• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Olden Pond! (429)

Team Rocket Admin

Not a bad episode. Did anyone notice that the short white-haired guy looked like Mokuba from Yu-GAY-oh? YEAAAAAAAH, Charamander is actually in the intro, even though it probably won't be in the Anime. What's weird is that Chimecho is STILL in the starting, so this leads me to believe we are not yet done with it seeing how they updated the opening just NOW, and this would've been the perfect oppirtunity to edit it out.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I didn't really like the episode that much. It was only the last part where Dragonair appears what I liked and with that flashback. Atleast Marshtomp was in the episode.

JazzJazz

Team Rocket Admin said:
What's weird is that Chimecho is STILL in the starting, so this leads me to believe we are not yet done with it seeing how they updated the opening just NOW, and this would've been the perfect oppirtunity to edit it out.

Indeed, you'd think that if they went to the trouble of taking manyula out they would've removed chimecho as well, curious.

Eternal Eievui

I didn't see this asked anywhere (it may have been - it's late), but what was the song playing in the background when the old man was rescued by Dragonair called? It's really familiar and has been used somewhere else - I just can't remember where.

P

Pikachu_Imatation

I liked this episode. It was also nice to see Dragonair back in the anime series again.

JazzJazz

Pikachu_Imatation said:
I liked this episode. It was also nice to see Dragonair back in the anime series again.

Dragonair was barely featured. It would've been nice if had a little more to do in this episode, but oh well... I guess we have to take what we can get.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Azure Syaoran said:
I didn't see this asked anywhere (it may have been - it's late), but what was the song playing in the background when the old man was rescued by Dragonair called? It's really familiar and has been used somewhere else - I just can't remember where.
That 'lalala~' thing? It was used in the fourth movie when all those Celebi appeared near the end.

Er, that episode was alright. The drawing-style wasn't as horrid as I thought it would be. I liked the characters' voices, especially the old woman's. And yay for the Regi music ~

It was good to see Corphish in battle again, and it made me happy to see it doing so well against its evolved form =D

vs. Vaporeon...It was a good battle itself, and Acid Armor looked great ^^ Though I must say, I'm pretty sick of those i-had-no-clue reactions of Ash. I understand that he forgot a few aspects of a good battling strategy during the battle, and I certainly wouldn't be complaining if the old woman just told him what he should be careful of in a battle, and he just responded by saying "Oh yeah, forgot about that" or something.

But what Ash had was a "OMG using the battlefield to your advantage?!?!11 Never heard of that strategy!!!" expression. Please -_- If you want Ash to look like an experienced trainer, at least take that goofy expression from his face when he's told something that he heard about ten thousand times already. Simply eliminate it. Well, at least the battle after that was believable and well thought-out.

Hey, the vs. TR scene was quite good. Liked the combination of attacks used when Squirtle rapid-spin'd their mecha for the second time. Speaking of TR, James looked hot today x_X I loved his outfit and hairdo.

As for something random, I liked the lake's color. It wasn't that bright blue they always use like in picture books for little children, which causes them to think that water is blue o_O

Well, overall this one had a good story and nice characters.

Last edited:

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Sushi said:
But what Ash had was a "OMG using the battlefield to your advantage?!?!11 Never heard of that strategy!!!" expression.

Agreed one of the (many) major problems the writers have on this show is not keeping the characters consistant. Satoshi's seen plenty of trainers use the field to their advantage many times, one of the more note worthy ones being Nagi's strategy with Pelipper using Steel Wing on the ground to protect itself from electric attacks. The writers need to realize that it makes no sense for Satoshi to use great thought-out strategies in gym battles, then become a total n00b to battling when he goes up against regular trainers.

B

BrokenDreams

I totally agree with you Juptile, but then again these are the writers what else can we expect from them.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Ash has USED the field to his advatage before. Like Grovyle at Winona's Gym and on Drake's boat. Honestly, he's forgotten a strategy he used himself. Tell me Ash hasn't gotten brain damage from being zapped one too many times.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Infinite Master Sceptile said:
It didn't evolve. Serebii has the pics up, and they definitively confirm what most of us already know. Or are you saying it might evolve soon. But not next episode, because we know what happens in that one.

