• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Olden Pond! (429)

B

Blaziken master

-Absol- said:
So it was basically a boring filler? I'll look at the episode pictures to see.

It has plenty of corphish screentime, the second crawdaunt battle looks pretty cool. It also battles the old woman's vaporeon

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Blaziken master said:
It has plenty of corphish screentime, the second crawdaunt battle looks pretty cool. It also battles the old woman's vaporeon

Anybody forsee a Corphy evo here, or is it just me?

It didn't evolve. Serebii has the pics up, and they definitively confirm what most of us already know. Or are you saying it might evolve soon. But not next episode, because we know what happens in that one.

V Faction

www.faction.com
This episode was far from boring, it just had no point. But I'd say, with all the Corphish attention, this looks to be the best BF Filler yet.

And if my intuition is correct, this could be the signal for Corphish to never evolve. I believe Ash had to look up Crawdaunt in the Pokedex, correct (now, I'm not 100% if it was Ash). So Crawdaunt has been fully established. Now, I realize in the past that Pokemon ran into their evolutions right before they themselves evolved, but I'm so sick of trying to figure out patterns that I could care less. Which brings us into our next point....

New OP update! Talk about... just plain weird. Dustox finally gets placed into the picture (for whatever stupid reason they kept it out before, I do not know). And also, some Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon advertising. That actually looks like a fun game. What this signifies to me is that they (they being the Pokemon Company and all other related companies) really want to get the message of these new Pokemon DS games out there, possibility to fill the void till D/P or whatever other reason.

I would've like to seen a new attack from Corphish, but oh well.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
V Faction said:
I would've like to seen a new attack from Corphish, but oh well.

Yeah, and instead that blasted Zenigame learns Rapid Spin. >>;

Jees, is it just me, does it seem that the fates have decided Satoshi's meant to either lose or unfinish every trainer battle he's in? o_O I could tell from that look on his face after his battle with Showers that he's getting pretty frustrated by it. I hope the people who keep saying the guy is perfect and wins every battle will shut up now. x_x

I'm a bit disappointed Hakuryuu didn't show up much in the episode, just in a flashback and for about 5 seconds near the end. I would have liked to see it blast of Rocketto Dan instead of that damn terapin.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
As I've said, Squirtle is showing up all the other Pokemon. It's worse than Togepie. And yes, Ash seems to be completely unable finish battles. I wish Team Rocket would buzz off and let him actually be a Pokemon trainer.

JazzJazz

Juptile said:
Jees, is it just me, does it seem that the fates have decided Satoshi's meant to either lose or unfinish every trainer battle he's in? o_O I could tell from that look on his face after his battle with Showers that he's getting pretty frustrated by it. I hope the people who keep saying the guy is perfect and wins every battle will shut up now. x_x

He might win every battle, but we'll never know... at least he gets to finish his important bouts (i.e. against the Frontier Brains).

Juptile said:
I'm a bit disappointed Hakuryuu didn't show up much in the episode, just in a flashback and for about 5 seconds near the end.

So... the lake was named after it and that's all?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Seen the pics:

-Volt Tackle, cool!

-Good to see Marshstomp doing something.

-So, what was the bald guy doing.

-Good to see the Crawdaunt wasn't a heartless villian.

-This is Barboach's first appearance, correct?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Well, Barboach was going to be in the Earthquake episode but yeah, this the first time we've seen it.

B

Blaziken master

Kojiro said:
Seen the pics:

-Volt Tackle, cool!

-Good to see Marshstomp doing something.

-So, what was the bald guy doing.

-Good to see the Crawdaunt wasn't a heartless villian.

-This is Barboach's first appearance, correct?

It appeared in the first Sootopliss city gym episode. I think the bald guy got saved by a dragonair and wanted to meet it again

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It did? Well put me in a suit and call me Bush.

Still, I was hoping for more from Dragonair. And less from the evil turtle.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Pokeballs said:
Awesome Dustox is finally in an intro... i think this is the first time but why is Chimecho still there? =O

Yeh, why is Manene and Chimecho in there? He probably gets it back so he can have 3 Pokémon, just like Jesse has 3.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
OK... we know that Ash is NOT against having a Crawdaunt, because he instantly tried to catch one! (I know, he seemed keen on having Quilava and Feraligatr too). Corphish screentime is really cool, and seeing Crawdaunt battle just makes me want one in the main cast. And it looks really cool when it's with a good character. Corphish would rock if it evolved, and it's a shame that it's not going to happen.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
ChaosMage said:
OK... we know that Ash is NOT against having a Crawdaunt, because he instantly tried to catch one! (I know, he seemed keen on having Quilava and Feraligatr too). Corphish screentime is really cool, and seeing Crawdaunt battle just makes me want one in the main cast. And it looks really cool when it's with a good character. Corphish would rock if it evolved, and it's a shame that it's not going to happen.
Shame? Meh, I,m relieved Corpish didn't evolve. It would be disastreous for me if that kawaii crustacean got subjected to the fate of turning into a heinous technicolour demon-lobster. But that's just my opinion.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Never use the k-word in my presence.

And I can picture Crawdaunt being cute, especially with Corphish's goffy personality.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I wasn't really too fond of this episode for some reason. I mean, the fighting was ok and it was nice to see a CG attack that actually looks pretty decent (Acid Armour) but there was something lacking. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but it wasn't there, thats for sure~
Pretty bogus that Dragonair only appeared for a few measley seconds near the end. I wasn't expecting it to get much screentime in the first place, but damn.

Speaking of screentime, I kind of surprised at the amount of focus Haruka's Squirtle has been recieving as of late. But considering its going to be sticking around for quite a while, I'm glad its now finally managed to get a decent physical attack under its belt. Lets hope it gets put to good use~

Crawdaunt sounded a lot better than usual. I'm glad they opted for something other than the awful screeching that used to emit from its voice-box.
However I do wish Corphish could have actually finished it off, instead of just having Team Rocket come in and swipe it while it was weakened. It would have been a lot more satisfying to see Corphish take down its evolved form.

And why has Mud Shot suddenly become a multiple projectile attack? IIRC, during early Houen it was just one huge glob of mud that was shot at the opponent. Its just like another tired old Ember/Bubblebeam/Bullet Seed/Countless other attacks re-hash now. Bah I say. Bah.

PDL

disenchanted
I was kinda confused about the guy who owned Crawdaunt, what role did he play exactly? He got saved by a mysterous pokemon (who turned out to be Dragoniar) and he has a Crawdaunt that's being a jerk by living in the lake and mucking it up... did I get that right?

JazzJazz

The Big Al said:
And I can picture Crawdaunt being cute, especially with Corphish's goffy personality.

The writers and animators can usually inject their magical "cute" serum into any pokemon... even if they have been depicted as nasty in past episodes.

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
EvilKeckleon said:
I was kinda confused about the guy who owned Crawdaunt, what role did he play exactly? He got saved by a mysterous pokemon (who turned out to be Dragoniar) and he has a Crawdaunt that's being a jerk by living in the lake and mucking it up... did I get that right?

I think as a boy he almost drowned but dragonair saved him, and now he wants to find it again.