• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

An Undersea Place to Call Home! (827)

Vernikova

Champion
Another episode I recently watched, and it was a dull as I remember it being. At least they aired it.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Undersea exploration, a lot can be done with a subject like this. Considering that Ash has already had several adventures under the sea, it would have been nice if the episode could of had more action and/ or drama. I will call it passable but a little on the lazy side.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Japan did the same thing, they're used to delayed anime episodes.

I was expecting to see any changes within the script, but what shocked me was they kept the episode attached to the second season. Knowing this dub's work, they could have slapped the first season opening on it, and I'd be ok with it. Of course, this is a minor complaint. Glad this episode aired regardless, even if it doesn't add anything much to the table.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
WE ARE GOING BACK IN TIME, TO THE TIMES WHEN WE DID NOT FOCUS HEAVILY ON ROLLER SKATER GIRLS AND RANDOM SUMMER CAMPS DURING SPRING(?) SEASON.

Adults in this world don't give a second thought in bringing kids to their science trips, do they?

Way to make complicated machines for really mundane decisions, Clemont, but hey, at least its mundane utility granted it anti-explosive properties.

Japan did the same thing, they're used to delayed anime episodes.

Or they straight up cancel the episode and sometimes, somehow cause a massive change in plot flow.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
WE ARE GOING BACK IN TIME, TO THE TIMES WHEN WE DID NOT FOCUS HEAVILY ON ROLLER SKATER GIRLS AND RANDOM SUMMER CAMPS DURING SPRING(?) SEASON.

Adults in this world don't give a second thought in bringing kids to their science trips, do they?

Way to make complicated machines for really mundane decisions, Clemont, but hey, at least its mundane utility granted it anti-explosive properties.

Or they straight up cancel the episode and sometimes, somehow cause a massive change in plot flow.

That episode never got aired for a good reason lol, here a ship in Korea sunk and didn't have that big of impact on Japan.

Because of how Japan got hit the 2011 storm it's understandable they couldn't air it.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
It's awesome to finally see this episode air. :) Turns out I've been pronouncing Dragalge incorrectly this whole time, though. My only complaints are; 1: Ash not catching Skrelp. The ending looked like it would have been perfect for Skrelp to decide to join Ash's team. 2: The complete lack of Sludge Wave use from any Skrelp or Dragalge. Admittedly a minor complaint- Sludge Wave is my favorite move, after all. And 3: That glaring error with Qwilfish's bellies when Serena was looking at them from in the submarine.

Minor complaints aside, loved the episode. :) I just would've liked for Ash to catch that Skrelp, though. I mean, the whole reason Ash decided to start fishing was to possibly catch a new Water-type to help out against Grant, and he just lets the Skrelp go. The main characters need more Poison-types IMO. And one other thing- I was kinda hoping Jessie would take one look at a Dragalge and go off about how its beauty is perfectly suited for someone like her, or something like that, and make it her goal to catch one.

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was fine, but nothing too special. At least we got this episode out of the way after it was delayed, and the writers were smart enough to let us see what was inside the treasure safe.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I'm glad this episode finally aired but it was strange to try and remember that this was meant for the past.

It was a nice episode. Enjoyed watching all the different water types swimming about and enjoying their shared habitat. Skrelp was an interesting character and I too thought it would have been great for Ash to catch one and end up with a Dragon/Poison type (must remember to try and pronounce dragalge correctly too).

Nice episode, back on track and onto the next one!

Oh yeah, this was that one episode that never aired during the first XY season. yet the opening theme for the second season was left in.
Not complaining, just voicing something I noticed out loud.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad it aired. Instead of being left out.

A good filler episode.

Pikachu52

Can Team Rocket do nothing right. What exactly were they doing wrong in salvaing the ship. Although laws about the legal ownership of goods in a shipwreck vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, there is precedent that if no attempt is made by the legal owner to reclaim the property after a long period of time it is considered abandoned and becomes anyones game. However that could be different in Kalos of course and the two shipwreck archeologists could have been contracted or lawfully authorised to salvage the wreck. Who knows...

Other than that it's okay. Not sure why they send Serena down in the submarine with Ash. She didn't help much. Clemont would have been better. Skrelp was good - It's a pity Jessie didn't catch one. it would have been a good Pokémon for her.

Overall it's a good filler - 7/10

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Can Team Rocket do nothing right. What exactly were they doing wrong in salvaing the ship. Although laws about the legal ownership of goods in a shipwreck vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, there is precedent that if no attempt is made by the legal owner to reclaim the property after a long period of time it is considered abandoned and becomes anyones game. However that could be different in Kalos of course and the two shipwreck archeologists could have been contracted or lawfully authorised to salvage the wreck. Who knows...

They were also willfully damaging a wild Pokemon habitat, which is what the others had a problem with (and which there are definitely laws against). Do note that they did manage to get away with the treasure too. Sure, they lost it later after wrecking their sub by driving into a whirlpool, but that was purely their own fault.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
After an airing schedule switcheroo, An Undersea Place to Call Home! doesn't exactly live up to the hype. Ash & Co. go on an undersea exploration to rediscover the remains of a sunken ship, the fate of which is highly reminiscent of the RMS Titanic. Kinda disturbing, no? Anyway, they find the ship, blah blah blah, Team Rocket comes along, blah blah blah, Ash & Co. save the day and everything's okay. Throughout the XY saga so far, it seems whenever Team Rocket is at the root of the episode's predicament it always ends up being a boring, uninteresting episode. Why is that? Well, Team Rocket simply is not at all interesting or entertaining. The audience has no reason to care about them anymore. They are no longer the lovable losers of the Original Series, or even tolerable like they were in Advanced. Now, they just fill up screentime. Quite a contrast.

Highly unenjoyable episode. No entertainment value here. Move along.

Grade: D

Side Note: By the way, how ridiculous is it that this episode portrays an entire sunken ship being carried by a current, as if it has stayed completely intact after all these years?

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm I liked how Ash and Serena spent quality time underwater here and I thought Skrelp was kinda cute as well. I'm just confused regarding why this episode was postponed in the first place. ^^;

JudySpell

Banned
This was the infamous postponed XY episode. I thought it shouldn't have even aired since Skrelp wasn't that great nor was the sunken ship plot. 6/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
To save myself the headaches, I watched this episode in its proper order after the amaura episode. Being two years behind on episodes really helped here. At least I got my first glimpse of the season 18 credits, and man, those were great. :)

I find it interesting that Team Rocket actually almost got away with that treasure. It's funny that if it hadn't been for the current blasting off and them accidentally dropping the safe, they would have gotten away rich. The twerps didn't even go after them, and they didn't even know the safe sank. Apart from that it was an average episode, but it was cool seeing all the different water pokemon.

7/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, decent postponed filler, though I was disappointed by the small roles that Clemont and Bonnie had. I giggled with delight when Froakie showed up on the Magikarp submarine's periscope, though. Twas funny.~

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't agree that this is filler. People who are saying that only say that because it aired out of order, so we don't feel that we NEED to see this to understand Grant's Gym. If it had aired in order, no one would say it's filler because the idea for Rock Tomb Climb comes from this episode.