• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Orange Story [The SU Thread]

AJ2000

Orange_Title_zps83tvrn7y.jpg

[ introduction ]

plot%20copy_zpskmvq0jno.jpg

”At first the world was nothing. No color at all, not even black and white, but instead the world was clear. Then suddenly, an egg appeared, as if it had come from absolutely nothing. But something cannot come from nothing, can it? But it did, and from this egg came a being that created the world we know today. It shaped this world and drew on the blank slate to create something from nothing. From the trees, to the lakes, to the mountains, everything we see with our eyes was shaped from nothing. The beings that inhabit our world however, are believed to have come from somewhere else. Another world, or perhaps they were created on our world after all, the general belief is that these beings may have been created at the dawn of time, maybe even before our world was created. Maybe by another egg born from the void, acting as the ancestor of all these beings? But then if that were the case, then how did they come upon our own world? Well, some believe that these beings were created even before us and they ventured here after their own world was churning in turmoil. At least, that is what they say.”

- Unknown, The Book of Origins​

[ plot overview ]

plotoverview_zpscfsjgrkl.jpg

Far south from the region of Kanto, lies a cluster of islands known as the Orange Archipelago. This tourist hub is a prime vacation spot for those wanting a little relaxation, and spend some quality time in the terrific sun. However, it also houses an abundance of people who call these islands their home. One of these islands, is known as Valencia Island. An island ripe with fruit, and grassy meadows, forests and beaches, this is one of the quieter islands and not much of a tourist attraction. Other than the main town alongside some hamlets, there isn’t much to do besides the usual stuff, so life can be a bit tedious at times. There is also a Blimp Station on this island, where blimps will occasionally come and go, dropping people off to and from Kanto.

The season is just right for this island, when the berries are ripe for picking and the crops perfect for harvesting. It is a time for celebration on the island of Valencia, with the Harvest Festival taking place for all island residents and tourists to enjoy. Food, games, show and shops, this festival has it all and is a way of saying thanks to everyone who pitches in to make the island a great place to live. Even if you aren't a resident, the festival and the island welcomes all, and discriminates none.

On the technologic side of things, the world has finally been introduced to the official Pokéball! Gone are the old twist-cap designs, and replacing it is the super-sleek modern 'throw and capture' mechanic! Still new to the market, these Pokéballs are hard to come by as very few shops are even able to obtain a set for selling because of manufacturing issues. However, rumours have it that a certain shopkeeper on Valencia Island has managed to grab hold of a box of them, ready to sell for a somewhat hefty price.

However, not all is good and dandy. There is trouble brewing within the Orange Islands. Recent reports have stated that there has been a rise of Pokémon Hunters that have been lurking around the islands. Currently trying to bag the cream of the crop for some big bank, reports also say that there has also been an instance where they stole an owned Pokémon and fled the scene. Not much is known about where these Hunters come from, but many people speculate they come from Kanto, since there has never been any reports similar to these before. Although authorities have been on the look out, people have been warned to stay away from strangers and report any suspicious activities, for your own well-being.

For reference, here is the map of the Orange Islands.

[ your character + the roleplay]

plot_character_zpsgm1tpxiz.png

If you haven’t guessed already, your character currently resides on Valencia Island. They may have come from somewhere else to live here such as another island or region, or they could be some sort of temporary resident. This RP is not really a journey RP, as it only takes place within the Orange Archipelago, and it will eventually lead the characters to other islands, but it will never lead the characters to another region. The RP will also start on the morning of the Harvest Festival, which actually takes place later at night. As such, if you want to have your character be somehow tied to the festival such as having some sort of booth, performance, food stand, etc, then feel free to do so. The RP will then build onwards from there.

Another thing to note, is the time period in which this RP takes place. It is not in the modern Pokémon world, but instead many years prior. This means that the world is not the same in some aspects: For example, this RP takes place right at the time the modern Pokéball was created. The Pokéball we will be referring to in this RP, pretty much a regular red/white Pokéball, although with a bit more of an inconvenience because of it being still in its early form (such as not becoming smaller when not in use, glitches/malfunctions, and maybe even more expensive). This also means that not everyone may have a Pokéball, and as such, most Pokémon are generally ‘owned’ in the traditional sense of a pet (you don’t have your dog in a Pokéball but you still own your dog, for example). This would also mean that there are no real gym leaders as of yet (or probably very few for that matter) or Pokedexes, although that isn’t really a big deal considering the nature of this RP.

As for moves and the level up of Pokémon, try not to worry too much about that. I am not keeping track of exact levels, nor am I going to be restrictive with moves, as long as you are sensible about it. Same goes for evolution. As long as it makes sense and you aren’t evolving everything right away, you will be fine. Make you sure ask me beforehand, though. Mega evolution does exist in this RP, although I haven’t decided how or if I am going to actually use it (it won't even play a role anyways). We will cross that bridge when we get to it. Pokémon Centers also do exist, but are known as clinics right now. Trainers also exist in this RP, so don’t assume that training and battling with Pokémon is a new profession, it's still there. As for catching Pokémon, your character is allowed a Pokéball or two, but explain how they have it in their possession, as the marts on the islands don’t currently sell them yet. Otherwise, ‘catching’ Pokémon will be done by simply befriending them. With the world rules out of the way, I will now move along.

[ battle rules ]

battlerules_zpsnqzohfhj.jpg

Even though it is not an RP centered around battling, it is a Pokémon RP, and as such, it’s a given there would be battling. Besides the obvious god-modding, there are a few rules that I expect everyone to follow if it does come time for a battle. Note, these rules are typically for player vs player (should you choose to battle another player), as it is easier to mod yourself with an NPC.

1) All moves and their effects are following the games. Same goes for their accuracy rate. If the move states it will always hit, or if it has 100% accuracy, then it will always hit your opponent. If the move has a lower accuracy such as 70%, then I leave it to the people battling decide if it hits or not.

2) This brings me to my next point. You are only allowed to dodge 2 times per battle. This means you can have your Pokémon dodge the attack (and thus nullifying my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rule 2 times) any 2 times throughout the battle. After this, my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rules comes back into effect.

