1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

An Old Family Blend! (650)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Finally, we've been waiting for four years, and the Sinnoh League is finally here.

This episode was a huge nostalgic throwback. It was great to see all of Ash's old Pokemon again. Cyndaquil evolving was awesome, but I hate it's voice.

The ending was the best part of the episode. The lighting of the torch was epic with The Greatest Everyday instrumental. Definitely hyped for this arc.

8.5/10.

2. G4Pokefan

G4Pokefan THE AURA IS WITH ME

-Usually I like "reunion" episodes, but this 1 was really bland to me! Is it just me or are these voice actors even trying? They sound like they're just reading from the script in there cringing voices! Especially Team Rocket's! They are really killin' me with their annoying a**es! and the rhyming.....damn! It's sickening! Plus the dialogue was just "WTF" Like a bunch of elementary school kids wrote it! At least wit 4kids actors they put feeling into it and the dialogue most of the time makes since to some adults as well as young adults and teens not just only for kids!

-Man I missed Oak's original voice actor! The one that also voices DP's James isn't cuttin it for me! But it was good to see 'em as well as the Pokemon, and the trainers!

-Heatrans at the league? And they're considered legendary? GTFOH!
    -The only other decent thing about the ep. aside from the Pokemon reunions was the opening ceremony! I was surprised they placed the Japanese version opening which I liked better!

50/100 for me. Hope the league eps are better!

3. raz1337

raz1337 Miju Miju!

Bayleef's last appearance was The Right Place And The Right Mime. at the end of Hoenn.

4. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

My favourite part was how they played the Sympothinic (spelling???) Melody 2 in the background as Cyndaquil evolved and when the torch was lit. So glad that song makes it into the dub. I think it also played in the final Grand Festival episode? but not sure. Love that song so much.

5. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

The episode was perfect simply because I saw that little cutie Bayleef, love her.

Razor Leaf should've definitely been Magical Leaf, shame... :(

6. Linkdarkside

Linkdarkside Well-Known Member

great episode liked the interation of Ash pokemon ,i love Cyndaquil and Bayleaf voices and finally Cyndaquil evolved.

and some one had a Heatran 0.O,i find funny some people are entering whit pokemon like Wingull.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Well, since it's almost the holidays, I'll give you guys an early gift and not write a super long essay about this episode! I'm just a bit tired so I'll just to a standard review. I really liked this episode, despite the dub featuring Professor Oak and his terrible voice that makes me want to rip my ears off. I think it was a good episode that built some character development for certain Pokemon on Ash's team. Ash and friends finally arrived on Lily of the Valley Island and Ash registered for the Sinnoh League at last. Paul, Barry, Nando, and Conway were all revealed to have obtained eight badges, which was predictable. I loved seeing Conway again though! He's as creepy as ever. I was surprised to see Ash decide to use his older Pokemon along with his newer Pokemon, but the fact that Charizard didn't return was a bit upsetting. Ash got his Pokemon transferred over from Oak's lab but then chaos ensued! Team Rocket messed with Ash but Ash's Cyndaquil was revealed to be able to use Flame Wheel now and then it actually evolved into Quilava at last! Nice to see Eruption again, thanks to Quilava. I liked the opening ceremony since there was tons of flashing lights and excitement in the air. We learned that Ash was to fight Nando in the first rounds, which is something I'm looking forward to! This was one great episode I tell you what. It gets a 8/10.

8. SaveOurPokemon

SaveOurPokemon Original Series Fan

It wasn't just Oak's voice that was bad- they really overdid the electronic ring to simulate him being on the monitor.

Other than that, a pretty good episode, and liked the keeping of the BGM, which was very well done.

One other thing of note, some of you discussing Quilava's voice- even though it's Bill Rogers doing the voice, he's going for the exact same style that Eric Stuart used for the various Quilavas throughout Johto and Hoenn, which still sounds a little strange, but not at all bad.

9. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

After a LONG absense, CYNDAQUIL EVOLVED... FINALLY! I knew that it was going to evolve before I watched this episode, and as I watched Cyndaquil dodging Team Rocket, I yelled, Evolve Cyndaquil Evolve! And it finally did! Yay!

Haha at the end Ash was like, "Conway!! Nando!!! BARRY!!!! ........ and Paul too......"
    As if Paul is poison or something.

10. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Was a nice episode with cyndaquil evolving. But just cant wait for Ash and Nando's battle!!! Its gonna be awesome

11. Brumrha

Brumrha Banned

Damn, took this thing long enough to respond to me...

Still, I "think" I can remember everything that happened in this...

