• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Oasis of Hope! (864)

LizardonX

Banned
Not sure I would call Goomy's evolution a "decent pace" since it normally takes a long time for a Dragon type, let alone one from one of the pseudo legendary lines, to level up and eventually evolve. Plus, this is the 2nd or 3rd time we've actually seen it battle, if you count the two times it fought against Team Rocket. If they wanted to flesh out Goomy's evolutions more, I'd say the writers could've more than evolved it into Sliggoo before the Laverre gym & then wait to have it evolve into Goodra until just before Ash faces the Snowbelle gym

Everything evolves at Goomy's pace.

Ash boxes the spares for new captures.

Gotta catch em all.

jason0597

Well, Serena's Fokko evoultion confirmed (Like it wasn't already)
Anyway, a decent filler, not much to say

GalaxianEX

Why in the world are people calling this episode a filler when it contains an evolution? What's your definition of "filler"?

My favorite filler is this little arc called the Silver Conference ;)

I'm a little heartbroken that Goomy has already evolve, but I'm happy since I've quickly become a fan of his character. Can't wait for Goodra.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Love the updated opening mostly because of Braxien and Luxray's appearance (I know they've been discussed, just didn't think they'd show it in the opening yet). The episode itself was fine, but I'm going to miss little Goomy. :) Can't wait for the next episode!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Lord Goomy evolve, thats all otherwise its the usual, give me Luxray give me Goodra and give me gym battles.

Chespin opening the lock was pretty cool.

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
A Filler episode is literally an episode you can skip without missing on any important details.

An episode containing an evolution or a capture can hardly be considered a filler (even if the episode plot is boring as hell), so please stop calling it that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ha ha. I just knew the unnaturally huge Grumpig would get pardoned just like that... But seriously. Did it brainwash a whole horde of Spoink? Dear goodness, stop it with the brainwashing. I hope it doesn't show up again soon.

Dammit!

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
Did anyone notice how HUGE Grumpig was? It should have been only 2'11", but instead it was around the same height as Jessie and James.

The anime has never been accurate when it comes to pokemon sizes, remember how huge Nurse Joy's Wigglytuff was? and the Tyrunt from "What is this Key?" was p much 4 times the size of Pikachu. (or even way back, Ash's Noctowl was smaller than the rest). So an innacurately big Grumpig comes as no surprise.

But yeah, Im a little dissapointed about Sligoo apparently not being blind, that could've been used for some interesting development.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
But yeah, Im a little dissapointed about Sligoo apparently not being blind, that could've been used for some interesting development.

I think Sliggoo being blind will probably be addressed sometime within the next four episodes before it evolves into Goodra. There wasn't enough time in this episode to delve into that issue anyways.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
This episode was good. I liked the oasis's look, particularily.

The Spoin were simply too adorable for words! And Team Rocket treating them like that was simply hard to watch. I'm glad Grumpig was forgiven in the end.

Also, great evolution for Goomy! It finally learned a usable move. Dragon Breath looks great.

Rohanator

I guess focusing on the blindness would be kinda pointless since Sliggoo is just gonna evolve again soon, so it'd just be an issue automatically solved via evolution rather than Sliggoo having to actually learn to cope with it. Besides, it could still be blind but it's just not an issue since it's a natural thing for the species. It's true that Sliggoo are blind but nowhere has it been implied that they're all just derping around hitting walls etc until they evolve, their other senses must be amazing to make up for the lack of sight.

Tbh I think it's kinda weird that Sliggoo learned Dragon Breath, cause I mean we see Goodra use Dragon PULSE in an episode that's less than 10 weeks away. So is Breath going to be replaced by Pulse so soon or will Goodra have both, will Goodra learn more than one new move? Going against Clemont with just Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse and Bide as damaging moves would be pretty boring.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Ha ha. I just knew the unnaturally huge Grumpig would get pardoned just like that... But seriously. Did it brainwash a whole horde of Spoink? Dear goodness, stop it with the brainwashing. I hope it doesn't show up again soon.

Dammit!

Don't worry its back next episiode.

---

Why is everyone complaining about "Everyone" calling this a filler? I went back the whole thread and only one person said if Goomy didnt evolve this would be a boring filler, what is this everyone people are talking about is it actually an user called Everyone?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It was a cute episode, Every Pokémon out did a little something something. I'm liking Sliggoo and how Goomy wanted to battle. I'm guessing we may be setting up for Goodra take back its home and help the invaded Pokémon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved the oasis setting and how helpful the Spoink all were to strangers. Grumpig basically declaring himself the king and ruling over the Spoink was sad to watch as well, but I loved Grumpig's facial expressions in several scenes at least. Too bad that his crimes were completely forgiven though; I wanted to see more punishment.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Had Grumpig not made all those damn facial expressions towards the end, I woulda preferred he'd die on screen get thrown out.

But the episode was fine, it's not a f*****g filler guys, please learn what anime filler means...

Goomy's evolution was cool but hearing Volt so much is just agrivating man haha.

8.6/10