3) Don’t use multiple commands. This includes things such as telling a Pokémon to do successive attacks one after the other, before the other player even has a chance to respond. This makes things a bit messy, and can be hard to counter. (e.g – Use ice beam and then follow up with tackle, and if they are still standing then use another attack, etc).

[ roleplay rules ]

oak_zpswxof7v9v.jpg

• Follow all Serebii Forum Rules, obviously
  • This RP is rated PG I would say. You won’t find anything in here that wouldn’t be
    mentioned in the games or other mediums (which should still be plenty to work with), other than maybe a darker moment here and there. I don’t like giving Pokémon roleplays any rating higher than what they are supposed to be. As such, don’t expect gore or swearing or anything.
  • Try to leave canon stuff out of this RP. Such as references to events that may have happened in the games/show/manga whatever.
  • Evolving Pokémon needs to be approved by me. So does befriending/catching Pokémon. Also please don't assume that because this is a Pokémon RP that you will be able to catch Pokémon very often.
  • Forget about Mega Stones for now. Same with Z-Crystals. They'll probably come up in the story or something, but they will generally have little to no impact.
  • For the most part, Legendary Pokémon (Suicune, Thundurus, Zapdos, etc) are considered to be extremely rare/supposedly real Pokémon that may or may not exist (like Bigfoot). People have claimed to see them but no real proof. Mythical Pokémon on the other hand (Arceus, Palkia, Diancie, etc), are considered to be stories for now.
  • As GM, my word is law. I am really lenient you’ll find and usually never complain about what you do in the RP. But yeah, if I don’t like something, then just listen up.
  • That’s pretty much it. I am not sure if I’ll be accepting reserves since I doubt this will get so popular, so just make a sign-up and I’ll see to it from there. I don’t want to have more than 5 maybe 6 players (even that is a bit much in my opinion).

[ sign-up sheet ]

signup_zpsliebvzru.jpg

[ a Person ]

Name:
[first, last]

Home Town:
[any official town or city, if they are not from Valencia Island or from another island in the Archipelago]

[It doesn’t really matter. You can even make them an old person if you want]

Appearance:
[Pretty basic. A decent paragraph detailing how your character looks.]

Personality:
[I’m not a fan of personality sections. All you have to do for this section is just list some brief, maybe 4-6 bullet points on your character’s traits/personality. The rest can be figured out through the RP itself.]

Miscellaneous:
[Gimme a little paragraph about your character. Anything from their line of work, family, history, goals, or anything else that you think would fit for that matter. This section is essentially the history section but with other details jumbled in there.]

~

[ a Pokémon ]

Pokemon:
[Does your character or their family have a Pokémon currently? You don’t have to have one right away, as there will be chances in the RP to get one. Also make sure the Pokémon isn’t anything ludicrous like a Dragonite. I don’t have any set restrictions, but if I feel like your Pokémon is overpowered, I will tell you. With that said, maybe don’t go beyond a secondary evolved form for now, assuming you choose a Pokemon with 3-stage evolution. Also note: If you have an Alolan version of the Pokémon, you'll need to explain how you ended up with one since this is not Alola.]

Nickname:
[What special name will you give your Pokemon? Optional, obviously.]

Moves:

[List its moves. Maybe 2-3 for now. Only one egg/other move allowed though. Everything else has to be a regular move learned through levelled up.]

Other:
[Anything else you want to put in, such as its ability. Maybe how you got the Pokémon, or anything unusual about it.

[my su]
Name: Mason Goyle

Home Town: Valencia Island

Appearance: Mason is a young man that stands approximately slightly above average height, with a somewhat average build. His dirty blonde hair is medium in length, and sometimes a bit messy, although more often than not that’s usually how it tends to look. One of his more noticeable features are his blue eyes, a trait which a few people in his family actually share, oddly enough. His skin is a tad tanned, and also overall free from any sort of acne, marks or scars and looks actually quite smooth. Many people would regard his skin as one of his best traits, physically. In terms of muscle definition, Mason was never much into athletics, however, growing up in an island environment, he does have some athleticism to a certain degree. Although he won't be winning any swimming contests anytime soon, the man is certainly capable of doing extraneous activities.

In terms of clothing, Mason opts for a more simplistic ensemble. He sports a simple fitted, blue collared t-shirt, alongside a pair of red cargo shorts. On his feet he wears light blue slip-ons preferring the ease of mobility and the light-weight they provide giving an almost airy feel. Finishing off his look, he wears a simple, yellow satchel that straps around his body, that he uses to carry various knickknacks and items such as water bottles, sunglasses and the such.

Personality: Optimism is a word that describes much of Mason’s outlook on many things. Preferring to stay on the positive side, Mason is overall a very approachable and genuine person. Some would even say that he is naïve in that sense that he may be a bit overly generous, a trait which many people may try to exploit. However, personally he does not see a flaw in this, but he does know when someone may have malicious intent. He is a caring individual, and is willing to help most people who need it.

Logical and a problem solver, one of his more strong suits is his ability to think on his feet and problem solve his way out of things, whether that be a puzzle or a simple word problem. In terms of his social ability, he can be a bit timid when speaking at first, however, he opens up rather quickly and can hold conversations pretty well.

One more thing to note about Mason, is his drive to complete tasks and work ethic. His personal philosophy is if ‘you are going to do something, do it right the first time’. Going by this, he tries his best to make sure he completes whatever is given to him to the best of his ability, as that is how people will ultimately see you as a hard worker or slacker.

Miscellaneous: Mason has grown up on Valencia Island, being native-born. Being the oldest of three children, Mason has had a lot of experience interacting with other children, namely his siblings as well as early school his parents put him on the island. Growing up, he was always a curious kid (as most are), reading many books and asking a variety of questions. He always the kind of book worm type of kid, and so were both his younger sister and brother. Despite the stereotype, they played a lot outdoors and with other children, leading a fairly simple, yet uneventful life.

