• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Old Team Made New (Battle Subway RMT)

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Hello, sPPf! I originally used these three pokemon in the battle tower for poekmon ruby. I was beating everything SOOOOO easily when I was even at 49 straight wins... Then MY GAME FROZE. Anyway, I figured if I use the same three poekmon, and change their movesets around, it might work very well in pokemon Black. Anyway, please rate this, and I'd love a full rate. Thanks!

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's: I don't do exact numbers, but it will be a bulky gyarados, with speed and defense.
Intimidate

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Oh, gyarados... In ruby it was a mixed attacker. But when DP came out, there was the physical/special split. This did AMAZING things for gyarados, so I'm gonna use it for what its stats say its meant to be: a bulky physical attacker. I need earthquake on it, because if it has a few dragon Dances up, it can destroy any electric types coming in.

Flygon@Persim Berry
Naughty Nature
EV's: no exact numbers, but I'll give it maximum speed, a little special attack, and a lot of attack.
Levitate

Outrage
Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Blast

Flygon is good because the ground type takes the electric hits for gyarados, and the levitate takes hits from Metagross. I'm leaning towards giving it Fire Punch and an adamant nature, making it a physical attacker. Then giving it all attack and speed, but I wanna know what you guys think.

Metagross@Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
EV's: yet again, I'll spread it out in everything but speed.
Clear Body

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Psychic
Shadow Ball

I some special moves on my team, I don't want all 3 pokemon being physical attackers. I'd be screwed against pokemon with good defense if I don't have any special moves. So I figured I'd use metagross as mixed, because it has the best special attack of the three. I know psychic moves don't get very good coverage, but it gets STAB on metagross. Do you guys think this mixed set is alright?

This team did amazing in Ruby, but I know that when new generations of pokemon come out, a lot of things change. Please let me know if this is worth it, and also give it a rate. Thanks!

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Metagross is more suitable as a physical attacker regardless

Metagross@Light Clay
-Reflect/Light Screen
-Zen Headbutt
-Bullet Punch
-Work Up

This set is mixed for support and poses as an offensive combo, too. With Work Up is just a filler, so that will help out in increasing STAB moves like Zen Headbutt and Bullet Punch (especially when moving first, you want to do some severe damage). Reflect or Light Screen works for Double Battles (or Triple). Though as for a main focus on single, roll with Light Screen.

EDIT: Screw Work Up. Go for Trick Room instead.

And as for Flygon, replace Crunch for Sandstorm (suitable if used after Gyarados is defeated. Assuming you have Metagross and Flygon left) amd Fire Blast for Rock Slide.

Last edited:

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Hello, sPPf! I originally used these three pokemon in the battle tower for poekmon ruby. I was beating everything SOOOOO easily when I was even at 49 straight wins... Then MY GAME FROZE. Anyway, I figured if I use the same three poekmon, and change their movesets around, it might work very well in pokemon Black. Anyway, please rate this, and I'd love a full rate. Thanks!

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's: I don't do exact numbers, but it will be a bulky gyarados, with speed and defense.
Intimidate

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Oh, gyarados... In ruby it was a mixed attacker. But when DP came out, there was the physical/special split. This did AMAZING things for gyarados, so I'm gonna use it for what its stats say its meant to be: a bulky physical attacker. I need earthquake on it, because if it has a few dragon Dances up, it can destroy any electric types coming in.

Flygon@Persim Berry
Naughty Nature
EV's: no exact numbers, but I'll give it maximum speed, a little special attack, and a lot of attack.
Levitate

Outrage
Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Blast

Flygon is good because the ground type takes the electric hits for gyarados, and the levitate takes hits from Metagross. I'm leaning towards giving it Fire Punch and an adamant nature, making it a physical attacker. Then giving it all attack and speed, but I wanna know what you guys think.

Metagross@Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
Clear Body

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Psychic
Shadow Ball

I some special moves on my team, I don't want all 3 pokemon being physical attackers. I'd be screwed against pokemon with good defense if I don't have any special moves. So I figured I'd use metagross as mixed, because it has the best special attack of the three. I know psychic moves don't get very good coverage, but it gets STAB on metagross. Do you guys think this mixed set is alright?

This team did amazing in Ruby, but I know that when new generations of pokemon come out, a lot of things change. Please let me know if this is worth it, and also give it a rate. Thanks!

If you use a mixed salamance you can use a full attacking or a agility Metagross and Bullet punch has Priority and stab.

Metagross@Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Choice band Metagross
Adamant
Clear body
EV 252 atk anything else can be placed in Hp, Def, S.def or speed
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Stone edge/Ice punch/Thunder punch
-Zen headbut

Agility Metagross
Adamant
Clear body
EVs 252 atk anything else in speed and Hp check smogon for EVs
-Meteor mash
-Zen headbut/Earthquake
-Ice punch/Thunder punch
-Agility

Flygon can be replaced with Salamance which is better in almost every or every stat and can run an effective mixed set. Salamance gets most if not all of Flygons important moves so its easy to add to the team.

Salamance
Natue use a -def or s.def and +speed nature to reach 328 speed and to use a mixed set. Use timid for a special set or adamant for a Physical
ability Intimidate/Moxie
Intimidate/Moxie

Adamant
Moxie+Choice scarf
EVs 252 atk and 252 speed
-Outrage(DW special move only when using moxie)/Dragon claw
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon claw/Brick break

Adamant/(-def or s.def for )
Dragon dance+Yache berry
Moxie or Intimidate
EVs 252 atk 252 speed
-Dragon dance
-Outrage(DW only with Moxie or 4th gen only with Intimidate)/Dragon claw
-Earthquake
-Fire blast/Dragon claw

Timid
Choice specs+Yache berry
Intimidate
EVs 252 s.atk 252 speed
-Hydro pump
-Fire blast
Draco Meteor
Dragon pulse

Nature (-def or s.def with +atk, speed, or s.atk)
Mixed
Intimidate
Check smogon for EVs
-Hydro pump
-Draco Meteor/Outrage
-Earthquke
-Fire blast

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Really,your team does lack a Special Sweeper,so Flygon is probably the best option of the three since it has a good special movepool.

Flygon @White Herb
Modest l Levitate
252 Sp.Atk. l 252 Speed l 4 HP
• Fire Blast
• Earth Power / HP Grass
• Draco Meteor
• U-Turn

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I'm pretty sure it can learn Earth Power.Flygon can be used (if you want) to switch into any Ground attacks aimed at Metagross and sweep.U-Turn is simply there for scouting and to allow you to switch to something more appropriate if necessary.White Herb allows you to use Draco Meteor twice before actually having a Sp.Atk drop.