special sweepers, respectively.

Yep. Here's the team:

;305; Lairon @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Toxic
- Roar
Lairon boasts over 600 defense with Eviolite so he can easily set up stealth rocks and phaze out potential set-ups. His only real attacking move is Rock Head but he hits extremely hard with it. He can easily switch in to any move the opponent is throwing at Altaria, as can Altaria for him when he's threatened by Ground or Fighting moves. He also can soak up super effective Waterfalls. Toxic and Roar help with any stalling that needs to be done.

;334; Altaria @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Cotton Guard
- Flamethrower
Altaria has pretty good Special Defense so she's great at switching in to Lairon's threats such as Focus Blast. Heal Bell helps support the entire team by removing status, and I gave her Cotton Guard in case she wants to be a physical wall as well, boosting her defense from 218 all the way up to 545. I gave her Cotton Guard to help defend against annoying Stone Edgers and it works extremely well. I chose Flamethrower over Dragon Pulse for the possible Burn chance which is exactly what I need if the opponent isn't poisoned yet.

;131; Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SDef / 112 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Toxic
Lapras has just about the same Special Defense as Altaria and can work as backup if needed, but she also has a decent attacking movepool. She can counter all kinds of things. Toxic is perfect for the team since a lot of it relies on stall.

;324; Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: White Smoke
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
Torkoal gets rid of nasty entry hazards that threaten a good portion of my team. I also use him as backup in case Lairon falls before Rocks go up. Torkoal's amazing defense stat of 416 lets him take a few hits and in the meantime attack and hope for a burn from Lava Plume.

;127; Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Pinsir is my major physical attacker. Choice Scarf lets him outspeed most of the tier. And, with Moxie, he gets a nice attack boost that will help him even take out some of those who resist him. The moves are really for coverage. Not much to say.

;275; Shiftry @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shiftry is my special sweeper. His Special Attack reaches 546 after one boost and his modest speed + his timid nature help him outspeed a lot of things in order to sweep. Giga Drain is nice because it restores HP lost from life orb damage. And Dark Pulse helps him take out dangerous Focus-Blast / Thunderbolt carrying Gardevoir.

That's ma team. I think all of the sets I put are importable once you remove the description.

Last edited: