• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

an unknown variant of Arseus?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
hey, I went to Eevee's site from the main page (on the note about contributing sprites for alternate forms), and in a .rar folder I downloaded there, I noticed that there's an unknown form of Arseus. I counted, there were 18 variants of Arseus in the folder, and it was a different color from the 17 others, so apparently, it wasn't mistaken for another type. I'm wondering what it might be.

[IMG200]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Yamato-san/493-unknown.png[/IMG200]

What the hell is it? Is it Arseus in the ??? type (the same as Curse)? If so, would it have any weaknesses, or would Arseus be more godly than it already is? How would Judgement Pebble work in this form? Is there an item within the game's data that Arseus can hold in order to turn into this form?

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
I'm not a fan of Aruseus, but that is seriously cool. IF it is the ??? type, I must say it's about damn time! I've been wanting a ???-type Pokemon FOREVER!

Interesting about the weaknesses, but. I'll have to get right on that with thinking.
Could it be the shiny version of one of its non-Normal forms?

EDIT:
I think it might be the Bug-type version.
Since you said there were 18 forms, that would be all 17 types, plus the golden Shiny version.
Although these screenshots aren't the best quality, the Bug Aruseus matches the green/purple colour scheme. http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/aruseus.shtml

Last edited:

DoaJ

Concrete Bluesman
No, we've seen all the shinies. Thats been clarified already..Im so intrigued though..

Maybe this form can only be gotten with a secret tile obtained from events. If this form really has no weakness then that is not very fair since he is already the strongest Pokemon.

Kyumi

that's totally his dragon type

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
OOR as said before someone found it on the net which was a re-coloured one thought it was official and just claimed it was.

Because I know tons of talented people who can re-colour Pokemon.

GUYS!
Come on some of you need to grow up Serebii ALREADY has a guide for the different forms here - http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/aruseus.shtml

Kyumi

oop, you're right. my bad guys.

Grabacr

Belkan Ace
While they look remarkably similar, that form isthe bug type. Its ring is more turquoise than green, and the purple is much brighter.

At first I thought it was just the pathetic shots of Aruseus' various forms and that maybe some level adjustment would let us see the real color. But, it'd still be green (the bug type photo) after levelling. Fiddling with the hues in Photoshop lets you make "new" forms easy.

that's totally his dragon type
The Dragon form is more purple then Gray/blue.

EDIT: Sorry. someone have aldreddy post that. ^^'

Anyway: What i can see it's not a bug form becuse the bug form is more green.

EDIT: Now when i see closer to the Bug type pic. I see the purple "stones" on it. ^^'

Last edited:

Diaruga_Ex

I remember seeing something about this at the Nsider forums. It does not resemble the other forms colors at all. You can't tell from those bad pictures on serebii's site. So the person that posted it on Nsider posted the ripped sprites of all his other forms , including bug, and it didn't match any of the others. It is different from all of them. Also it's in eevees file for Aruseus and his forms so I doubt it's just a recolor.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Ah, my bad. The Bug AND Unknown forms are both in that zip file. And since that Eevee fellow apparently ripped them, we can rule out it being a fake.

Back to the drawing board, then...

Grabacr

Belkan Ace
Ah, my bad. The Bug AND Unknown forms are both in that zip file. And since that Eevee fellow apparently ripped them, we can rule out it being a fake.

Back to the drawing board, then...

Well, if it is a God plate it'll be an event item, possibly held by an event pokemon. Could it be that he has no weaknesses (maybe even taking only 1/4 of damage) while having STAB for every move.

I have a feeling this form is going to be very broken, so much so that it'll throw the metagame into the garbage.

Wendigo

I heart Grimgravy.
IMO Wobuffet owns Arseus!

Erm... rite?
No, that would be Korobooshi.

It probably is one of those type variants that will make more people whine about Arseus than they already are at the moment. For some reason I feel that this form may be an in-between form for the others. Hey, it might not do crap for all we know.