As he got older, he took more interest in researching Pokémon habitats, which is one of the reasons he enjoys living on the Orange Islands, with its abundance of wildlife and variations among Pokémon. His siblings on the other hand have all gone on their own separate ways, with his sister heading to Kanto, and brother living in Unova. Mason on the other hand has decided to stay home in Valencia Island, living the simple life with his parents and spending time doing his own thing and helping out with his family’s bakery.

Family run and owned, The Goyle family operates a small bakery on the island that makes everything from cookies to cakes and fresh baked bread. It was originally his mother's bakery, but up until Mason's sister and brother left, his father and Mason himself also work there often to cut employee costs. Many times their family bakes goods for the festival, usually setting up a booth for people to sample and buy some of their food.

~

222.png

Pokemon:
Corsola

Nickname:
Coral

Moves:
Sucker Punch (Egg Move)
Bubble
Recover

Other:
Coral is a Corsola that just happened to take a liking to Mason after spending time with him, and his research. It is a bit too big to fit into a tank, however, Coral spends most of her days at the house, where Mason has set up a small pool for her to live in.

[current players]

Mason Goyle[AJ2000]
Annabelle "Belle" Nyx [Hydrangea]
Rhys Brennan [Schade]
Adam Hayes [Monster Guy]
Matthais Descoteaux[Momma]

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Sign me up. Just sign me up!

On the topic of Overpowered Pokemon. Would it be okay for me to have an Alolan Exeggutor? Kind of like a main powerhouse, but one I don't really use for battles. Rather more humoristic purposes. planned my character to have Two pokemon, the other one being weaker.

Last edited:

AJ2000

Sign me up. Just sign me up!

On the topic of Overpowered Pokemon. Would it be okay for me to have an Alolan Exeggutor? Kind of like a main powerhouse, but one I don't really use for battles. Rather more humoristic purposes. planned my character to have Two pokemon, the other one being weaker.

Humorous purposes? Yeah, sure. Keep in mind it's going to be extremely hard to take an Alolan Exeggutor with your character to another island, considering its size.

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
A Pokemon RPG! Oh gosh! I certainly want a spot so I tried to get a nice solid sign up completed so here it is! If you're not okay with her having a Mimikyu I can change it to something else but otherwise I believe I am finished.

Name
Annabelle "Belle" Nyx

Home Town
Tapu Village, Ula'ula Island, Alola Region

Appearance
uX3284g.png

Being a mere thirteen years old, Belle is rather small, actually the girl is smaller than most girls her age. She stands at a mere 5'3" and weighs a measly 130 pounds, making her appear thin and childlike, especially considering the fact that her breasts are more or less non-existent at a small A cup. Her face is round, childlike, giving her an even more youthful appearance; instead of looking sixteen, people would be more likely to assume she's around twelve or thirteen due to her small and child-like appearance. Her skin is pale but has a noticeable flush, giving it a pinkish tone which fits well with her bright, large pink eyes. She wears a small bit of mascara in order to highlight the large nature of her eyes, and make her face 'pop' in a sense. Her hair is rather long, about down to her waist, very straight and well taken care of, and is dark grey in colour; probably appearing almost black in the right lighting. For accessories to accent the dark nature of her hair she wears a light purple bow with a skull in the center.

In the clothing department, Belle tends to dress somewhat childishly. She adores dresses and bright colours; actually, her favourite colour is purple and she certainly lets that be known in her attire. Her usual fashion sports a light purple dress with a silky texture, it has a darker purple pattern near the bottom which sports miniature diamonds in a small border. The dress is short sleeved, puffy in the sleeves to give a cute 'princess-y' look. The top of the dress sports a small skull bow with two tuffs of fluffy fur on either side of the skull. The back of the dress, although seldom seen due to the length of her hair, sports a dark purple bow that sits just above her rump. To complete her cutesy outfit, she wears white gloves to keep in line with the young 'princess' appearance; along with matching white stockings to cover her legs under the dress to be a little more proper. She wears darker purple pumps, going very well with her dress and overall style.

Personality
Belle is a little… odd, for lack of a better word. She likes cute things, but she also adores the dark things in life; holding a high fascination for death and skulls. She loves animals, and people alike, but she always looks towards the darker aspects of life with open arms. She would probably make a great psychiatrist or perhaps a serial killer if her prospects don’t work out properly. Belle enjoys getting her way more than anything, she’ll actually probably throw a small tantrum if she’s unable to get what she wants. This being said, she is somewhat immature; still childlike in a lot of ways, with a passion for trying to act more mature and “prove” herself to her higher-ups and superiors.

She's a nihilist, despite being so young; believing that life has no meaning so she should make the most of it while she's alive. However, despite actually being intelligent she is still a child at heart; giving little giggles and telling scary stories to get a rise out of those who are younger than her. She wishes she was older so people would take her a little more seriously, but she's fine with getting what she wants because of her cute child exterior.

Miscellaneous
Annabelle Orochi Nyx, as it reads on her birth certificate; was born to the Nyx family in Alola on the Ula'ula Islands. Her family had moved to Alola many years before she was born in order to create a fresh start, and welcome their planned child into a beautiful island environment, rather than the crowded rambunctious streets of Unova where they were from. They welcomed the birth of their daughter on Halloween night, just before the clock would have ticked over into November. It seemed ironic, considering the dark implications of their last name that the child would be born on hallows eve, but they paid it no mind and gave their new daughter all the love she deserved.

Belle had a happy childhood, her father had a great job on the island as the leader of a Pokemon Lover's Club and her mother stayed home to take care of her. It was when she turned eleven years old that her world would change. She was greeted the morning of her eleventh birthday by the Professor of Alola, talking to her about some sort of island trial that all kids on Alola were able to partake in; however she would have to come with him all the way from Tapu Village to Iki Town in Melemele. Her mother was hesitant at first, but let their daughter go. Belle was extremely excited the whole boat ride, having the professor tell her about the island trials and getting her own Pokemon.

