• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Analysis Versus Passion! (930)

Soniman

Break the Limit
Honestly Im not expecting things to get better next week impression wise, seems though who hate the league already will be hard pressed to change that mindset

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I guess this whole "hyping up for the BEST league yet!" thing needs to die down.... not even close. I'll just watch the rest of the league expecting Unova to happen, maybe then I won't be frustrated anymore :/

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Omegaz's Opinions - XYZ34:

The Good:
- Alain vs Louis lasted longer than a minute.
- Good use of strategies from Ash and Shota
- Flashback to previous episode (continuity)
- Hawlucha's amazing entrance
- Hawlucha asking Serena to make a costume for him (#Luchaknows)
- Pikachu being a typical bad**s
- Serena's speech about her confidence in Ash winning
- Better battle than the previous ones.

The Bad:
- Hawlucha losing (Why give it the intro then?)
- Alain winning 6-2 to Louis (Are he, Ash, and Shota really on that high of a level compared to other trainers?)
- Alain being a disrespectful ba****d after his win (Have some respect for your opponents already)
- Why did we get that scene of Louis training in the water again?

Overall Score: 8.5/10
Verdict: I can't wait for Ash to defeat Shota/Sawyer and then put Alain in his proper place.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Hawlucha vs Slaking was like I can't really say. But getting one shotted was kinda bad even after he attacked Slaking. With everything he had and it still tanked all his moved. I really liked the Pikachu vs clawitzer battle as it was the best one this eppy. I am disappointed that the battles seem to be going Offaly fast.

Epicocity

As for Alain's reaction to the battle with Remo, yes it's cold and somewhat dick-ish but come on, the man brought a Pelipper. You CAN'T take him seriously! Plus he beat Garchomp easier this time, yeah he took a Draco but once they Mega'd he got stomped, hardly justification to say he's improved when he hasn't really (from how we saw the battle go) outside of new moves (three Dragon-type moves on Garchomp, call me a Fairy-type). Ok maybe he did improve but then this implies that Alain improved further, which actually sounds more likely to me.

When you realize that Sawyer brought a Slurpuff...at least in terms of looks, the anime has made Slurpuff look pretty damn dopey.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hawlucha must have low defense if it got taken down so easily although Counter may have been the main cause for this. It went from defeating a Mega Absol to getting defeated by a normal Slaking pretty quick.

ampfire101

Okay after a Karate chop x scissor and hi jump kick slaking should have gone down if not at least below 75%, then slack off only heals back 50% so then ash should have finished it off right there,
fighting and fire are two of the best coverage options and ash just lost both, great. I know me makes it to the finals but I doubt hell win, either he loses or team flare stirs things up so the battle is held off, that way ash has a rematch with alain when team flare battles the gang and this time he wins

Epicocity

Okay after a Karate chop x scissor and hi jump kick slaking should have gone down if not at least below 75%, then slack off only heals back 50% so then ash should have finished it off right there,
fighting and fire are two of the best coverage options and ash just lost both, great. I know me makes it to the finals but I doubt hell win, either he loses or team flare stirs things up so the battle is held off, that way ash has a rematch with alain when team flare battles the gang and this time he wins

Why would those be his best coverage?

I mean, Hawlucha would be prey for Salamence and Slurpuff and could do jack against Aegislash with most of his moves.
Talonflame would have an advantage against Aegislash and Sceptile along with a resistance to Slurpuff and Steel Wing (which seems to know Electro Ball somehow, so...) but once Sceptile Megas, it would likely fall since Brave Bird is its only flying move...and kind of suicidal.

Plus, in general, type coverage doesn't always mean anything...

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
Hawlucha has a really good character. It's too bad it was countered so well.

The battle was okay. Honestly didn't think it started well with the tit-for-tat, but once Pikachu got in the battle seemed to change. I'm looking forward to the next episode. The teaser seemed to show some really great animation.

hottom3rd

I don't see an issue with:
- how this battle was paced
- how sawyer is better (familiarity breeds excellent strategy it's a proven fact)
- the lack of switching (pretty sure pika gets recalled soon)
- alain being a douche. Ash is the anti- to alain's mentality. Ash's greninja is enough to destroy that zard.
- slaking (it's an impressive pokemon and the strategy worked)

I am enjoying this league a ton. IDK why so many are discontent, but I for one hope he wins the league (which he most likely will).

Alain's major weakness and the exploitation hint (his terrible reaction to charizard getting hit) will be the crack in the wall ash will expand upon.

Also, lawl.. sawyer has no idea goodra exists. that will be fun to watch.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I am enjoying this league a ton. IDK why so many are discontent, but I for one hope he wins the league (which he most likely will).

The battle isn't horrible, but if you compare it to something like Ash vs Paul, then it turns into an absolute joke. The bar has been set really high, and at this rate it won't reach it. I really wanted Ash to win a league with good battles, not mediocre ones. And don't even say that "Just wait till Ash vs Alain!", because I'm pretty sure that battle won't be much better than Ash vs Paul, maybe Ash vs Gary at best. It is obvious they need to wrap this up, but you can still have good battles while rushing, hence Sinnoh.