• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Old Family Blend! (650)

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Muk appeared before the final BW episode, does that count?

Ash's Muk? Than my point is totally out the window :

My bad.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
After rewatching the Sinnoh League (for about the millionth time) I've come to the conclusion that the writers brought back all of Ash's old mons as a kind of final farewell, because, literally every pokemon that's not Pikachu (please note that Charizard DID NOT appear in this league) that appeared in this league hasn't appeared or been mentioned since (outside of the last BW episode).

I do feel that Satoshi's old Pokemon came back in this episode as a kind of last big gathering. And while they did all show up again at the end of Best Wishes, it was in a photo, so we didn't really get to see their interactions with each other or with Satoshi. At least in this episode they all managed to get some attention before the Shinou League commenced.

Daizy

I call you honey
I didn't like the fact that Bayleef and Totodile only used their old moves while Cyndaquil/Quilava got two new ones, Flame Wheel and Eruption. Good to see Conway and Barry and it was so cute when Bayleef slammed Barry.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I didn't like the fact that Bayleef and Totodile only used their old moves while Cyndaquil/Quilava got two new ones, Flame Wheel and Eruption.

And he evolved, which kind of added salt to the wound. But then again, the writers have always shown unabashed favoritism toward Hinoarashi.

This was a good episode. It shows it's never too late to evolve. Seeing Ash's old Pokemon was great. Ash finding Tododile in a fountain and Snorlax in a kitchen was funny. Bayleef jumping on Ash was great to see again after all this time. Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava and learning Eruption to get rid of Team Rocket was a bit much though.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Btw does anyone know what the ost in the Japenease version was during the montage of Ash reconnecting with his old Pokémon till the openning ceremony of the league when the fireworks were going off?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Really fun episode and a perfect way to hype up the Sinnoh League; seeing Ash call over his old Pokémon and actively want them to compete was so based (JN could never). Corphish, Totodile, Snorlax, and Bayleaf were great to see again and their interactions w/ Ash very cute and enjoyable. Love to see Cyndaquil evolve; the Sinnoh League was wonderful in terms of bringing back old Pokémon and having them contribute meaningfully to the tournament. Even seeing Charles Goodshow for the last time is a testament to how natural and amazing the continuity in DP was.

Lily of the Valley is such a swanky League. Four separate arenas and such a flashy, celebratory opening ceremony was such a flex on those other Leagues. Ash seeing everyone but especially Paul got me excited; Ash vs Nando is next and that’s a match I’ve really been wanting to see ever since I started watching. The best League is here fr

Last edited:
Really fun episode and a perfect way to hype up the Sinnoh League; seeing Ash call over his old Pokémon and actively want them to compete was so based (JN could never). Corphish, Totodile, Snorlax, and Bayleaf were great to see again and their interactions w/ Ash very cute and enjoyable. Love to see Cyndaquil evolve; the Sinnoh League was wonderful in terms of bringing back old Pokémon and having them contribute meaningfully to the tournament. Even seeing Charles Goodshow for the last time is a testament to how natural and amazing the continuity in DP was.

Lily of the Valley is such a swanky League. Four separate arenas and such a flashy, celebratory opening ceremony was such a flex on those other Leagues. Ash seeing everyone but especially Paul got me excited; Ash vs Nando is next and that’s a match I’ve really been wanting to see ever since I started watching. The best League is here fr
Ash should of had a Typhlosion in Johto.
Are you only watching select episodes or…