• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Olden Pond! (429)

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Vaporeon was really good with the acid armor.
It was awesome how it dissapeared out of nowhere.
Also, Crawdaunt vs Corphish was a good battle!

danparker

I've seen this episode 3 years ago. It was okay. And Tiffany was interesting in this episode as well. Apart from the behavior of Mr. Saridakis and his Crawdaunt.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked how there were so many Water Pokemon in this episode. Why is Crawdaunt always the bad guy?

Seeing Dragonair reminded me of that banned Dratini episode too.

6/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, and great battle between Crawdaunt and Corphish.
Corphish has learned much more about battles, i think it helped it in the future.
And i loved to see a Dragonair in the anime.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not a bad episode, it was nice seeing Crawdaunt, Vapereon and Dragonair in this episode.

Although that old guy just seemed a bit stupid, how did he think he got out of the water? Did he think a portal opened or some fairies magically took him there, it seems stupid to try and destroy the lake though.

I think this was the first time I have ever seen a Dragonair in the anime before.

Did Mr. Saridakis's voice sound similar to the the narrator's voice to anyone else? Or was it just me?

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
This episode showed the toughness of Crawdaunt.... It is a rogue pokemon and suited with his trainer as well

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... That wild Crawdaunt was definitely a major troublemaker in this episode. It was cool to see a Dragonair again. It was cool to see Squirtle learning Rapid Spin. It was cool to see a Barboach for the 1st time in a long time. Unfortunately for me Dragonair didn't have enough screentime, only showed up for a short time in this episode. It was great seeing Corphish battling Crawdaunt, even though it was interrupted. It was cool to see Vaporeon using its Acid Armor attack, it's been awhile since that attack has been shown.

21/100

Vernikova

Champion
It was a boring episode. To be honest, I would've rather seen the girl battle instead of Ash but whatever. It probably wouldn't have saved this episode anyway.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I just rewatched An olden pond today.

An olden pond is okay. Nothing really special though I did like the James and his leisure land speech turning into I want more food.XP

I also liked the whole past stuff of Saridakis and the Dragonair.

I do find it amusing that everyone didn't recognise Meowth even though the only thing he had on was sunglasses.=P

It was an alright episode anyway.

Mr. Sarkidarkis was indeed Rodger Parsons. That much I'm certain of.

That being said, it was an okay effort by TPCi to me.

Ash's voice sounded almost robotic and artificial to me, as it were, Brock's voice was really mediocre, etc.

Jessie: "We don't cackle...we emote!"

Oh, the irony.

Dub: 65/100

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
This was an alright episode. Tiffany was a decent character, but Mr. Saridakis and his Crawdaunt were jerks.

The battle between Corphish and Crawdaunt was getting good, but sadly it was interrupted. :( It's cool to see a Dragonair again, as it reminded me of the Dragonair from "The Legend of Dratini".

Last edited:
That machine TR had reminded of both Genesect and those mechanical suits you can use in some Mega Man games.
And I thought on-screen near drownings only happened to Ash. Guess not.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked seeing Ash and Pikachu practice Volt Tackle at the start and I gasped when Crawdaunt was fished out of the lake and emasculated Ash's Corphish. The lake itself was so murky and gross, but Corphish's battle with that old lady's Vaporeon was neat. I was glad that Corphish did better against Mr. Saridakis's Crawdaunt near the end as well.

JudySpell

Banned
Corphish got to shine here which was good but the Dragonair plot here reminded me too much of the banned Dratini episode. 6/10

Gillachu

Banned
Ah man, I was hoping that the Crawdaunt was Ash's when I saw some of the episode images. Meh, this wasn't even a good filler.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I thought that the Cotd man was a jerk for using Crawdaunt to terrorize the lake, but I liked seeing Ash's Corphish battle against Crawdaunt and how he trained after his first loss. Dragonair's role was too small tho.