• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ANAKBAE's Art Gallery

To prove that you're a human please answer the following question: 3 + 3 = ?

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 3+3

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • ?

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

AnakBaé

owzPI.png

Yow, I'm Anakbae. You probably don't know me since I'm one of those weird freelance art maker who never run or work for Serebii art shops.
Honestly I had no intention to make this thread whatsoever, but since it's extremely hard to keep track of all my works and the fact that I freakin hate photobucket, which were why I ended up making this thread instead. Fyi, I use Gimp (yes you heard me) for all my banners and Corel Painter X3 for drawings. And yes I love Comic Sans, so bear with me, comic sans haters. Also, don't hesitate to throw me some critiques, cuz I need them in order to get into a higher level. Enjoy.

Spherical Banners:
Warning, Huge sized banners!

2im6vzq.jpg

kzXvZ.png

exLO9.png

SW0Zx.png

02XIA.png

OsoHn.png

BH7Fy.png

10_zps103d59fc.png

FB2xX.png

lHZK0.png

2XDdQ.png

wEzG.png

owzPI.png

jVNma.png

Unknown Species
8_zpscc14f539.png

RtvMH.png

DqjnG.png

P0xcU.png

W4bd9.png

CjQei.png

pSRYv.png

loMsx.png

CvaP.png

pzTO2.png

FIp2.png

gPDAl.png

Some Banners in a non-organized classification.
qJdDh.png

yYaZB.png

XJyOl.png

A5DJM.png

7gb5T.png

JaB5x.png

T5gB8.png

Eqc1.png

gpBNJ.png

OverlightbannerMegaChar_zps57d96abb.png

H1W

Escavalier_zpsf1dbc128.png

k9MxK.png

Small Sig Banner:
CNkqI.png

2URt.png

67MEq.png

tMkD.png

zDM7K.png

Smallsig_zps01fadea8.png

Smallsig2_zps1c97ab58.png

Axis Banners
(no clue why I named it this way):

dFMGH.png

DPzqO.png

cUJM.png

Smaller Version:
b4tsq.png

Supernova Banner:
(I'm out of ideas for name really)
kjpWC.png
s4aeq.png

T9QE.png
IL6M5.png

JjeNc.png
CmFnG.png

qecSM.png
B0mbU.png

Bq43.png
8iQpR.png

o5jM.png
3wlUF.png

Banner_zps29f7a750.png

Banner_zps686f4f0a.png

KwCty.png

Banner_zpsc2504b3d.png

Tournament Winner Banners:
1esstone-Copy_zpsf92ba011.png
2_zps812c2d48.png
3_zps395ee320.png

lWVOM.png
TBCUbers2.png
TBCUbers3.png

iU8Zn.png

3GkeH.png

9SfMX.png

mV5R_zps4a50063c.png

wFS9H_zpsb2a41687.png

KaOB2_zps9b3b3589.png

74eKO.png

kOvE2.png

EuIwU.png

Headline Banners:
Warning, another pack of huge banners:
3MEUF.png

TBCMiniTour.png

BY5oH.png
I will do updates later. Don't wait for it.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I see in your style alot of work with "Relief" though I never really liked this feature.
But I think your doing an great job with it and even while I dislike it, I found it nicely done in your products.

Last edited:

AnakBaé

I see in your style alot of work with "Relief" though I never really liked this feature.
But I think your doing an great job with it and even while I dislike it, I found it nicely done in your products.

Hey thanks man! Hmmm what do you mean by this "relief"?

---

Update for today:

CxcgS.png

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
10_zps103d59fc.png

In my language is called Relief, I though it was the same in english, my mistake :p.

Anyway, in the above spoiler you have used an effect in photoshop that automaticly creates dept in forms
so uhm, I Hope you know what I mean now :)

AnakBaé

10_zps103d59fc.png

In my language is called Relief, I though it was the same in english, my mistake :p.

Anyway, in the above spoiler you have used an effect in photoshop that automaticly creates dept in forms
so uhm, I Hope you know what I mean now :)

Ohhhh that one. I usually use the word "relief" for words like "pain relief" so pardon my cluelessness lollllll.
You noticed that. Yeah I use that effect a lot. Maybe because of preference, since I want things to look "real" or "less flat" which is also the reason why I always use Drop-shadow in all my banners.
Thanks for the feedback man! appreciate it.

