• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Olden Pond! (429)

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
This filler was pretty average. I couldn't tell if Corphish got any development and they stuck to a recycled plot. I'm sure they've done this before. Rich guy wants to buy nostalgiac property...

Waiting 2 Evolve

Beginning Trainer
Both of yesterday's eps

I thought, in general, the main voices were good - with the exception of Ash, who I still say has no emotion, especially in the battle scenes. Why is that such a problem? The actual voice I'm getting used to, although I don't really like it, but where are the acting skills? That's what it's all about, or should be.

And the extra voices were good, too, especially in Olden Pond.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
was slightly boring for my taste.

NewBrock

Boulder Trainer
I really enjoyed this episode. I loved when Dragonair showed up, that thing is so beautiful.

I also think Corphish's voice was a little...weird. Yeah, I didn't like it much. But who really cares. Not a big deal.

Can anybody explain what it is exactly that is wrong with the new Corphish voice? I see a lot of unhappy fans here, but I'm not quite sure what the exact issue is. What did the VA for Corphish do wrong?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The voice was too deep. It needed to be higher and coarser. (While I didn't like a lot of 4Kids' dub voices for some of the Pokemon, I thought Corphish's was well-done.)

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
WTF this episode screams Corphish evolution all the way...sigh Ok nevermind it was a wasted opportunity and Corphish got his *** Oaked ´till next two years at least...
Nevermind.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Can anybody explain what it is exactly that is wrong with the new Corphish voice? I see a lot of unhappy fans here, but I'm not quite sure what the exact issue is. What did the VA for Corphish do wrong?

I gave Corphish a spanish accent (believe it or not)

Ya have to trill the r in corphish and almost say "Cor-Feesh"

also Bubble beam is

Cor Phish Phish Phish Phish Phish Phish.

The Corphish character is an interesting one --he's very very stubborn and somewhat neurotic.

Pitch the voice higher and try to gargle when you talk.

Medea

Excalibur
Okay, saw it last night (since I missed it the day before courtesy of work) and I'm still kicking myself that I saw it. One of the most boring fillers since It's Mr. Mime Time. To be honest, last night, I kept switching the channels between this and Celebrity Fit Club :p. But I will say this, that big bald man (can't remember his name right now) he kinda reminded me of that sleazy bald guy from The Screen Actor's Guilt.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, at least I can finally come and review this past Saturday's episodes after severe storms that left our house without power for 30 hours the last two days. I didn't fret about lack of internet access, but not having working toilets was a PAIN.

Anyway, this episode was good. I liked that the guest villain of the day for once was the one who had the turnaround (usually it's just the normal person who's just stubborn or misguided), and I liked the appearance of the dragonair. It was also pretty funny when Ash fell asleep while trying to let fishing relax him. I can only imagine what Misty's reaction would have been. LOL (I was just watching "The Totodile Duel" not long ago either where he complained about fishing.) Otherwise, there wasn't too much that was memorable about the episode. At least I'm still okay on the new voices, they didn't bug me this week.

Overall, 6/10.

Personally, I didn't think much of this episode. Surely by now, if Ash is any kind of decent trainer and wants to get something done, you've gotta use type advantages. Fighting an evolved Corphish, with an unevolved one just seems plain stupid. Use Pikachu for goodness sake, or at least Grovyle!
Liked Squirtle's attack at the end, it looked very much like an Hydro Pump to me.
No problem with the VAs here.

Knight_Ram

This episode was a really stupid filler. The only good thing was seeing that Dragonair. But other than that, it was a really boring episode. The episode would have been good if Ash's Corphish evolved. Would have been an exciting scene to see. 3/10

GreatLiver

I agree that it would have been a great time for Corphish to evolve, but I think that it kinda made it look like Corphish doesn't want to evolve similarlly to how Pikachu doesn't want to evolve.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This filler was so boring, i turned it off half way through.