Soon of course...LOL! I don't want my butt to be flamed already, ha ha!
But hopefully soon for a Corphy evo!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I loved Corphish v Crawdaunt!
near the end when Crawdaunt looked happy could that be the end of the Crawdaunt sterio type team Aqua created?

Dragonair needed to be shown more, otherwise the title should have been something like 'The Green Lake of Crawdaunt'......

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
The Big Al said:
I could just picture Yamato-san getting ready to shoot himself if it is Hydro Pump. Still, the blasted terapin is as bad as that Paras way back when. One victory and suddenly it's a super hero.

Oh please, kill myself? Yeah right.

[Cocks a rifle and aims it forward.]

I'd just hunt me down a few writers.

[Sets the rifle down.]

Fortunately, that thing didn't learn Hydro P.... Waaaaait a minute!

[Picks up the rifle.]

This episode still displeases me.

[Cocks rifle again.]

How the f*** does that damn thing, which played like no role in the episode up to the Rocket Dan battle (unless you consider stopping to sniff a flower to be an important scene), suddenly becomes more of a hero against Rocket Dan than Heigani, a Pokemon that this episode mostly focused around and whom you'd expect to have more of a beef against Rocket Dan for kidnapping his opponent? And it gets off learning a new technique on top of it all.

[Sets rifle down.]

Lousy bas****s.... I'm letting them off this time since it only learned a rather weak technique in its natural movepool. Should it have pulled another very powerful TM out of its a**..... heh heh heh heeeeh, you do not wanna know what hells I'd unleash. It's also a bit relieving that Rocket Dan was defeated with a combination of Zenigame, Heigani, and Numacraw's attacks rather than just Zenigame. But, if learning a new technique is an indication that it's, once again, gonna appear in a contest soon, I'm gonna be p***ed.

I thought this episode would've been great simply for Hakuryuu making an appearance, but I was wrong. They shoved it to like 5 seconds near the end, in somewhat of a rehash of the Safari Zone warden's plot no less (a dragon that the filler character recognizes as a child rescues someone from drowning). And are you guys serious? Satoshi was trying to learn about using the field to his advantage? OK, I'm also getting sick of this crap being done to Satoshi during some fillers. Speaking of Satoshi looking like a n00b, did anyone else find it a little off that he sends Heigani against its evolved form, and his strategy only consisted of countering the opponent using the same attack as them? Considering how much more powerful the evolution would be expected to be, you'd think Satoshi would come up with a more clever plan to take it down, wouldn't you?

Gravy said:
I wasn't really too fond of this episode for some reason. I mean, the fighting was ok and it was nice to see a CG attack that actually looks pretty decent (Acid Armour) but there was something lacking. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but it wasn't there, thats for sure~

You thought Acid Armor looked good too, eh?

Speaking of the Showers that used Acid Armor, I found it a bit interesting how they gave it a trait to walk on water (isn't there an entry mentioning something like that in one of the games?). However.... did anyone notice that Scissoriger was standing on the water surface at some point? What the hell, did all water-types suddenly gain this ability, or is it still a trait exclusive to Showers and someone just made an error with Scissoriger?

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I forgot about Corphish. The little guy, upstaged by a uber n00b. I swear. The writer who developed May should have been fired for making such a spotlight hogging ditz who seems to have everything go her way.

B

BrokenDreams

You got that right, Big Al. I just can't stand the way Haruka got everything way to easy. They shoul have the mutant turtle into a turtle soup when Haruka first got it, then poisoned Haruka and bury her. Just Kidding about Haruka, but I do hate the that mutant squirtle.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Vaporeon didn't use Acid Armor, it only transformed itself into water

;134;89

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
vaporeon89 said:
Vaporeon didn't use Acid Armor, it only transformed itself into water

;134;89

It's trainer quite clearly commanded it to use 'Tokeru'. Which is of course, the original name for Acid Armour.

Last edited:

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
This episode was a little boring. Who would of thought Ash would use Corphish against Crawdaunt and whoever thought it would evolve is psycho >_>

Anyway - this was just too boring IMO.

All I can say is that I'm glad Dragonair finally got to appear in an episode again and that I liked the Mysterious Dungeon part of the Opening.

~Scott;229;

J

Joe_Pokemon20000

I'll wait for it in a Mawile, don't you think? Anyway, 30 is the best score.