• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Old Family Blend! (650)

Tyrannozilla

Low-Leveled Pokemon
Was I the only one who seen Leona in the beginning?
After Ash Dawn and Brock get of the ship, in the bottom left corner of the screen?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Dub title speculation

~ Gathering the Gang of Force
~ Sinnoh League Victors
~ Transferring the Reinforcements

Torpoleon

Great episode. I simply love seeing Ash bring back his Old Pokémon and also interactions that they all have. Ash's Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava with two new moves was a nice surprise as well!
10/10

Fun Fact: So far, Ash's Cyndaquil took the longest to evolve, taking 507 Episodes and over a decade!

9Tales

Well, I was pleased with this one. We haven't seen Ash's old Pokemon in I dunno how long. And nice to see Corphish's original Eng. voice actor is back, right?
I also gotta admit, the TR Trio actually seem smarter when it comes to Pokemon League tournaments. Rather than come up with stupid uses for the Pokemon they intend to steal, they just go with their guts and figure they'll steal as many rare and Powerful Pokemon as they can for their boss.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Gotta love Oak's senior moment lol! I loved how they kept all of the Japanese bg. They even played the instrumental of Greatest Everyday!

Exeggator

Psychic Mastermind
Well, I was pleased with this one. We haven't seen Ash's old Pokemon in I dunno how long. And nice to see Corphish's original Eng. voice actor is back, right?
I also gotta admit, the TR Trio actually seem smarter when it comes to Pokemon League tournaments. Rather than come up with stupid uses for the Pokemon they intend to steal, they just go with their guts and figure they'll steal as many rare and Powerful Pokemon as they can for their boss.

I think dat's not right.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Awe yeah, now this is what we've all been waiting for. The Sinnoh League is finally here! Been looking forward to ever since Ash got his 8th Badge which wasnt too long ago haha.

Plus, when Brock said Pokemon trainers all over the world come to watch the league, it got me wondering if other generations past Gen 4 and 5 are watching. :p

One of the most random moments was the appearance of Conway, and showing up behind Dawn's back. Total Creeper, but it's awesome to see him again. I suppose he's competing too, since he's in the trainers village.

And then Barry comes up later in the episode, and says hes been attacked by a Pokemon. I only wonder who that could be. : P

What I looked forward too the most about this episode were the Pokemon that Ash is going to use. The first five that came back onto the show; Corphish, Totodile, Snorlax, Bayleef and Cyndaquil.

While Heracross was meant to be sent over (by Bayleef's doing), it was hilarious when it looked like it was eating Professor Oaks hair after not realizing Heracross. And it was also wonderful to see Bulbasaur, though when it was being invaded by Heracross to eat its sap.

Bayleef, however, was probably my favorite return. All because she wanted to see Ash again, and its literally been forever since the last time Ash visited his Pokemon. I call that an absolute bond between Trainer and Pokemon. Bayleef is so awesome, I went awww when she gave Ash affection and refused to go back in the PokeBall. Such a sweet Pokemon, and an awesome one. <3

Totodile and Corphish weren't all that bad to see, and I was happy to see Totodile chomp on Ash's head haha If only Gible were there, he'd have someone who likes doing the same thing; biting Ash's head! Shame Torterra can't do that anymore though but oh well.

Snorlax was awesome as usual. Just eating the food and being lazy. Plus, I couldnt stop myself from cracking up when Snorlax was just lazy and sleepy when Ash and everyone was facing Team Rocket. Just sat there but seem to give TR's mecha some damage. Just loved that. xD

And then Cyndaquil, I loved seeing it's amazing speed while facing Team Rocket. Probably the most shocking thing was when TR was so strong, all it could do in a critical moment was... evolving! Now we have a fired up Quilava. It's voice wasn't too bad I suppose, but Im gonna miss the cute "Cyndaquil" voice. And Im sure Dawn's Cyndaquil isnt gonna show up anymore. I'd also love it if those two even met, but meh.

Then the next 5 Pokemon arrive to Ash, and whom Ive very happy to see again; Glalie, Torkoal, Noctowl, Muk and I believe Heracross this time. I enjoyed seeing the gags again, like Glalie freezing Ash, and Muk glomping him. So awesome. x3

Then at last! At the end of the episode, the Sinnoh League and the lighting of the Torch is finally commenced! It's has been some time since the last league opening, and I cant believe how exciting this is. And, we have Nando, Conway, Barry... and even Paul who are all competing with Ash. Once the Round 1 matches were pulled up, first up for Ash's Round 1 battle:

Ash VS Nando

Gonna be a interesting battle of course, but it's a shame their battle starts so soon. Ah well, looking forward to the League rounds to finally start. :D

Wonderful episode overall however. Many of Ash's Pokemon return to onscreen, and it's great to see them again. : ) And Cyndaquil's evolving and learning Eruption was an exciting part. But really, the opening ceremony of the League was the most amazing sight. ^^

SmartD

It was great episode. We get see Ash's Pokemon and Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava. The first match up is Ash vs. Nando, I can't wait to see that.

