• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An OU team that actually works for me

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
I just made this team and its working better than my other teams for me. Here it is:

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- HP [Ice]
This is the guy the team is based around. He works really, really good for me in this set. Thunderbolt KO's about anything that gets in its path, while focus blast and grass knot deal with the rest of them. If I get one nasty plot in it really helps this guy out.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 56 HP / 200 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
I usually batton pass a sub and a couple of charge beams to Salamence or Thundurus-T. Thunderbolt is if I can OHKO one of the other teams Pokemon while I'm batton passing.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
This guy is more defensive but, let me tell you, he can sweep. Thunderbolt is my main move while Flash Cannon is more of a back-up. T-wave and sub really help the whole team out if I can get one.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
Sweep. One word for this guy. Sweep. Pretty simple. He just does his thing. Spins away da rocks. That's about it.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Toxic Spikes
Set up rocks and spikes. Can also spin rocks away. He usaully sets up and volt switches to a sweeper or jolteon. Really helps this team sweep and all.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost
A sweeper. Gets batton pass from jolteon and outrages away. EQ for coverage. Two outrages usually defeat a team. He is the main sweeper of the team and without him this team would be nothing.

There it is. Now rate away.​

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I can see Ferrothorn giving you a lot of problems. It's very common and Focus Miss from Thundurus is your only solid answer to it. Sure, Cloyster can take it but Thunder Wave. Cloyster does not like that even at +2.

To remedy this I'd suggest HP Fire and Magnet Pull on Magnezone as without them Ferro will likely eventually win if it can get around your Sub for a Leech Seed.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Thunderus: HP ice > Grass Knot
Cloyster: Surf/Hydro Pumo > Rapid Spin. A sweeper aint got time to spin, Forry does that already.
Mence: If you're using Roost, use Dragon Claw as STAB move to have opportunities to use it.
Jolteon: HP ice > Charge Beam, it's too frail to set up.
Zone: see Loco's post.
Give Forretress a Red Card to phaze setup sweepers

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
I can see Ferrothorn giving you a lot of problems. It's very common and Focus Miss from Thundurus is your only solid answer to it. Sure, Cloyster can take it but Thunder Wave. Cloyster does not like that even at +2.

To remedy this I'd suggest HP Fire and Magnet Pull on Magnezone as without them Ferro will likely eventually win if it can get around your Sub for a Leech Seed.

Thunderus: HP ice > Grass Knot
Cloyster: Surf/Hydro Pumo > Rapid Spin. A sweeper aint got time to spin, Forry does that already.
Mence: If you're using Roost, use Dragon Claw as STAB move to have opportunities to use it.
Jolteon: HP ice > Charge Beam, it's too frail to set up.
Zone: see Loco's post.
Give Forretress a Red Card to phaze setup sweepers

Thanks! I switched everything you guys said and ill test it out later.

Atrocious

Well, if the team is indeed centered around Thundurus, then you need something to take out it's threats. Terrakion absolutely murders this team back and forth as it outspeeds everything here besides Jolteon and it can't really do much to it. I'd swap out Jolteon for Landorus-T as Jolteon doesn't really do much here. I'm not sure what you hit hard with Grass Knot as the only thing it really hits hard is idk, Swampert and other bulky, heavy waters. Rotom-W doesn't take much from it, not do other light water types. Pretty sure even Gastrodon with 4x weakness to Grass can take one to the face but not too sure so I'd probably swap that out for HP Ice so you don't have to rely on Focus Miss to deal with ground types.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Well, if the team is indeed centered around Thundurus, then you need something to take out it's threats. Terrakion absolutely murders this team back and forth as it outspeeds everything here besides Jolteon and it can't really do much to it. I'd swap out Jolteon for Landorus-T as Jolteon doesn't really do much here. I'm not sure what you hit hard with Grass Knot as the only thing it really hits hard is idk, Swampert and other bulky, heavy waters. Rotom-W doesn't take much from it, not do other light water types. Pretty sure even Gastrodon with 4x weakness to Grass can take one to the face but not too sure so I'd probably swap that out for HP Ice so you don't have to rely on Focus Miss to deal with ground types.

Ok, but what set for jolteon? I'm not that good at sets and need a little help there. So, landurus-T? I switched Grass knot for HP ice already.