Once they arrived, Belle was with three other children her age; who scooped up all the Pokemon they were presented with before she could get one. Belle was extremely upset, she had really wanted that cat one too. The professor smiled at her, plopping a Pokeball in her hands. He told her it contained a rather shy Pokemon who just wanted love, which got Belle extremely curious. She sent out the Pokemon who was of striking resemblance to Pikachu. Belle was confused at first as to why the professor had given her a Pikachu until she saw a dark form peak out from under the makeshift costume. She fell in love with the little creature almost instantly, naming it "Mimi" after the noise it made. She set forth on her island trial after this, but unfortunately it was ultimately cut short by disaster.

Upon arriving back on Ula'ula, her mother was waiting for her, her expression grave. It had turned out that her father had been using his title to establish an almost cult-like organisation that had been caught hurting humans and worst of all killing Pokemon. Belle was devastated by the news, she had always admired her father. The worst part about it all was that no one could find her father, he had fled once the police arrived to shut everything down. As such, for their own safety, Annabelle and her mother were relocated to Valencia Island within the Orange Islands and Annabelle was forced to stop her island trial.

However, she was able to be accompanied by Mimi who everyone around her seems to love. And she's currently loving life on the Orange Islands, and she's so ready for the Harvest Festival, her mother decided to make a coffee booth in order to show the islands Alolan recipes and she intends to help out as much as she can.

~
778.gif

Pokemon
Mimikyu

Nickname
Mimi

Moves
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Charm
  • Play Rough
Other
Slightly smaller than the average Mimikyu, Mmi was received as a starter when Belle decided to start her island trial; however things were not meant to be as halfway through the trial her parents decided to move to Valencia Island within Orange Archipelago. She was forced to abandon all her earnings and only take Mimi with her to remember her trial days, but she's been having fun on the Orange Islands with an odd "new" Pokemon that everyone is fascinated by.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Another question: Are we restricted to only using one Pokemon? I'm planning two pokemon for my character.

AJ2000

@Hydrangea: I'll read the SUs a bit later when I get home or possibly all at once.

@Slim Schady: Preferably one, but you already said the Alolan Exeggutor was not primarily going to be used for battling, correct? And you also said your second Pokémon was going to be weaker, so ya, I guess you can have two since you ran it by me. Permission granted.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
WIP for now. Awesome to see you back in the game, AJ!

Name: Rhys Brennan
Home Town: Heahea City - Alola Region.
pEszsKo.png

Appearance: Rhys is a bit taller than an average young man of his age. He has a rather fit build due to his hobbies, and sports a nice tan as well due to the environment of his hometown of Heahea City in the exotic Alola Region. He has honey-blonde hair, and kind, bright blue eyes that contrasts to his tan. His hair is relatively short, and requires little to no attention in order to look presentable, something he is very grateful for. He is mostly seen with a laid-back smile on his face, and has a positive attitude in how he carries himself. He has near perfectly white teeth as well, and he is considered highly attractive by the people around him, something he is somewhat oblivious about.

For clothing, Rhys dresses only for comfort and practicality. Being an athlete from an exotic region, he almost always wears his trademark tight Purply blue bicycle shorts. He also sports a pale green sidecut tank top which shows off his physique. He is proud of his physique, and doesn't mind showing off. His sneakers are plain black and orange, excellent for his active lifestyle. He doesn't really enjoy dressing fancy, and doesn't spend much money on clothing.

Personality: The first thing people pick up about Rhys' personality is how laidback he is. He rarely worries about anything, and mostly goes with the flow whenever he feels like it. He is a kind guy, and is very easy to get along with. His open-mindedness makes him warm up to people quickly, although he is not naive. He tackles life in his own tempo, and enjoys being social with others, as well as being alone. He is simple of nature, and caring towards the people he befriends. He can sometimes feel like sort of an older brother to others, and might butt into their affairs, regardless of if he's been asked to or not.

His interests mostly lie with physical activity. From an early age, he's been very into bicycling and swimming. Alola being the tropical place it is, there is no shortage of activities for him to partake in. He has, on several occasions, participated in island triathlons. He's not in it for winning, but rather the good feeling of the alolan atmosphere. He spends several hours a day working out in order to be at peak shape. He doesn't really know what he wants to do with his life, but it doesn't bother him too much. He is fairly determined to take on the Island Challenge at some point, although he doesn't see it in the immediate future. He cares little for battles, and views Pokemon as his friends rather than fighting machines.

Socially, Rhys has a tendency to be talkative. He enjoys being around people, although he doesn't particularily enjoy being the center of attention. He is just fine with being in the background at events. He has pretty good social skills, and also has the ability to charm and smooth talk almost everyone to their knees because of it. He doesn't really put any restrictions on himsels, and falls for both men and women as a result. He's more in it for the personality rather than the "hunt". Despite his social way of being, he doesn't normally wear his feelings on his sleeves. He mostly put on a happy face, and hides it whenever he gets angry or depressed. His training regimens are also his way of getting an outlet for his sometimes emotional personality.

Miscellaneous/History..?: Rhys was originally born in the Kanto region to wealthy parents. Due to health issues and the death of his mother after a long struggle with cancer, his father decided to move away from Kanto when rhys was still very young. due to their welath, they had no issues with settling down in the alola region, where his dad planned on retiring early and live out his days. Rhys was enlisted into the local Pokemon Trainer School on Melemele Island, which required quite the commute on his part. He didn't mind though. Seeing as Alola was more or less always warm and sunny, he had no issues with having to travel to get to school. This later sparked his interest in athletics.

One day when he was jogging around on Melemele Island, he managed to trip, and fell down a comically long hill, resulting in a scraped knee. When he managed to get into a sitting position, he was staring right into the face of a Chansey. The chansey glared at him with a cute, yet disturbing smile, before slowly pulling an egg up from her pouch, and slamming it into Rhys' face. This healed his knee, allowing him to continue running his route. The Chansey, however, decided to track him down, and with a surprising speed, she even managed to keep up with his jogging. The two spent a lot of time together that day, and became close friends.

The next day, back at Akala Island, Rhys woke up, staring into the unsettling face of the smiling Chansey. She had somehow managed to track him down, and travel between the islands to find him. She gave him a hug, and it was quite obvious that she wanted to stick by him. Since Pokeballs were scarce, Rhys accepted. It wasn't too rare with Pokemon and trainers meeting this way, and perhaps one day he'd be able to obtain a Pokeball for her. The two became even closer friends as the years passed, and Rhys was tempted to try for the Islan challenge when he was 20 years old.

