• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Analysis Versus Passion! (930)

phanpycross

God-king
I have no idea, it's getting worse than Cameron.

Please. Sawyer will be forgotten the moment XYZ ends.

Mofos be memeing about Cameron when our grandkids are having grandkids.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Since switching apparently isn't a thing anymore...

When was the last time Ash switched out in a battle? (Legit asking here, I have no idea.)

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I don't think the battle is that bad, but if people are gonna say this league is the most hyped league ever, well....you are in for a HUGE disappointment... and don't even get me started on "saving budget" for Ash vs Alain... that was said for this battle, and this battle is Hoenn level at best.

nameman

I don't think the battle is that bad, but if people are gonna say this league is the most hyped league ever, well....you are in for a HUGE disappointment... and don't even get me started on "saving budget" for Ash vs Alain... that was said for this battle, and this battle is Hoenn level at best.

For the first half yes, but that's only half the battle. The 2nd half is going to pick up the pace and probably be better than the first. That you think this battle is currently a Hoenn League battle in quality shows that it isn't bad at all. The only real problem so far is the pace, but even that can be explained by that being Shota's battling style.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the only thing I would nitpick about is Ash leaving Talonflame in against Clawtizer, but then you could the same about Sawyer leaving the latter in to die by Pikachu.

Slaking taking out Hawlucha I don't care for because we had no idea what Sawyer's last pokemon was until last week, and when we learned he had all eight badges before Ash, I knew he had to have some form of power other than his starter and the other three (who never seemed to do well) we had known about up to that point, he only revealed Clawtizer before the league though.

My question remains to those still complaining, what will it take for you to get over what's transpired so far?

Red and Blue

Ive come to accept that some fans just wont be satisfied with this league regardless of how good Sawyer and Alain's matches are and argue endlessly over trivial details

Even if Ash wins

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Since switching apparently isn't a thing anymore...

When was the last time Ash switched out in a battle? (Legit asking here, I have no idea.)

Good question, I actually don't know.... lol
You know there is a problem when you can't remember the last time Ash switched his pokemon, unless if the writers think switching is not important...

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Why does this happen every Sawyer episode lol

Mainly because people refuse to accept the fact that Sawyer has improved enough to give some troubles to everyone's favorite Ash Ketchum. I personally don't have an issue with that, since I'm one of the (very) few people that actually like Sawyer. Sure, maybe he became very strong a bit too fast, but he could be have an hidden talent that only needed to be brought to the surface.

After all, Einstein as well had a lot of issues with Maths when he was a kid, and over time he has become one of the best physicists in the world. Nothing is stopping Sawyer from performing a similar feat, even if not to Einstein's levels. Rocky start, yes, but he then got constant improvement later.

nameman

I'm sure "favorite" is just a placebo. It's the absurd fast growth we don't like.

It isn't that absurd. Off screen land has existed since time immemorial. That Sawyer has gotten this good is not a shock.

Epicocity

Good question, I actually don't know.... lol
You know there is a problem when you can't remember the last time Ash switched his pokemon, unless if the writers think switching is not important...

Pretty sure it was Clemont, but since then we've had:

Valerie 2v2 (not much room to switch)
Sawyer: 2 3x1v1s (couldn't switch) and a 3v3
Olympia: Double Battle (couldn't switch)
Alain: 1v1s
Diantha: 1v1
Wulfric: 3v3.

So, really only the last Sawyer battle and the Wulfric battle were truly switchable.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm sure "favorite" is just a placebo. It's the absurd fast growth we don't like.

But do we have to hear about it every time Sawyer dies anything mildly competent.

They seriously have done worse things to other rivals then rushing them a little bit so they get stronger faster, The hate just fie that is just hilariously disproportionate

nameman

He's the only major character who got a Key Stone and the convenient Mega Stone from thin air.

Even so, we knew this was coming since XYZ001. It has been in the opening for so long that complaining about it is pointless. It's time to let it go.

Last edited: