• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Old Family Blend! (650)

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
@Cybercubed and Thriller, lol, crazy banter.

Cant believe you still cant get over Sceptile and Swellow (and no, thats not bad writing before you bonegasm over it)

and Thriller, how does Torterra have a better chance against Fire when, like raz1337 posted, Sceptile is faster, which gives it better response time against Fire Pokemon (which are fast as a rule) and Torterra has no ground-type moves?

All argument sounds a bit flawed.......

TrainerOfLegend

Sceptile/Swellow were there from AG4 and AG6 respectively, which gave them 187 eps on the main cast at least. Nobody has surpassed that yet, not even Torterra/Staraptor.

Staraptor was captured in the second episode, which means that it has been on 180 DP episodes. I think there are more than 7 episodes left, but the title still belongs to Treeko, for now...

Oak appears multiple times.

He's still at his Ranch in Pallet, as with Delia I presume.

I meant in person, not on the PC talking. I want to see them both at the League cheering for him in the stands. that, or a short section were all of Ash's close friends are seen watching the TV.

Isis-sama

A league with only 64 participants . . . I have to wonder how many fewer trainers they'd have if Volkner hadn't been just giving out badges for a period of time earlier. I know Sinnoh has more than eight gyms, but still.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I can already see how the writers are planning the future, have Ash have a fire-type Battle Frontier facility, and then just when a trainer takes down Charizard, Torkoal, Quilava and Infernape with water types, Ash brings out Pikachu.....HULLO......THUNDER!!!!!!!

LostHero

Um...did anyone else notice that the guy standing behind Ash and Dawn at the sign it was the CotD from the episode that Brock caught Groangunk?

Nice cameo!

Also, the three that appeared in the line, including the Gymbaliar guy, are not on the board of competitors and, if I remember correctly, that guy ran off with the badge he got from Team Rocket! Anyone else feel he might of got screwed over because of them?

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Um...did anyone else notice that the guy standing behind Ash and Dawn at the sign it was the CotD from the episode that Brock caught Groangunk?

Nice cameo!

Also, the three that appeared in the line, including the Gymbaliar guy, are not on the board of competitors and, if I remember correctly, that guy ran off with the badge he got from Team Rocket! Anyone else feel he might of got screwed over because of them?

Where are you talking about? When they got off the ship or in line to register? I checked Gymbaliar, and there was the girl CotD and a boy they screwed with with a sandslash. Who were you talking about and when?

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
The only way I don't see Sceptile making an appearance is if they plan on Ash winning E4 and bringing him out as one of his big dogs there.

I can't see any other logical reason the writers would go through trouble of going down memory lane but leaving one of Ash's powerhouses on the bench when he's a simple phone call to Oak away.

LostHero

Where are you talking about? When they got off the ship or in line to register? I checked Gymbaliar, and there was the girl CotD and a boy they screwed with with a sandslash. Who were you talking about and when?

When Ash is registering, he is the guy DIRECTLY behind him with huge hair and a Luxray. His design was used at the VERY beginning of Gymbaliar, fighting against Jessie at the fake gym, where he used Marowack and won. He is on the top of this page: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/476.shtml.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
- Look at Cynthia, just her presence tells me SOMEONE is gonna battler her, and that battle will be the focus of the episode.
That's what I thought. It would sort of explain why the league is going so fast. Maybe, to be the champion of the Sinnoh League, you have to beat the champion. Could give Ash winning predictions some credibility.

PePer

- Look at Cynthia, just her presence tells me SOMEONE is gonna battler her, and that battle will be the focus of the episode.

Yes, that someone who is going to battle her is none else than Flint from E4. It has been said, but I doubt it will get more than minute of focus.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I can't see any other logical reason the writers would go through trouble of going down memory lane but leaving one of Ash's powerhouses on the bench when he's a simple phone call to Oak away.

Don't forget Swellow. Why would Corphish/Torkoal/Glalie be there but not Sceptile and Swellow?

And then there's the Kanto starters...

raz1337

Miju Miju!
When Ash is registering, he is the guy DIRECTLY behind him with huge hair and a Luxray. His design was used at the VERY beginning of Gymbaliar, fighting against Jessie at the fake gym, where he used Marowack and won. He is on the top of this page: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/476.shtml.

Damn, dude, that's a great catch.

But who's to say Charizard won't be flying in from the sky in a few episodes? It makes me think of the Battle Frontier saga. Phanpy joining the team alone was enough of a hint of reserve Pokemon being used. It makes me curious about which came first...Emerald or the Advanced Battle opening.

TrainerOfLegend

A league with only 64 participants . . . I have to wonder how many fewer trainers they'd have if Volkner hadn't been just giving out badges for a period of time earlier. I know Sinnoh has more than eight gyms, but still.

This is new. Episode title please? And yeah, the choice of Pokemon might seem weird at first, but...

Swellow not being there: Staraptor, because of Sinnoh, and Noctowl because of his long abscence.

Sceptile not being there: Torterra hasn't done much except battle Bertha since it evolved. And Bayleaf, like Noctowl, wasn't seen in a while.

I think Ash took torkoal because he only has one other fire type, Infernape. Glalie because it's Ash's only Ice-type. Corpfish... That one's a mystery. it would make more sense if it was just Totodile, as he hasn't been seen in a while. Corpfish had a little too much screentime in Hoenn...

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Wow....................................htf did you catch that?!?! Jeez.............omg.....................................I cant believe that out of all the random characters you remembered that...................f**k me mate, f**k me...............

This is new. Episode title please?

I cant remember the title, but if someone else can refer you to it, theres an ep where Ash sees Paul on TV after Paul has won his 8th badge, and the TV shows he doenst have the Beacon Badge, but an animé exclusive badge. Plus, you got DP163 where Paul disses Barry about taking a freebie Beacon Badge, saying that Sunnyshore is the worst gym and he would never compete there. Meaning there are at least 9 gyms in Sinnoh.

TrainerOfLegend

Oh, ok. looked up that episode and saw what you mean, thanks!

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
This was a great episode, though I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't get to see Ash's and Dawn's Cyndaquil interacting. Though somehow I get the feeling that if TR hadn't stolen the pokeballs at the start, there would have been time for that. Though I gotta wonder are TR just that dumb or do they just want to try to give Ash and friends a sporting chance cuz they seriously just waited outside for Ash and co to realize his pokeballs have been stolen after they had gotten the pokeballs before they tried to run away. Though I gotta hand it to their mech, it was sturdy, but I guess since they won't (I hope) be doing any meddling for the next bunch of episodes, they had to get their worth.

I really did find the scene at registration funny just because of the fact that Heatran was just so out of place in there. I mean it's like Pikachu, Piplup, Purugly, Luxray, Heatran......-*music skids to a stop and camera zooms back to Heatran*Heatran?!

But the best part of the episode by far, was Cyndaquil's evolution into Quilava. It was amazing how TR were closing in on it and suddenly it starts glowing and evolves. Not to mention from that point it curb stomped the very mecha that was able to take a Hydro Pump, Bubblebeam, Water Gun, Thunderbolt combo and in one shot none the less. Nice to see that the little guy was able to keep his status as a bruiser even all these years later. He makes all of Ash's fire starters proud. And I gotta says Cyndaquil deserved it after not getting to evolve back in Johto despite doing so well. Funny though how now Infernape is the only one of Ash's fire pokemon who doesn't have a fire attack stronger than Flamethrower.

TrainerOfLegend

Funny though how now Infernape is the only one of Ash's fire pokemon who doesn't have a fire attack stronger than Flamethrower.

Flame Wheel seems to be enormously strong in the anime. I think TR just stopped and waited for them just to see the looks on their faces! And really, TR needs to get better disguises, although I imagine that they won't be needed for a while, since TR will most likely sell food and drinks just like in Hoenn, kanto and I think Johto.

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
The more and more I watch - I think the CoTD that LostHero pointed out is the legendary training. In this episode, if you look at a couple choice frames - the Luxray, Purugly, and Heatran all seem in line as he looks back at them all.

That would make more sense on the writers part to have this guy from Gymbaliar have Heatran than the generic hat guy.

TrainerOfLegend

Heatran doesn't seem to be a singular legendary. He was seen in the past in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, as well as in a Pokemon Ranger episode.

I think Heatran is just a normal Pokemon that can be found, rarely, in caves.