Though, before he could get started, he heard rumors about the awesome festival that was going to take place at Valencia Island at a faraway region of the Orange Isles. Immediatly sidetracked from his mission and his plans, he decided to leave Akala Island for Valencia Island, hoping to get new experienceswith Happy.

113.gif

Nickname: Happy
Personality: Despite her name, Happy is somewhat of a sociopath, taking great pleasure in the misfortune of others. She can come across as downright crazy at times, and is extremely oblivious to it, always maintaining her happy go-lucky grin. She cares deeply for Rhys. Despite her psychotic traits, Happy takes great care of both Rhys and others in distress, always making sure they are healthy. She also sometimes enjoys playing pranks on others with her Present-Move.
Moves:
- Present
- Mega Kick
- Softboiled

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
The forum rules say personality sections have to be 100 words or more so...

Name: Adam Hayes

Home Town: Valencia Island

Appearance:
3Foerd3.png
tJ6ZFW2.png

Adam is tall and lean, standing at 6'2". His face is round, and a bit boyish, with a small nose, and large, expressive almond shaped eyes, which are a light shade of green. He keeps his short red hair spiky using a good amount of hair gel. Only enough to keep it's shape, but not so much that any girl who may want to run their fingers through his hair hurt themselves. He was born with lightly tanned skin, not pale, but not bronzed either, that is maintained by spending a lot of time outside in the tropical sun. He is an athletic boy, and is in good shape. He has a toned physique, that he got from years of training and being active. He is quite proud of this, and likes to show it off by wearing tight tank tops a lot. Apart from on top of his head and eyebrows, he has no hair on his upper body or face.

Adam has simple tastes when it comes to clothes. He wears what is comfortable, and prefers things that are easy to move around in. He often just pulls something random out of the closet, and wears that. His favorite color is red, and is often covered in that color from head to toe. His usual outfit consists of a red form-fitting tank top that shows off his physique. On the bottom he wears a pair of red cargo shorts, which are held up by a red belt. On his feet, he wears a pair of red sandals. He has a red bandana tied around his forehead, simply because he thinks it looks cool. He sometimes wears a pair of sunglasses with red frames over his eyes. He carries his things in a simple red backpack.

Personality: Adam is a rash, hotheaded young man who has trouble sitting still. He prefers to actually do things, as opposed to sitting there reading about other people doing things. He is brave, sometimes recklessly so, and he enjoys the outdoors and physical activities, he is also physically strong because of those activities. Adam is the type of guy that likes to shoot first, and ask questions later. Often immature and mischievous, he disregards rules, and can often be a troublemaker. He can also be very blunt, and isn't one to sugarcoat things, which usually ends up offending people. When it comes to voicing his opinions, he's not exactly the most polite person, often speaking his mind and never hesitating to shoot down anyone for any number of reasons. He speaks in a crude manner, and has a tendency to swear a lot. He has no problems breaking the rules in order to get things done. Despite his lean appearance, Adam has a big appetite, and he likes to eat a lot. and he likes to eat a lot. He's not picky, about the foods he eats, and is willing to try anything once. He's not picky, about the foods he eats, and is willing to try anything once. He is lucky enough to have a high metabolism so that he doesn't get chubby easily, plus he excercises a lot anyway. He's very competitive, and hates to lose. He is not afraid to resort to dirty tactics if it means a victory. He is an arrogant winner, as well as a sore loser. Often coming to blows with people he has lost to.

At times, he is lazy, and he often procrastinates to get work done. Despite this, he is very stubborn, and once he's set his mind on something, he will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. He is very confident in himself. He thinks he is awesome, and he likes to show off his strength. So much so, that he often comes across as arrogant, he has a tendency to brag about his accomplishments, and he often underestimates others and overestimates himself. It is not difficult to get him mad, and he will not hesitate to hurt people verbally and/or physically if he is provoked enough. If one is patient with him, and he comes to respect someone, they will find he is one of the most loyal friend you could ever ask for. He will stick by you, and defend you no matter what. Although, he will still laugh at you if you did something stupid.

He is a big flirt, and he frequently hits on girls he finds attractive, usually with poor results. It hasn't stopped him from trying, though. While he is not always polite in his interactions with them, Adam loves women, and will do anything for a pretty girl. He is easily deceived, tricked, and manipulated by women. He will also never hit a woman unless she hits him first. Even then, he will hesitate to do so. He also likes playing games, and he can often be found at the game arcades and casinos spending a lot of money to play. Besides playing in the casinos, his favorite pastimes are playing any kind of sport that lets him show off, and winning. He is a nicknamer, and he often gives nicknames to new people he meets. Despite all the chaos that's going on, Adam still tries to keep an optimistic attitude. After all, being angsty all the time isn't going to accomplish anything.After all, being angsty all the time isn't going to accomplish anything. There are several types of people he can't stand. Mostly rich snobs, stoic loners, annoying know-it-alls, and generally anyone he perceives as thinking they are better than him. He purposefully tries to irritate these kinds of people when he meets them, to get a reaction out of them. His biggest insecurity is feeling like he's not good enough, and that he doesn't belong anywhere. He hates being reminded of this fact, and it is the reason why he lashes out when he's upset. All in all, though hotblooded, Adam is a kind hearted, cheerful young man, and he's a loyal friend to those willing to put up with his antics.

History: Adam Hayes was born and raised on Valencia Island. Adam was born to a wealthy upper-class family. Since birth, Adam was expected to live up to the family name, and behave a certain way. Adam just wasn't comfortable with this.As a child, Adam was a bit troublesome. Aside from sports, academics were not his forte. He didn't get good grades, he often got into trouble with his teachers for speaking his mind more than he should, and his parents got a lot of complaints about his behavior which caused them quite a bit of concern. While he may have gotten into trouble a lot, he found it easy to make friends due to his outgoing personality. He quickly became popular on campus, though that didn't help him win over any girls.

