• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An offensive Baton Passing Team

ofan1987

I will also say that this is my first 5th generation team and that I don't have a lot of knowledge of any of the new pokemon left. I hadn't played the game for a while when I picked up White so I'm pretty rusty.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EV’s: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Brave Nature

Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Pursuit
Stone Edge

The Scoop: I have never used this pokemon… ever. I feel like this is a crime and I need to make amends. On this team he is a very powerful lead who can set up a stealth rock, take out the Ferrothorn leads which seem to be popular now, chase pokemon (especially ghosts). Stone Edge takes advantage of his big-time attack.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV’s: 252 HP, 196 speed, 60 special attack
Timid Nature

Thunderbolt
Agility
Baton Pass
Substitute

The Scoop: One of my 2 baton passers. Ideally he can come in early and start setting up everyone with agility. Substitute helps him stay alive. EV’s improve his bulk, and Thunderbolt is his way of doing damage.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EV’s: 252 HP, 164 speed, 92 DEF
Impish Nature

Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Substitute
X-Scissor

The Scoop: The baton passing chain continues. A very quick Scizor can now swords dance to set up his own X-Scissor attack, or he can pass it to one of the physical attackers.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EV’s: 252 speed, 128 ATK, 128 Sp. ATK
Hasty Nature

Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Grass Knot
HP Ice

The Scoop: Mixed sweeper. He could be the recipient of some stat boosts… even without it he has a great group of attacks that can take out almost everything.

Horaxus @ Muscle Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV’s: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP
Adamant Nature
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Dragon Tail

The Scoop: I wanted to include at least one new pokemon on this new team, and this guy looks great. If he’s receiving some agility and swords dancing boosts, he will already be boosted in his most important areas. Dragon Dance can boost him even further and help him outrun the quicker dragons like Salamence. Dragon Tail is useful if the wrong poke switches into him… Earthquake and Dragon Claw do some serious damage, especially after some Swords Dancing.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV’s: 252 speed, 252 SP ATK, 4 HP
Timid Nature

Nasty Plot
Psychic
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball

The Scoop: Special sweeper. I love legendaries and this guy was my favorite last generation. He very well could be receiving a speed boost from Zapdos, but even without that he is dangerous. Nasty Plot boosts his special attack to absurd levels. Psychic is great, flamethrower makes him versatile and Shadow Ball is there for coverage.

thank you to all for any suggestions!

xScruffyx

mmm, id get rid of either dragon tail or dragon claw on hax.. Having two dragon moves is kinda pointless.

Last edited:

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
I seriously don't get tyrannitar's brave nature. if its brave, then at least dump the EVs in HP since it won't be outrunning many leads now...

ofan1987

Thanks. I don't really have experience competitive battling, so I've never really worried about catching them with the right nature, etc.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
well, running t-tar first, youre getting sandstorm, which will hurt about half your team (and zapdos, your passer). keep that in mind. and technician scizor with bullet punch and bug bite are considered kinda generic.

ninjask has been the best BP for a long time. just use protect and you get a speed boost, no damage. on my uber team ill usually protect, hone claws (focus sash of course), protect, and pass it off to zekrom. the accuracy boost helps bolt strike and stone edge, and ill OHKO any dragon with outrage. also ninjask has killed off mewtwos and deoxys before with x-scissor. and a few revenge kills too

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Change nature for Tyranitar. Brave slows down speed too much. Re-breed is possible.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Change nature for Tyranitar. Brave slows down speed too much. Re-breed is possible.

Or even run 252 hp instead. Having fire blast is kinda a must on lead Ttar these days and he dosnt want to loose any defence.