- So we've arrived at the Sinnoh League. Took them long enough...
    - Ash wastes no time getting himself registered at the PC, & he begins making plans for his team for the first round.
    - Goddamn! This place has all-you-can-eat restaurants, five-star quality hotels, the whole nine yards!
    - As they're all awed by all the features that this island offeres, Dawn gets a surprise visit by none other than Conway. Go away, you @#$%ing stalker!!
    - Inside their hotel room, Ash makes contact with Professor Oak, to check out all of his Pokémon.
    - Shortly afterward, Ash & his friends head out to get his team rearranged. Looks like he's actually going to listen to me after all!
    - Thing is, the attendant that's rearranging his team is very suspicious by our standards...
    - This "attendant" runs off to double-check his team, but in reality, she's Jessie from Team $^%&ing Rocket! I'm getting sick & tired of this...!
    - The real attendant comes by, clueless as to what has happened, & she tells them that she's the only person working here! That practically @#$^&-slaps Ash square on.
    - They all rush outside, & right on cue, they found them & blow them away. But alas, poor Ash, his Pokémon aren't inside their balls.
    - Now they've got to find them. Thankfully, they've found two of them almost immediately - his Corphish & his Totodile.
    - His third one was inside a kitchen in one of the restaurants on the island, & guess what this one is? It's his Snorlax! He got it inside his ball, & apologizes to the baffled chefs.
    - During the search for Pokémon #4, they come across an agitated Barry, who got thwacked on his head for something, & is venting out on Ash. This guy needs a tranquilizer, like right now.
    - They move along, ignoring Barry's hollow threats, & soon enough, Pokémon #4 finds him! It was none other than Bayleef, the one we all know which loves Ash to death.
    - Now then, where's #5? Well...
    - ...It's in a pickle in the shape of TR's multi-armed mecha. That Pokémon happens to be his Cyndaquil.
    - At first, TR have a damn hard time catching it, but, much to Cyndaquil's dismay, their mecha is fire-proof... or is it really?
    - However, that puff of smoke gave away their positions to Ash & the gang, & they make a beeline over there to help.
    - Ash wastes no time in getting Bayleef to incapacitate their mecha by Razor Leafing their arms, thus severing them.
    - But... their arms regenerated, with wvwn more vicious weapons. They try again, but their attack is nullified by the mecha's digger drill & chainsaw.
    - Even worse, that mecha is also shock-proof, thus Pikachu is useless here.
    - Now TR manages to get Cyndaquil backed into a corner, but they get a surprise of their lives... Cyndaquil starts glowing white, &...
    - Upgrade to Quilava is now complete! Even better is that he now has Eruption.
    - Surprise! Their mecha isn't entirely fire-proof, as it can't withstand Quilava's Eruption & gets blown into tiny bits.
    - Now that everybody's accounted for, Ash returns to Oak to finally get his team set up for the league.
    - Once everything is said & done, the Sinnoh League is beginning, & everyone is here, including Nando, Conway, Barry, & of course, we can't forget Ash's punk #$% @%$$# rival, Paul.
    - The first round lineups are out, & already Ash is getting to fight someone important, & that would be Nando.

Looks like this league is going to have a strong start this time, & I couldn't ask for more. That means this will get the hot lead flying all over the place, almost like a full-blown war that scales the whole world!

12. Linkdarkside

Linkdarkside Well-Known Member

wow just went to bulbapedia to read the episode article and it look like there was a Jeffrey
    from Gymbaliar cameo.

13. Rebeccag

Rebeccag Well-Known Member

Lovd this episode loved all the old pokemon coming back and also the way they got them back. Also great to see professor oak as well and Conway Barry as well(im gonna fine you ^_^) and also Nando. Kinda a filler but also getting ready for the league as well

14. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

I hope Ash uses Glalie in the sinnoh league

15. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

I always enjoy these episodes where we see Ash's old pokemon.

16. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

I loved ths ep for the nostalgia of seeing Ash's pokemon again. I loved the Movie 9 music playing when they found Toto and Corphish. I also loved that I could immediately recognise Totodile's pokeball, Heracross' slurping and I could even remember such an unimportant characteritic such as Bayleef's spicy scent. It almost makes me releived to find few Sinnoh pokemon about in this episode. Quilava evolved and learned Eruption and Flame Wheel (as well as Aerial Ace from the next episode). Its voice is incredibly weird and was the worst part of the ep but Im fine with about 10 years of due development in one episode. We also see Glalie(I don't think we've seen any Glalie since that poacher trying to steal Snorunt in Battle Dimension) and Torkoal(I dont even remember when this last appeared, probably a contest cameo). Donphan looked awesome with its Rollout and Ash's favourite Shiny pokemon flies the Sinnoh skies.
    I find it funny that everyone was so hyped by the Heatran, Quilava and Nostalgia to notice the wonderful stadiums and fireworks display. The colour of fireworks matched the three lake pokemon of Sinnoh. It also matches Dialga, Palkia and Giritina's colours. The big stadium in the middle could also represent the big daddy Arceus. Cynthia was there to, proving how big the Sinnoh League is. Im ready for a big, epic, dramatic and climatic league.

17. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was good. It was cool to see Ash re-bonding with all of his reserve Pokemon again. There were so many funny moments throughout this episode. It was odd to see a Heatran inside of the Pokemon Center. Creepy Conway ends up popping up to say he is in the Pokemon League too. It was funny when they found Totodile and he bit on top of Ash's head. During the battle with TR, Cyndaquil FINALLY evolved into Quilava! It was cool when Quilava learned Eruption during the battle. The Pokemon interaction montage was really cool and funny.

97/100

18. The Sinnoh League! Finally we're here! It felt like forever!

Glad we got to see a number of Ash's old Pokemon in this episode!

Also, who can forget the random Heatran appearance! Just there like it's not a legendary at all! I can just guess what Heatran is thinkign right there: "I'm a legendary! I ain't gotta explain ****!"

Absolutely nof offense to any Ash fans here, but when he said "were going to win this!", I couldn't help but think "Ash, these days, you couldn't win a Pokemon league if it came up behind you and kicked you 100 times!" Again, no offense to any Ash fans! It was just what I thought when he said that!

19. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Aww, its nice to see Ash's old Pokemon again =3 i really missed it xD

20. TheEpicGoomba

TheEpicGoomba Me Gusta

This episode was very good. Glad that Ash signed up for the Pokemon League. It was very odd to see Heatran there though. It was awesome to see Ash's old Pokemon again. Team Rocket trying to steal Ash's Pokemon was annoying. It looks like Bayleef still loves Ash to bits. It was incredibly surprising to see Ash's Cyndaquil finally evolve into a God Damn Quilava. Cool to see more of Ash's Pokemon in the little montage at the end of the episode. Cool to see that Ash is facing Nando in the first round.