Shortly after Adam turned fifteen, his family moved to the Sinnoh Region. His parents thought the change of environment would be good for their son. This disapointed Adam greatly. Plus, he missed having the beach in close proximity. The Hayes family soon moved to a new house in the Upper East side. The parents thought the change of environment would be good for their son. This disapointed Adam greatly. He had friends back home that he had to leave behind, he missed having the beach in close proximity, and he didn't like leaving his island region for a region that was much colder than he was used to.

His new parents enrolled him into an elite Private School, that had very high standards for their students. They thought being in a more structured environment would be good for the boy, as they hoped it would calm him down a bit. This only made Adam even more upset. When he first started attending, Adam decided to rebel by misbehaving more than he usually does, with the hope that they would kick him out. His grades got even worse than before due to not even bothering to study, and he mouthed off to the teachers very often, and broke many of the school's policies. His parents got a lot of complaints about his behavior, and he was often disciplined harshly, not that this mattered to him. He didn't get along well with the other students in this new school, either. They thought he was a low class jerk who didn't belong there, and Adam couldn't stand their snobbish attitudes. He occasionally got into fistfights with other students when he was provoked. Adam would have been expelled were it not for his family's wealth and influence.

After being there for a few years, Adam eventually accepted that he was going to be stuck there until he graduated and no amount of rebeling was going to get him out. Most of the other students thought he wouldn't get very far in life, and Adam was determined to prove them wrong. It helped that his parents bribed him to do better by bribing him with his own Pokemon, as well as his own motorcycle if he managed to graduate. He started studying, and doing much better in his classes. However, his behavior still hadn't changed. He still got into trouble frequently for talking back to his teachers (or flirting with the pretty female substitutes they sometimes brought in,) and getting into fights with other students. Despite everything, he barely managed to graduate from school.

After everything was said and done, Adam decided he wasn't going to let his parents decide how he was going to behave. He decided that he was going back home, to make his own way in life. While his parents were disappointed that their son didn't return home a proper gentleman, they realized that he was old enough to make his own choices, and they just wanted their son to be happy. So, with his parents blessing, Adam returned home to live the life of a Pokemon Trainer.

Pokemon:

004.gif

Species: Charmander

Nickname: Inferno

Moves: Dragon Dance, Ember, Scratch

Personality: Adam received Inferno as a gift from his parents. It was sort of a bribe from his parents to do better in school. Inferno is pretty much exactly like his trainer. He is loud, boisterous, and enjoys a good fight. He is very stubborn, and once he's set his mind on something, he will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. He is very confident in himself, and likes to brag about how strong he thinks he is. He is often seen standing next to his trainer, mimicking his gestures.

I've made no secret of my disdain for Charizard. But sometimes you have to suffer for your art.

Last edited:

AJ2000

@Hydrangea: I like that you are going with a really young character, and you are accepted of course.

@Schade:You are accepted. But you gotta take out one of Happy's, she's got one too many.

@Monster Guy: What's wrong with Charizard ;( ? You are also accepted lol.

I'll add you guys to the OP ^^

Momma

Quality Bonding
Based on certain aspects of my character, I'm going to have my sign-up be a work-in-progress so that, as GM, you can see my thought process and give corrections as you see fit. It's really the history I'm concerned about since whatever-his-name'll-be's background is dependent, really, on what I perceive to be the background of an entire region. If you take issue with that, I'll try to go a different route. But, anyway, I do have a solid idea and I'll try to get this done at an effective time!

[ un homme ]

VSVeteran_M.png

w/o the Pokeballs and looking a lot less happier

Matthais Descoteauxfirst name typically shortened to "Matt" which he doesn't particularly mind.
29 years | M | Coumarine City, Kalos → Lumiose City, Kalos → Valencia Island, Orange Islands

Appearance & Demeanor:
Strong-jawed, broad-shouldered, and standing at a lofty 6’ 5” with a gaze as grey and steadfast as solid stone; Matthias understands, as a stalwart-seeming black man, that he can come across as intimidating and occasionally takes advantage of this, manipulating his appearance from that of a gentle giant to an imposing despot of the kitchen. In truth, there exist a number of constant nuances of Matt’s, from the way his brows arch in incertitude to his evident—but not obfuscating—accent, that hinder his ability to be objectively terrifying. Matthias is a very earnest and, inadvertently, expressive man. Whatever look is on his face is what he’s truly feeling, though many times the emotion is restricted to those nuances of his: wrinkles along his forehead portraying a subtle frown, his eyes flicking back and forth, implying unease, even when his posture is straight and seemingly unperturbed. Only the acute can read Matthias. His voice is consistently steady and, as opposed to his face, his body language is standard, oftentimes stiff. When speaking, a neighbor will recognize an especial deep tone and a characteristic Kalis accent, but also a methodicalness to his voice, a sense that all his replies are generated, propelled by cold, oppressive routine…

Matt does carry with him a distinct feeling of despondency, but for him it does not translate to teary-eyes or long, theatrical sighs, not even sagging shoulders. He is stock-straight, uninspired, almost robotic in-nature. He dresses as expressionlessly as he carries himself, not that he was very ostentatious before—he’s a married, thirty-year-old man—, but he doesn’t even appear to take decent care of himself, which is bafflingly anti-Kalis. The shadow of his past beard in the most striking symbol of his inattention, staining his otherwise sophisticated image with the stubble of a bum. The, frankly, homeless look is only accentuated by everything else: the insipidness, the stoicism, the sadness.

Personality:
Matthias is as kind as he is melancholy, meeting a level of sympathy and understanding both ironic and predictable considering his build and, of course, his stone-coldness. Matt is a deathly-honest man and certainly, almost unfavorably, does not place charity over stating the plain and painful truth. He is both the man who will give the street-walking orphan a check for hundreds and the man who will say to her face that her parents are never coming back for her. It may be deplorable to some, forcing such frankness onto children, especially, but Matthias has never sworn an oath to act fatherly. More so, he looks the play the part as mentor and does feel as obligated to assist younger people as he feels it necessary to act unconditionally sincere. It is Matthias' belief that greatness is inaccessible until its probable attainer is beaten around and spat out.