Dattebayo

Banned
So after more 200 episodes or so, Ash's Cyndaquil finally evolves? Wow, I find that kinda pathetic. Bayleef, Totodile, and Snorlax put a smile on my face the moment I saw them. Gotta love the Heatran and Jigglypuff cameos.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Quilava appeared in early DP, in a tag battle episode. Piplup and Turtwig Vs Quilava and Croconaw, owned by the Champ Twins!

Awesome episode. Wish we could of seen Dawn's Cyndaquil bond a bit with Ash's and seen more of Bulbasaur though!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was awesome to see all of Ash's pokemon again. It was kinda about time Cyndaquil evolved.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
This was a bad episode! I raised my expectations high when I heard about a reunion of Ash's old Pokemon but I was disappointed, unfortunately.
Approximately four fifths of this week's episode consisted of Ash looking for and chasing after his Pokemon which got lost once again...Not only was the plot pretty unspectacular and confusing, it was also shocking how childishly all of Ash's Johto Pokemon were portrayed. I never really liked his Johto team anyways, but this time it was even worse:
-Bayleef literally sounded like a baby and they better call her Baby-leef or something like that.
-Totodile hasn't improved yet and still only knows Water Gun as his signature Water-type attack. No improvement at all! Paul would call it pathetic and I guess Totodile really is Ash's weakest Pokemon.
-Corphish and Snorlax were ..oh well...nothing to get excited about
-And last but not least we saw Cindaquil which turned out to still be a coward. His evolution into Quilava was nice but somehow felt unnecessary considering that it's going to be rarely used in the league.

To sum up, the first part of the episode was way too childish and after so many great, profound episodes we actually shouldn't get episodes like this one anymore!

The only positive aspect was the opening ceremony which I think was the most impressive one of all ceremonies so far!

And of course, you've probably guessed already which little scene saved my day and made up for an otherwise disappointing episode? ;):p One little hint: It wasn't the Wailord blimp :p

Considering how great the "introductory episode" for the Grand Festival was, I have to say that today's episode didn't achieve its potential and thus fell short of my expectations.
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the great battles that will await us and, of course, to a lot of Cynthia!

6 out of 10 points (including "Cynthia-bonus". Otherwise I wouldn't have given that many points)

BlueDragonfangirl

I loved this episode, BayLeef back and was all over Ash, so cute *Awe* Than we saw Conway/Barry/Paul again gah and at the end of the league HAHA Paul looking at Ash when he wasn't looking at him Comashipping FYI. Oh and I loved Oak was all, no way am I getting old like thatXD And was it me or did Oaks voice sound like James? Maybe I'm hearing things. I loved all of Ash's old Pokemon again, Snorlax cracked me up, he took down Team Rocket without taking any orders HAHA. And an evolution?? Wow. Yah, my favorite episode this series so far.

halloweenghost

Here we are.. Pokemon league time once more, where we Trainers hold their head up high. Great episode,.. we got to see some old friends, and the beggining of the league. Well done this round,.. I always get goosebumps at the opening ceremonies just like i did way back with the Kanto League's opening ceremony.

Here we go!

Vernikova

Champion
Finally the Sinnoh League is here. How I've waited for this day for a while now. I dislike Quilava's voice as well as Cyndaquil's but the rest of the episode was pretty good. My favorite part had to be Snorlax using Body Slam and then rolling over to get out of the way of the action. It looked to cute there.

It was wonderful to see the old gang again. I noticed Bayleef's voice hasn't changed. It's the same high pitch voice from a decade ago. Speaking of which, I don't recall the last time Bayleef had an appearance. Anyways, anyone noticed Heracross' upper half horn was missing when he was sucking the sap out of Bulbasaur? And "High Touch" played as well and it was amazing to see the league standout like that. I'm looking forward to these next 7 weeks. (the other two weeks aren't Leagues though)

TheNewGuy

Gotta love Oak's senior moment lol! I loved how they kept all of the Japanese bg. They even played the instrumental of Greatest Everyday!

Indeed. After the musical disaster (in comparison to the dub) that was the match vs. Volkner, I was impressed with this.

Hopefully it carries on throughout the league. The "main" battle of the league (don't want to spoil for dub-only watchers) was made by the music, at times it just fit perfectly.