AnakBaé

Love your use of Scanlines. I've been a fan of your work, I really enjoy your style!

Thank you very much B]

---

Updates for today:

EMaeA.png

Was trying to do c4d stuff in the background but ended up just like that. Welp might as well try again next time. :/

P0xcU.png

you better join

Last edited:

AnakBaé

great work as usual my friend :)

Very nice, I personally love the Registeel "Supernova" banner. ^_^

Waw thanks guys!

---

Update
gpBNJ.png

Feeling quite successful with this one.

qJdDh.png

Trying out styles. So far so good.

nVMWN.png

Not satisfied with this.

GK3Z.png

Minor smudge. Still not satisfied.

OsoHn.png

Experimenting with new possible toys for the good ol circle banner. Not a promotional clan/tour/rmt banner, just recreational.

BH7Fy.png

Neither this one. Just tried to confirm the new technique after making a similar style for a league.

AnakBaé

Finally finished the midterms; time for upload.
I experiments a lot and sick of doing the same thing over and over again, so you will see some different types of stuff and improvement. Some improved, some worsened

kzXvZ.png

^Hit it.^
exLO9.png

^Experimenting with light effect and modes. ^

yYaZB.png

XJyOl.png

^Experimenting with grunge brushes."

A5DJM.png

7gb5T.png

JaB5x.png

ZILUH.png

7K4Xd.png

^Experimenting with new size and styles, because I'm sick of my usual sizes."

hR3O7.png

Turned into this:

T5gB8.png

Eqc1.png

^ More focused light stuff. ^

1. Veder is my alias for real name btw, in case you wondering about the name in the corner of the banners.
2. I promise, I will look for more fonts lmao.

Last edited:

GainZ

What you need to do is work on lighting, depth and flow. To be 100% honest there is no flow at all in any of these. take a look at this piece I did back in my day where all i focused on was depth. Look at my Freeze signature I did like almost a year ago. Notice how the flow spirals into the center where the focal is the globe in his hand? Then you have depth which doesnt make the image look flat. Lastly notice how i used the light to create depth and the focal point. Im not trying to show off how good I was but im trying to make you better by giving advice that i learned over years of doing Graphic Design, but ignore the text as it was back when i sucked at text. Honestly should've left it out.

AnakBaé

What you need to do is work on lighting, depth and flow. To be 100% honest there is no flow at all in any of these. take a look at this piece I did back in my day where all i focused on was depth. Look at my Freeze signature I did like almost a year ago. Notice how the flow spirals into the center where the focal is the globe in his hand? Then you have depth which doesnt make the image look flat. Lastly notice how i used the light to create depth and the focal point.
Hmmmmm "flow" eh? Yeah I never thought about that before. I will surely do some experiments to try that out.

Im not trying to show off how good I was but im trying to make you better by giving advice that i learned over years of doing Graphic Design, but ignore the text as it was back when i sucked at text. Honestly should've left it out.
Don't worry lol. The only way to become better is to compare your stuff with someone else and you did a great job explaining that. There's no way for me to know the what hell "flow" is if you didn't show me your stuff actual stuff for me to look at.
Thanks for the critiques and feedback. Appreciate it.

GainZ

Your welcome I've done been retired from graphics. I had my shine back in the day just trying to help out the next gen of graphic designers. Just another tip for creating flow without really knowing how, what you do is get a render that has a lot of flow or is moving in a direction and create your effects in the direction. If that makes sense, I can show you an example when I get home. Right now I'm on my iphone

Last edited:

AnakBaé

Your welcome I've done been retired from graphics. I had my shine back in the day just trying to help out the next gen of graphic designers. Just another tip for creating flow without really knowing how, what you do is get a render that has a lot of flow or is moving in a direction and create your effects in the direction. If that makes sense, I can show you an example when I get home. Right now I'm on my iphone

Ahh I get it now. I assume it's like adding a motion blur to a certain direction.
Sure man, that would be even more fantastic. Thanks for the idea.