But Matt is not a saint, nor he is a man without biases, and his unyielding appreciation of candor is rooted in pessimism as well. His luck has not always held out against the will of the world and Matthias does appear especially bitter when in the company of those who have never experienced hopelessness, or at least lucidly pretend they haven't. At present, Matt has reached a treacherous low point in his life where he has been estranged from everything he'd thought he would ever need and he has treated these past three isolated months by allowing himself to fall apart. Many of his neighbors have misconstrued Matt as being the perfect upholder of the Kalisman archetype due to his lack of sociability: pretentious, aloof, and uncaring about those different from him. In earnest, it appears Matthias is willing to bend the truth in dour ways in order to fulfill the inner, brooding part of himself, though the man would never allow such luxury for those he considers deserving of censure. His oxymoronic existence as a sensitive critic is but a woeful one.

Matthias holds a traditional perspective of Pokemon as but super powerful, and, in many ways, supernatural "animals" who live alongside humans but do not exceed them in "class", so to speak. They are nothing more than companions, convenient laborers, and participants in what may or may not be a blood sport. Matthias is unsure of where to stand on the subject of Pokemon battling; his wife sees it as outright abuse, while he is more open-minded to see equal levels of aggression in the wild. Whichever position he adopts will never fly in the face of Matt's undeniable appreciation of how much Pokemon are capable of, though, in the recent past, his policy as head chef was steadfast: Pokemon were never allowed in his kitchen!

Background & At-Present Location:
He could remember, at six years old, standing at the door frame of the congested monorail station, a crowd drawn around a box television set, ogling a nervous new castor constantly fiddling with his glasses and stammering out the unthinkable. He could remember every word, and they were a lot, and they were obscured somewhat by static, but the takeaway as this: what remained of the king and his family had been found scattered along the ground floor of the Parfum Palace, and the people of Kalos were thusly treated that morning with their first taste of freedom.

Matthias grew up during the Kalis Revolution, though was never well-informed of the contention; as a child, he was not often invited to the "news-gatherings" alongside his parents. Being a poor, farming family, the Descoteauxs could not afford their own television, like many others in the hillside sector of the city. They made do with what they had and, often, in part to sickness on behalf of his father and the curious absence of his mother for expanses of time, Matthias was forced to carry much of the burden of the rural lifestyle. His first culinary experiences were plucking heads of corn and making hot meals for Dad. His experience in the kitchen only upped as he aged, and soon cooking was no longer a task he begrudged, but one he reveled in. The boy was no-doubt devoted; at twelve, he was flambéing without supervision. It was the day he performed the technique in front of the strapping young gardener known to, albeit unusually, travel down from the affluent seaside sector and laid out a plate of coq au vin in front of the hungry man that Matthias realized his talent could achieve incredible success, or that he had stand-out talent at all. It was indeed the gardener's promise to see him expand out of Coumarine as he exclaimed, with glinting eyes, "You're a special case, sprout!" Matt's leading takeaway from the enigmatic encounter taught him impressing the wealthy was more or less how to excel from being poor and, on a more positive note, with determination and developed talent, you could truly achieve anything.

Matthias did, in fact, leave Coumarine City altogether after receiving a scholarship for culinary school when an anonymous tipper of high credentials made a point to mention his name. Kalos was, and still is, a region that valued formal education, especially in the wake of the royal family's extirpation. Matthias, at sixteen—a legal adult in Kalis terms—, moved to the Vernal Culinary Academy in Lumiose City, the most populated and united city in all the region, now additionally famous for serving as a "beacon for democracy", the call for a revolution being initially demanded on its many sprawling streets. Matthias spent some time in school, developing his own style and preferences cooking-wise. He worked as a barista at Café Classe and, eventually, bought an apartment of his own when it became time to graduate. Connection with his parents was essentially severed as he turned eighteen after he shared a heartfelt farewell with his father who passed in Coumarine. His mother was not present for that either and Matthias promptly decided his time would be better spent working in the restaurant industry.

Matt has worked in one or two stand-out establishments throughout the last decade, including, most-recently, adopting the role as head chef of Restaurant Le Wow along Hibernal Avenue. Matthias scaled the ranks with his reputation to whip the junior cooks into proper shape. Upon entering the kitchen, it was likely his gruff voice barking orders and spraying curses abound that would rise to one's attention first over the hisses and pops of sizzling vegetables. As a man set on pragmatism, he did not find shouting in-particularly fun, but, as typical of him, he found it necessary. Anyway, he seemed quite assured with his position within Le Wow and, after years of fighting to apply his culinary expertise in the working world, he was finally attaining a steady income. Matthias and an ambitious friend had even made plans to start a restaurant of their own creation along Vernal.

It was also, at around twenty-seven years, Matthias married a woman named Colette who was, almost pointedly, everything he was not. She was a firebrand with a foot firmly planted in the liberalism movement that had consumed Kalos after the democracy it had revolted for began to collapse in upon itself. The incredible divide between the rich and impoverished, though not prominent in Lumiose City, was blatant even to uninformed tourists, especially in places like Santalune where the penniless bawled and begged at the doorstep of the most affluent private academy in the region. The men and woman who had sought freedom for their compatriots were now bickering behind closed doors, the sole Kalis leaders as estranged from their people as the royal family had been. It took about two decades for the people to collectively admit that, in spite of the lost lives and property damage inflicted in the name of future democracy, the revolution had not worked and Kalos had not changed. Therefore, it was time to start again, and Matthias was caught in the middle of possibly the largest mutiny in the region's history. Only looking to return from work one evening, he saw the armed men first with their authorized uniforms, and then he heard a gunshot. The rest was a haze as he bolted through the proceeding chaos the first moment he could recognize the bullet was not intended for him. It was with the realization Matthias could have died in that instance when his paranoia peaked and he decided he had to leave Kalos before Lumiose City was inevitably set ablaze. Colette refused to follow his lead.

In the three months since his departure to the Islands, Matthias has rented a small house in a humble neighborhood within Valencia and made very apparent his hatred of this lifestyle. The reliance on agriculture for him triggers unpleasant reminiscence of his upbringing and the tropical environment has left no virtual impact on his cheerlessness. Fortunately, some of his stubborner neighbors have convinced him to capitalize on the upcoming Harvest Festival as a chance to flaunt his cooking ability.​

[ son bâtard ]

Malva_Fennekin_Adventures.png

Saffron the Fennekinnickname inspired by the stunning-yellow color of his fur and one of Matthais' most utilized spices.
6 months | M | Lumiose City, Kalos → Valencia Island, Orange Islands

Miscellaneous Traits and Background:
Despite the brilliance of his coat, Saffron is surprisingly far from adhering to Fennekin breed standards. In fact, his golden coat, which he is in-particularly meticulous about grooming, is quite easily attained by breeders through crossbreeding with species like Growlithe. It is the comparative smallness of Saffron's ears, the "defining feature" of the Fennekin lineage, and slight stockiness to his form, all of which is near-indiscernible, though not to the critical eye of a breeder, and Saffron's nonconformity is only accentuated by his snaggletooth and unyielding chest fur. In conclusion, there is far too much Growlithe in the Fennekin's blood to seem less than feral in the eyes of an aristocratic customer, and instead of admitting to their inexperience, the breeder thought it better to throw the creature to the curb. Saffron was found sifting through garbage in the dingy alleyway behind Le Wow by Matthias who was working a late shift. It was the first time he'd seen a Pokemon in such pitiable condition, so out of sympathy, and later with Corrine's assistance, he nursed the Fennekin back to health. A bond was birthed from that point forward.

Saffron himself is expectantly trusting of Matthias. He also has a bit of a temper about him with his emotion being tied directly to the condition of his flames. The Fennekin has fortunately learned the importance of keeping his ability under wraps, especially while indoors, but on occasion has taken steps backwards. He seems especially frightened of dark, claustrophobic areas, and when he found himself locked in the broom closet once, he scorched a hole in the door. In the presence of his partner, Matthias has seemed to lighten up on his old policy of "no Pokemon ever in the kitchen" as Saffron regularly attends him in that environment, watching with interest at Matt's attempts to liven his stagnated life using colorful cooking techniques. The Fennekin oftentimes eats the same meals as his partner as well, mainly for monetary reasons, as Pokemon feed makes for a costly investment, not to say Matt isn't decently prosperous.

Moves & Abilities:
  • Magician - Saffron inherently senses whether an opponent is clutching an item. In the midst of attacking, he will likely find a way to snatch the held item away.
  • Incinerate - Anytime the Fennekin expels flame it can be characterized as this: a "complete burn". Usually Saffron ejects a steady stream of flames from his mouth, but fire is a very insubordinate element, even to its inherent users, and especially at such a young age, Sorrel can become riled enough to retch fiery blasts out his ears and nostrils. Doing such creates an uncomfortable sensation (consider the feeling of having hot milk come up your nose). For more battle-experienced Fire Pokemon, Incinerate—the more-proficient control of flame—is oftentimes used to consume disposable held items, like berries, rendering them unusable.
  • Scratch - Saffron will lash out with his claws, usually when feeling peeved or threatened, or when the opportunity arises for a melee strike in combat situations.
  • Tail Whip - Saffron takes advantage of his bushy tail as a means of disorienting an enemy and briefly lowering their defenses. Oftentimes this move combos with Scratch.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Assuming oyu meant Happy's moves, I removed Thunderpunch. The thought of a drop-kicking Chansey was too funny to remove Mega Kick. lol

AJ2000

@Momma: Hard to see what you are going for with your character as of right now, so I'll chime in when I see it to be necessary.

@Schade: I goofed up, meant to say Happy's moves ^^

::EDIT:: I was thinking of starting the RP sometime this week as well. I'll have my own character's sheet up sometime this week as well

Momma

Quality Bonding
Actually, I have a question. If the Pokemon can have 1 unnatural move, where does it come from? Do TMs and move tutors exist within the realm of this RP?

Also, that map of the Archipelago you linked in the OP is incredibly small and doesn't seem to expand.

Last edited:

AJ2000

Actually, I have a question. If the Pokemon can have 1 unnatural move, where does it come from? Do TMs and move tutors exist within the realm of this RP?

Also, that map of the Archipelago you linked in the OP is incredibly small and doesn't seem to expand.

Move Tutors do exist, yes, but not so much TMs. Sorry, I should have made that more apparent (when I meant 'other' moves, I generally meant move tutors). You are allowed one egg move and/or a move tutor move (hence why Schade's Pokemon has a egg move plus a move tutor move).

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Does the moves really matter though? in my case, I just added whatever would make Chansey as hilarious as possible. My moveset was considered OP because of Thunderpunch, which I removed. Mega Kick is a Move Tutor move from FrLg, and Present is an egg move. imo, TM's should be allowed, as long as it is not OP Af.

AJ2000

Does the moves really matter though? in my case, I just added whatever would make Chansey as hilarious as possible. My moveset was considered OP because of Thunderpunch, which I removed. Mega Kick is a Move Tutor move from FrLg, and Present is an egg move. imo, TM's should be allowed, as long as it is not OP Af.

I agree, I kind of want to incorporate TM moves, so I guess in that case we can just go with Mon's idea of making them Move Tutor moves. With that said, moves overall don't matter that much, so try not to focus around that too much

Momma

Quality Bonding
Unfortunate... Does that mean Incinerate is out of the question of a Fennekin, or is it believable enough to say Saffron just "developed" the move, possibly from having to better defend himself in a harsher environment (having been abandoned)?

Never mind, that's a fine compromise. I'll probably apply my above logic all the same, at least to some extent. I'm pretty much steadfast on having Saffron have a more "interesting" Fire-type move in his arsenal.

App should be finished soon!
App is finished! Apologies jic there are some spelling/simple grammatical errors.

Last edited:

AJ2000

@Momma: Great SU, good detail :0 Nice to see a chef character! You are of course, accepted.

And to all, I will have my own character SU up tomorrow as well as try and have the RP up by tomorrow. Will have more details on his thread while I try and get a discussion thread approved also.